Creating RGB Scart for Core Grafx Cosnole with RGB Mod

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by PIXeL92, Apr 11, 2018.

1. PIXeL92

PIXeL92 Spirited Member

Hi All,

I want to create a RGB scart cable for my Core Grafx console and need some help.

I have found the pin out for the Din connector I am struggling to find anything for the scart end, more importantly if I need to put any capacitors / resistors at the scart end, has anyone made one before that could help me ?

Regards

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Caps/resistors in the cable depends on the mod you do inside the console.

3. PIXeL92

PIXeL92 Spirited Member

4. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

As I just said. Needing caps/resistors depends on the mod in the console.

Ask the person who made the mod how it's designed.

5. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Peppy Member

It looks like the mod already has the necessary resistor and capacitor on the RGB lines so all u would need is a resistor between scart pin 8 and pin 16 to switch to RGB. But as Bad_ad said, check the documentation for that particular mod.

6. PIXeL92

PIXeL92 Spirited Member

Managed to get it sorted, you are right the resistor and capacitors where both on the RGB lines of the mod. Managed to get the cable made up, started at 1.5m by the time I was happy with the tidiness of my wires / soldering it came in at just over a meter lol.

Console turned up at mine today will get the mods installed and test the cable over the next few days (we got a doggy over the weekend so he is requiring all our attention at the moment :) )

From continuity checks from din head to scart the wiring seems fine and solid.

Taijigamer2 likes this.