Covers

Discussion in 'Geist Force' started by ASSEMbler, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Meringues

Meringues <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Here are a couple of US versions I threw together inc front, back and inlay, I've added bulk text to give an idea for layout purposes but can easily be changed.​

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. CD ageS

CD ageS Robust Member

Fuck yeah! a black US cover how cool. May i suggest placing the "SEGA" logo on the bottom left hand corner of the cover art (much like how you see it in the white alternate cover) for more convincing accuracy ;)

3. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

excellent work

4. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Looking good.

5. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Just as an FYI, I just tried the game with my arcade stick and it doesn't work so you may not want to include that as a supported accessory as the claim would be inaccurate.

I expected as much since Geist Force uses the control pad's analog stick for steering and d-pad for ancillary functions. The arcade stick is basically a d-pad with a stick for leverage.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  6. Meringues

Cool, I never actually tried the arcade stick, I don't even know if its compatible with the VMU or Vibration Pack for that matter :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  7. elmagicochrisg

elmagicochrisg Rising Member

Deleted Post

Fine, I took the cover down so you don't have to look at that 'hideous thing' anymore...

I sure hope he never sees this thread...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  8. Meringues

Hmm, he only provides high res if you donate? ah well :witless:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  9. elmagicochrisg

He does them on demand afteral...

I'm sure 2 or 3 bucks would do the trick though...

Why don't you just ask him?...

10. Shinebi

Shinebi Dauntless Member

That doesn't look good at all: Japanese/US logos mix, compressed & low res images, blatant paste etc...

11. elmagicochrisg

[​IMG]

12. mooseblaster

mooseblaster Bleep. Site Supporter 2012, 2014

...it's okay. Whilst I have no issue with the text and standard images he's used, it's a shame that it doesn't really match a particular style of Dreamcast case or maintained a standard. Personally, I'm more of a fan of Meringes' covers as they fit better with the style and designs of released Dreamcast games.

Looking at sevin0sevens' other covers, it's actually a little odd - most of the time he appears to follow the style and design ethic of the console, but occasionally his design is so out of line it just makes no sense:

Take for example this cover he's done for Dracula X (aka Rondo of Blood):

[​IMG]

...which is good, versus his cover design for 'Oh no! More Zombies Ate My Neighbors!':

[​IMG]

It's just so strangely inconsitent with all the other cover images he's done (what with the smattering of N64 logos, the portrait design when all his other designs are landscape, and the overall oddness to it) that I'm not entirely sure what he was actually thinking about with the design. I'm not really 'dissing' his work, just that I don't really get why he chose to make a few of his covers so radically different from the norm, when he clearly understands how they should look from the myriad of fantastic covers he's done.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  13. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

No offense to whoever made those, but they all look terrible. o_O Look at those Konami-Logos for ZAMN - it's hard to imagine something even further away from Konami's SNES design in the early 90's. And the Geist Force cover, without saying, is ludicrous. A DVD-case? And is it American or Japanese? Why the orange spine with English text? Oh, and what's just painful to see is that orange swirl in a white box. What the hell is going on there?

14. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

I miss those little Konami waves logo!!! Ok they look out of place, here, if you want to respect the US cover. I think the cover look good.

Still not getting use to the new Konami logo it's utterly ugly, pointless and is ruining my childhood!!!