Croc 3 may soon leak

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ccrogers15, Apr 17, 2013.

1. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

A word of advice: playing the victim doesn't appear to work for you.

2. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Decapitated, YOU reported this thread - a thread that is 14 months old and, until OCG bumped it, hadn't had a reply in very nearly a year. The user ccrogers15 has not visited this site in the past 14 months - something you would see if you had looked at his profile. In fact, you reported your OWN thread, not the original!

You then moaned LESS THAN TWO HOURS LATER that nobody had closed the thread.

Why are you reporting a thread that is so old, made by a user who hasn't logged in for over a year? Borman stated a year ago it was highly suspicious. The user never came back to give proof. OCG then stated it was fake.

If you believe a member is using multiple accounts, report it to staff WITH THE ACCOUNT NAMES. There's no point in us banning a user who hasn't logged in since last year! And, as I said, any decision to ban a user will be ours, not yours.

My attitude is one of a staff member. Remember that and respect it. To quote the rules:

The reason you get yourself in hot water on forums is because you answer back to staff. Report the matter nicely, and leave it for staff to take appropriate action.

*EDIT*

You need to be careful what you accuse people of, too. Saying he is a scammer is insinuating that he has defrauded someone. Can you provide evidence of a fraudulent transaction? Saying you're going to buy a beta and not doing so is NOT a scam. It's a lie. Yes, it's attention-seeking and I guess trolling, but you need to just learn to ignore it or you are just taking the bait and feeding the troll. You then make yourself look childish.

By the way, your suggestion of Googling ccrogers15 scam didn't turn up ONE example of scamming by him.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Says whom?

You're going a little "off" here. Yes I reported the thread. So? What are you trying to prove? How is it wrong of me to do so? It's not even discussion worthy anymore and evidently, it's just being bumped up with more people adding to how this is false information. A thread that is 14 months old isn't even that bad of a bump. I have seen 3/4 year old threads bumped. If you were that concerned it would have been locked for this reason by now. I think you're just trying to nit pick because you have nothing to say?

Actually no, I can see how it can be interpreted this way. But my intentions were not to make it seem like this and I see how it can be interpreted two ways. That was not my intent to it seem like that. The original response was a reply to that of someone else who posted.

Why can't I report a thread that's old? It has been bumped and I stumbled upon it, noticed the original thread poster's name and then posted what I wanted. Whether or not a user has not posted in a year does not mean that the thread is not allowed to be reported.

This is like saying a 9 year old thread that just got bumped. Has people spamming/writing profanities in it is not eligible for a report button to be used.

Lolno.

I am fully aware that Borman had stated it was suspicious. If I were aware of the thread at the time I would have posted. I still don't get how you seem to think I shouldn't have posted/reported an old thread.

I believe he *may* have been banned earlier this year for the same false information/lies. I don't expect you to ban anyone which I why I don't report multiple accounts anymore. I have only suggest it in the past due to concerns like the Greatest TR situation which was managed *okay*. I nearly had myself scammed on this very forum! Even after multiple arguments and reports nothing was done. It only took him to almost scam users on this forum in a public sale to be dealt with. But you really can't do anything until something severe is done so yeah.... understood. (Still don't understand how he roams the forums). But this is not relevant so let's not go there.

I don't think so. I think you're just plain rude and disrespectful. Sorry but I've never encountered staff to act as rudely and unfair as you. I feel completely ridiculed which is a shame.... You speak to me like the member I am. I speak to you like the staff you are. Not one way. My intentions are not be be rude, if you feel I am then please address this. I did say please and thank you so I expect to be treated with respect.

What part have I answered back to you? I'm just stating my point and clarifying things. I DID report the matter nicely. How dare you even imply that I did not. I cannot express how annoyed I am at this. Trying to make me look like a fool because others couldn't see the report message? I put PLEASE how nicer do you expect me to be? Beg? I don't think so.

The reason I use the report button is to prevent me from posting in a thread and getting myself into further problems. I believe I may have explained this to another staff member. If you have a problem with me reporting posts then you should just address it to me through private messages.

I'm not accusing anyone! It's just the truth, why would I need to lie? I don't think so. I clearly stated that:

I don't believe that people here deserve to be mislead. There are many good members here and It'd be a shame. I expect that as a community we look out for each other to rid the place of fraudulent people. No harm in that now is there?

I have already done my homework with this guy. It's not my job to spoon feed it to you, as staff/volunteers it's something you *may* or *may not* have to do based on what you think is best. There's absolutely no way I can convince you, this is one of those things you read up on, investigate then judge base on the evidence and facts. I have encountered this troll enough to confirm it, until you have you really can't so I don't blame you.

Thank you.

4. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

This, 2 hours only after reporting the thread/complaining rightfully about it, is what pissed the staff off.

5. Mrox2

Mrox2 Active Member

This Crrogers guy is an infection, he is everywhere, spreading fakes and bullshit wherever he goes, since 3 years ago, he first spread filthy lies in the RE Forums and then threatened to hack it, its not safe to keep him lying around, I understand what I'm saying and I think Decapicitated has a point.
    +Eidos Forum
    +Capcom Unity
    +Other Resident Evil forums, 123, Fan forums...
    +So many, hell hes even doing it on FB, I think he has a mental issue or something or hes just dumb, I'm sorry for saying this but It's true... well I hope he stops doing this as its not funny, but I would be glad to be proven wrong, at least I'm not the only one thinking that way.

6. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

At this point the situation seems as though it would be better handled through PMs. I'm not staff nor do I claim to be, but any more talk of the OP would consist of beating a dead horse. Also we're all fully aware that Croc 3 will not be leaked by the user. Sorry if it seems like I'm butting in where I don't belong. Just wanna help.

7. Unknown-Organization

Unknown-Organization <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Decapitated Good thing I check this thread today. Just incase you din't know. I'm the user called Greatest TR but yes I admit I have managed to pull of a big troll to user from Resident 1.5 thread. I only did that for a laugh because as most people do obsess with Resident 1.5 all the time and they argue alot. So it was perfect timing to troll everyone. It was wrong what I did but at the time it was hairlious back then for me. You post did not make too clear for me. You said you almost got scammed, By who? If you trying to say it was me then you obviously lying at this point and so is multi account. If it was someone else who almost scammed you then my apology to you for me bring this topic up in the first place. Again, you said he still roaming this fourm. Not sure you mention to me or someone else. Me being a shitbag in this fourm... YES but as a scammer or duplicated account then NO! Or otherwise I would get caught by moderator then obviously I would have been banned two years ago, again I have not been banned once so far. I only got the warning. Just want to make a steer clear, that all. I'm not having someone accused me something that I didn't do. MODERATOR Sorry I have bring this one up.

8. Decapicitated

I'm aware of exactly who you are. That's fine if you thought it was funny at the time. But really, it was a potential threat to the forums. I am pleased that you at least realise that it was wrongful to do this and it makes me smile. I'm not even going to go further into the past with you to cause problems. I actually find it odd that you deny half the claims I make when I have 100% evidence. You know full well what happened through private messages. Furthermore, I also reported the instance to a staff member who said they could only keep an eye on you. You did have a duplicate account (a couple I think) but if you are claiming you didn't then you're just denial.

Sorry, I can't quite make out what some of your post means unfortunately but what do you hope to accomplish? I'm only telling the truth.

Thank you.

9. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

we can CLOSE this thread now......

10. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Here it is really simple - if a member of staff tells you that you are out of line, STOP, Do NOT keep arguing the toss with them. That's the fast way to piss us off.

My job is to moderate what happens HERE. It is NOT my job to go searching the Internet for why this member MIGHT pose a risk to our forum. If a member wants to report / PM a staff member WITH RELEVANT INFORMATION, that's fine. I'm not going to go chasing after this person, though.

If they don't do anything wrong here, they stay. Is that plain enough for you?

You claim he is trolling under other accounts but won't provide them... telling me to do my research. In short, you yourself are now trolling and wasting my time.

Like I said, it's fine to report WITH RELEVANT INFORMATION but please LOOK before you report - if the user hasn't been online in over a year, we're very unlikely to do anything about it. Your report contributed nothing.

Once again, don't say someone is a scammer just because they troll and say they can get something they can't. THAT IS NOT A SCAM.

Anyway, have a warning - answer back again and you will find yourself having a break from posting here.

That's not your decision.

11. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

That's something I'll never understand when it comes to private forums, the people who are the mods/admins make the decisions on this sort of thing (threads being closed or not, posts to delete, etc) and if they fuck up and cross a line they have someone to answer to amongst themselves. Maybe it's because I've been on both sides of that coin that I get it.

It's like arguing with a cop. Yeah you might be right but he has the right to detain you for 24 hours without charging you if you're going to be a dick.

12. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

13. OCG

OCG Serbian Prinny

I somehow can't help but feel that this whole argument above was my fault for bumping the thread, but causing these arguents was not my intention at all. I just wanted to point out that it was fake because the way thread was left could lead some to believe that actual Croc 3 playable build exists which is not the case at all so why would people try to contact Argonaut devs and gather info for nothing? I wanted everything to be clear Croc 3 was only considered in 2004 for platforms such as PS2 and back then new DS and PSP and that is same year the Argonaut closed so having playable build is really unlikely. This was confirmed by a Croc fan who even got a chance to visit Argonaut and also stayed in contact with few devs.
    BTW, thanks to proof I provided to Unseen64 owner, the whole Croc 3 page now looks different: http://www.unseen64.net/2012/12/29/croc-3-stone-of-the-gobbos-cancelled-psx-ps2-xbox-gamecube/

Also, the other user really reminded me about this when he posted and I can say that ccrogers15 also trolled on Spyro forums claiming that he is dev from the team that made Enter The Dragonfly and that he is working on new Spyro game.

14. Decapicitated

Please do not feel that it is your fault.

It's just the cause of my frustration. I feel that this was imminent to happen anyways.. Unfortunately, It just happened to be me who stepped myself into it. I am surprised a few other people on this forum who are aware of the guy which I have been in contact with didn't comment (well one did ;]). I just can't be bothered with people like that which is why I pointed it out. My original intent was not to cause any arguments but to at least try remove false hope which also seemed to be your intentions according to the following quote:

Nobody deserves to be mislead. Thank you for your assistance in trying to prevent false hope. I greatly appreciate it! When I saw your post I just wanted to add more evidence to it...

Cheers.