Crank the Weasel

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Toon Swinger, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Toon Swinger

Toon Swinger The Eletro Swing player from 1936

Can't wait for the clip. Interesting in seeing the world you were making and the characters that live within it. What places are accessable in the demo?

2. Eric Browning

Eric Browning Active Member

One more, this was from E3 (by way of IGN). It's the only footage I've seen of the actual game:

3. Toon Swinger

Nice! I wonder if IGN ever released this publicly as I have no memory of ever seeing it. Or maybe it was shown behind closed doors or something. Anyways I can't wait for you upcoming video of the demo build.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  4. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Missed that one, so thanks for sharing. Really looks like you were pretty far along with this, although the quick cuts make it tough to really appreciate everything that's going on.

Looking forward to your next video of the pitch build. Thanks again!

matoto likes this.
  5. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Hi Eric! You emailed me because of my Lost Levels website aaaaaages ago when this was first canceled. I hadn't heard of the game at the time, but instantly became a fan when I read the design docs on Brian's site. I'm glad to see you digging stuff up, and I'd love to see the original Floigan concept come to life. Laurel & Hardy: The Video Game needs to happen.

Eric Browning likes this.
  6. Eric Browning

Brian and I have a game we need to make before we're dead, that's for sure. We tried and failed with Floigan Brothers, then with Weasel. I need to dig up the concepts for our version of FB- that stuff never saw the light of day. Ironically Visual Concepts was one of the few studios that would have taken a risk like that, which they did a few years after we left.

arnoldlayne and Kao like this.
  7. Eric Browning

I remember talking to you back then! I loved that there was a website collecting that stuff, there is so much work that never gets seen.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  8. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I loved Floigan Brothers

9. Toon Swinger

After playing tons of indie games I've come to appreciate games done by smaller teams. How many people were on the development team?

10. matoto

matoto Newly Registered

How Can I Find Crank The Weasel Pitch Demo?

11. OCG

OCG Serbian Prinny

Will soon more content be posted?

12. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Missed this one, didn't see we have a dev from it!

I hope the demo can be officially shared sometime. It's neat seeing devs sharing their old prototypes laying around.

OCG likes this.
  13. OCG

OCG Serbian Prinny

I am very much interested in demo. Willing to pay money if needed to get it and swearing I won't ever upload it. Regarding if it is legal to be freely up online, I am not expert in law but considering Midway no longer exist, I wonder who owns copyright to Crank. I am sure trademark already expired because he was not used at all after cancellation but I am sure someone still owns copyright to character and existing stuff. Since this game is very unknown to most of people I doubt anyone would mind if demo was up online for playing. Unless of course someone plans to revive this game for modern platforms which would be very awesome. We need new M-rated cartoony platformer so bad.

14. Kallus

Kallus Seriously Serious Member

Always loved the concept of this game, Shame it was canned, Looked really fun...

15. pato

pato Resolute Member

Well, I think in last case the copyright actually goes to the public in such cases.

16. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I dont think that is the case at all Pato.

What people need to understand is that these developers are still in the industry. If people find out that they are leaking things, that can impact their career. And there is no such thing as anonymous.

frogz2007 likes this.
  17. Toon Swinger

Not leaking the demo online is something I can understand. Although I'm curious if it's still possible to just show more of the content within the demo. Just show more of the gameplay and or development material such as concept art. I mention this since we've already seen some of the gameplay and concept art. Wonder if it's alright to show some more.

18. OCG

OCG Serbian Prinny

More footage surfaces:

The more footage becomes available, the more I wish I can play this masterpiece. I really hope one day someone releases this game.

PixelButts, _XBOX_ and Kao like this.
  19. Kao

Kao Gutsy Member

Nice find! Someone should download that video before it disappears from youtube! :)

20. Eric Browning