Croc 3 may soon leak

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ccrogers15, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ccrogers15

ccrogers15 Spirited Member

Ive been talking with a former Argonaut Employee (The one who originally released the info about C3 on unseen 64).
    He says He may sell me a very early playable prototype for the Sony Playstation 2!

He has verified that He is in fact, a legit employee.
    But how much do You think I should offer?

2. CoinCollector

CoinCollector Spirited Member

Whoa, nice. The people over at the Croc Fan Forum will flip if you're successful.

Hmm, but I don't have any experience in this area, sorry. Plenty of others here should have something to say of course!

3. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Like I said, it would be barely playable if anything, and based off one of their existing engines. The game was in the earliest of phases, look at stuff like Bionicle 2 or Zorro to get a better idea of what to expect.

4. ccrogers15

Notice: This is not going to happen.
    He was going to, but was told no by the developers founder.

He is allowed to release only info and that is all. He says he will release info on unseen64 and tell me when he does.

Its because zenimax (The current Croc IP holder), is a Cease And Desist crazy type company.

5. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Word of advice for next time: don't announce stuff until it's in your hands ;P

6. Borman

It likely isn't the last you'll hear of Croc 3 anyway, but as I've been saying, the story isn't that exciting :p You're talking about a company who was taking its dying breaths at the time.

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Spirited Member

It would be pretty nice if something did surface one day, Croc was the first game i ever owned on PC, so it always has a soft spot with me.

8. CoinCollector

CoinCollector Spirited Member

Bummer, thanks for the effort. Looking forward to any new info on U64!

Yeah... hopes lowered appropriately. :) But with an unannounced and never-publicly-seen game like this, anything at all will be totally interesting.

9. ccrogers15

And how would he know the story is not good? :p

Everyone went crazy over Glover 2, which basically barely has a story.
    And everyone blew up to heaven when a almost non playable leak of 1.5 happened, which has pretty much no story.

With games connected to mass nostalgia, especially games from the 90`s, Everyone will go crazy.

Anyways, the guy was able to tell me some pretty yummy details about croc 3.
    It used the BRender engine version Malice used, it started development early 2001, and was initially planned for release on PC, PS1, PS2,Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox. When development extended, eventually the PC port and Dreamcast port was cancelled. Dreamcast because of the discontinuation of it, and PC because of optimization issues. It was planned to release in Fall 2004, but then internally delayed and was to release in 2005, but at a near final state, sadly the company closed.

Anyways, this info and pictures of croc 3 he promised will be shown on Unseen 64 soon. So he said to keep a look out.

10. Tricky

Tricky Robust Member

Looking forward to seeing more info on Croc 3! Shame current chances of any builds of the game finding their way into the public are gone, but won't lose hope for somethign in the future :)

11. Borman

How would I know? I've only been slowly covering the final 5 years of Argonaut on my website, no big deal or anything. Croc 3 shows up in none of their financial reports up to 2003, which included things going into 2004. Im in contact with a number of Argonaut employees, actually, and while Croc 3 has come up in the conversations, no one has stated that its progress was anything further than being in the design stages still. I'd love to be proven wrong though, but I would imagine more development happened after the studio closed, like at least one other project (Urban Chaos).

12. ccrogers15

Croc 3 according to unseen64 and 2 former argonaut staff i talked to, was in development from 2001-2004 by Argonaut, then 2005-2006 by mud duck productions until zenimax cancelled it because mud duck was taking too long to finish, which proved fatal and closed mud duck and ended the series. Although they ended the series it seems they still care for the trademark as they are out giving C&D orders for leaks of the proto.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  13. Borman

Like I said, it shows up in no financial reports from 2001-2003, which specifically mentions titles in development, including some that were eventually cancelled. Apart from telling how much Croc was selling, the only other Croc related info is in 2001, which does not name Croc 3 has something in development. I have no doubt that early development and prototypes were done though.

14. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Doh, your attempt is foiled? Would have been good to see Croc 3 in action. Especially if it returned to the jewel health system instead of hearts.

15. OCG

OCG Serbian Prinny

This is fake. I contacted Zenimax and they have no idea who Croc is. This is what they wrote to me:

"I have been informed to let you know that "Croc" is not our property. As for who owns it I am unsure. I wish I had more information for you, but at least I was able to answer one of your questions
    .I wish you the best of luck in finding the answers you seek and hope you have a wonderful day."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  16. Decapicitated

Decapicitated Site Supporter 2011-13 Lara Croft

Hey folks, Please do not believe this trash I can have tons of other people come here and explain to you what exactly is going on here.

Let's just sum it up, CCRogers15 is a liar. Spreads false information and lies just for a few minutes of fame. If you Google his forum name you will find he has scammed/lied to:

Tomb Raider Forums
    Spyro Forums
    Soul Reaver Forums
    Resident Evil Forums
    Croc Forums
    (Possibly even more)

I could go on and flame him but there's no use in that. He's been trying to spread incorrect information regarding Tomb Raider beta/development stuff and I don't think the fans deserve that.

Please just lock this and ban him (he has made alternate accounts and trolled this forum earlier this year).

17. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Any idea what names those others accounts were under?

18. Decapicitated

Of course, I could list them all but I'd rather not due to privacy he at least deserves. I've had random PMs throughout my time here from someone claiming "Video Game Beta Book" and Unseen64 have this and that information and the person has this and that beta/prototype. It's all lies, if you see someone mentioning a website named "Video Game Beta Book" then it's most likely him. Making false claims that Unseen64 had information on an article I wrote then it got removed? I don't think so, I know what I write there and can view the article history.

I guess I'm done here, if nobody wants to lock this then so be it. It's just false hope and for a community full of honest members. It's a shame there are certain people who just have to ruin that.

Thank you.

19. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

A word of advice - don't report a post and then bitch that moderators haven't acted upon your report a mere hour or two later. WE ALL HAVE LIVES. We will get around to reading reports when necessary and taking appropriate action, where necessary. This takes me on to another point - don't think that because you don't like someone, we will close their thread. That's for us to decide. You said that you chase this user on several forums and nearly get yourself banned "for going over the top" - perhaps you should moderate how you speak to people and what you expect of site staff. Remember that forums like this are staffed by volunteers who have day jobs, and don't expect immediate action.

Anyway, you're bumping a thread that is OVER A YEAR OLD. I think it's obvious by now that the user didn't get hold of said product. Likewise, a respected member (now staff) suggested that his claims weren't quite right. And the OP hasn't logged into this site for over a year! What exactly do you hope to gain by bumping such an old thread and stirring things up?

20. Decapicitated

I dislike your attitude. Nor do I appreciate you claiming I'm bitching when simply I'm not. You're right about that. Whether you lock a thread or not is your problem. I only suggested it not that it should happen entirely. I'm aware everyone has a life and is busy, do you actually think I'm that dumb? I don't think so, don't need reminding of obvious things like this thanks.

FYI, I did not bump this thread. Someone else did, I only responded to someone that had posted to confirm further that this was fake. There is no stirring here, if there's any stirring of the pot, you're doing it by making this worse and not reviewing the situation fully. What part is that even stirring? People have a right to know whether this is true or false. Just because people would like to provide more information does not mean the situation is being stirred.

This is ridiculous. How very dramatic, never discussed something so ridiculous in my life.

Edit: Why all the mods seem to jump and turn things against me when others have posted this is fake is beyond me. Bullying perhaps?

Not happy.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    frogz2007 likes this.