Crank the Weasel

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Toon Swinger, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mattisafish

Mattisafish Member

I think these are probably all thats left, i reccomend you hit up ID-Daemon on Xentax or Facepunch, im sure he could help decompile the already compiled .R2 file, dude is a wizard.

2. Toon Swinger

Toon Swinger The Eletro Swing player from 1936

Be unfortunate for that to be all that's left. However, I do understand that being the case as well. Especially when you realize we're digging up a game that is around 15 years old. I was just being hopeful that some of the assets I was looking for were just bundled along with other assets all in 1 file or something. Take the demo level build for example. Only a handful of files despite the demo showing more assets than the actual files being listed to play the demo. Made me think that all the assets were just bundled in 1 or 2 files.

But this is all just my guess. Until I can get some official word or have decompiled the files I'm really just talking from my rear-end at this point.

Wonder if he can teach me how to decompile files as well. Would help me out a bit.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  3. Mattisafish

Mattisafish Member

[​IMG]
    Its not much but heres Crank's texture, im working on the mesh but i cant make any promises

Kao likes this.
  4. brians

brians Member

(I hate that there's no delete option here)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  5. brians

brians Member

Fun fact: We made Hydro Thunder (arcade) just before starting Weasel.

speedyink and Kao like this.
  6. brians

brians Member

I have a bunch of models and maps. Hang tight. I'll dig them up in a bit and post a link.

Kao likes this.
  7. brians

brians Member

Here are a couple of renders of the Factory level I got running in UE4:
    W_factory_UE4_01.jpg
    W_factory_UE4_02.jpg

PixelButts, Kao and _XBOX_ like this.
  8. brians

brians Member

Hey, Toon Swinger! The music for Weasel came directly from studio recordings performed by the early big band & swing artists back in the 20s through 40s. We wanted the music to be 100% authentic so were just going to license all the original tracks.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    MRKane05 likes this.
  9. brians

brians Member

I'm going to post a link to all the models/maps/levels I have soon (soon, meaning once I'm back from Thanksgiving travel next week).

MRKane05 likes this.
  10. Mattisafish

Mattisafish Member

THE HYPE INTENSIFIES!!! U SIR ARE A KING

11. Toon Swinger

@brians Thank you very much. You rock! It would be really be cool to have the extra models. I really wanted to see some of the character models as I like to see more of how you captured the old 1930s cartoony aesthetics and translate them into 3D.

I also was able to get the models loading in Unity (had to install Maya first). Is really nice to see the games levels in full detail.

As for the music I do love the fact that you were using authentic Big Band Swing music. It really completes the games style.

12. Toon Swinger

Oh nice! Were you able to find those in the asset files or did you get that directly from the games demo?

13. Mattisafish

Mattisafish Member

Got it from the demo, ninjaripper barely works with whatever version of Direct3D this uses but its able to pull all the textures :)

14. AntlerWeasel

AntlerWeasel Newly Registered

Hey so, my friend JUST linked me this thread today and I remember hearing about this game forever ago!! I'm glad to see it was brought back at least like this, and I was wondering if anyone still was ripping models or such from it? I have no idea how to myself [im pretty much entry level on all of this stuff], but hey it'd be fun to try and get into this stuff.

15. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

@brians who was one of the original devs was going to post some models once he found the time to. The holidays may have interrupted those plans.

16. AntlerWeasel

AntlerWeasel Newly Registered

Yeah I imagine so, I dropped a message to them in the hope they somehow get the message. I won't spam them though, I just hope they do return with more to share.

17. Toon Swinger

Yeah, I can assume they're busy with other matters as ripping and uploading models is something they'd have to take time out of their daily lives to do. I'm fine with waiting as I feel they've already done so much for us.

18. Anderwin

Anderwin Spirited Member

thats kickass! To read this topic and see the older devs answer and helping this forum :eek:.

Thanks a lot! Bad the game was never released but is looked kickass and a nice idea!

19. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

@brians If I was to start another thread concerning Hydro Thunder would yourself or any other teams members be willing to talk about the development? I loved that game and dumped quite a bit of time into it. I'd love to ask some questions if that'd be okay.

20. Beatbroken

Beatbroken Active Member

This game has some really good art direction, it's a shame it never saw the light of day.