Conker 12 Tales and Ura Zelda. 64DD

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ma777, Jan 19, 2008.

1. C.Badfurday

C.Badfurday Active Member

There was some guy on the rarewitchproject forums a few months ago who claimed to have (or know who has) 12 tales, a few days later he said it was sold to someone else for >10 grand iirc, found the thread (beware of BS): http://www.rarewitchproject.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32587

Last post links right back here, how surprising. Whoever sits on that thing should at least announce the pricetag he has in mind ;)

2. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

That was me :p

I messaged Assembler after initially posting there, and found out whoever had it had sold it already. Probably never gonna see it again. That board really pissed me off though, no one there seemed to care much, generally most responses showed that they didn't even care about the game at all IMO. Even if we had a chance at getting that cart no one there would have likely donated I bet :/

3. C.Badfurday

C.Badfurday Active Member

Well, RWP was a nice hacking project once... today it's a forum where kids talk about what dreams they had and how those dreams could enable Stop'n'Swop in Banjo Kazooie... pretty depressing, somehow.
    How is it that that's all you ever hear about this game, that it'll never be seen again? I mean, what sense would that make? Somebody bought it for some reason, either to play and have it all to himself, in which case he could sell it after a few playthroughs though, for nice money, probably more than he paid. Or purely for profit, which means he might want to hold onto it even more but will sell it eventually. Or was it bought back by Rare? :p

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

It's just a natural response. Especially considering how often N64 prototypes, let alone from Rare, ever turn up i.e never. Something like this was sold in private, if it ever was up for sale again it'd probably go to another private collector or something.

5. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

I was just thinking this the other day. Twelve Tails and Conkers BFD both used the same engine so maybe there is some left over stuff located in Conkers BFD? Just a thought. I dunno if anyones ever looked in to it enough before.

6. MoBoRoS

MoBoRoS Intrepid Member

Yeah.. The Conker's 3D model. Its almost identical to the Twelve tails version(except fom the shirt color and the expression on the face which is a bit altered). Apart from that, i don't think it can be figured out if there are any other similarities in these games.

About the leftover stuff:
    I don't think it even exists. It would have been found if it existed.

Conker's Bad Fur Day
    [​IMG]
    12 Tales
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  7. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Don't know if you still visit this forum but I'd like to ask if there are some more details , outside of those in the Mariowiki article, about Super Mario for 64DD.
    I've heard a level was completed ( and shown ? ).
    Are there any screenshot from that prototype?
    Any idea of what one could look like ?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh <B>Site Supporter 2014</B><BR><B>Whole Month Spons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:thumbsup:

9. JamesMichael

Woah first I've ever seen those pictures before. Thanks for sharing Gilgamesh

10. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Neat :)

Are those from Shoshinkai 95 ?
    What does the japanese sentences mean ?

Looks identical to the N64 version ( I can't tell those are for 64DD without the units laying aside and the images urls ).

But the biggest question of all is:
    where is :luigi: ? ;-)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  11. RichardX

RichardX Peppy Member

In the second picture you can see clearly that a console joypad is connected and you can see the drive Consider carefully.

thanks for the pictures!

12. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Yes, I was talking specifically about the first pic with that sentence ( that's why I said "without the units laying aside" )

Now, I know that it's authenticity is in doubt but still it shouldn't harm:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Holy shit! And that is supposed to be an in-game screenshot an not just an edge mockup? :love2:

14. JamesMichael

Its meant to be a leaked image but its authenticity has been questioned a lot over the years.

15. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

I can see why.
    The informations in the article seems fit to what we know although some detail as the vertical splitscreen for multiplayer should be new.
    But the context around the article smells like fake.

The only way it is an authentic leaked screenshot is that Edge purposely revealed it in an ambiguous way.

Seeing as there is very little informations on it and that practically no material exist ( except those images Gilgamesh kindly provided ) that screenshot is as authentic as you believe ( or hope ) it is.

James is there on the net a discussion about that Edge article ?
    When I searched I couldn't came up with anything.

16. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

BEWARE:

DO NOT BELIEVE ANY CRAP POSTED BY MAGAZINES just because it was printed in ink.

Super Mario 64, the retail version of the game has no 64DD capabilities. It lacks both the hardware (chip) and software to support the 64DD.

As far as I can tell the screenshot is just from SM64, the version we all have.

SM64 II was going to be a big DD app, Nintendo officially stated, but they never organized a game out of it. They were already deep in with Zelda and its sequel plus a ton of other games under the eye of Shigeru.

SM64 II was the test bed for what became Sunshine and Galaxy - see how the SM64 cover has a spherical planet and Mario flying? connect the dots ;)

17. JamesMichael

There most likely is some discussion on the article around the net on various sites but I don't know any links.

One thing that should be noted is that the game had only one finished level for testing and to be honest I think they were more in to other projects as Barc0de has said. Its possible the screenshot could be from the test build of the game but it just all rings fake to me. Unless somewhere its been confirmed but other than that take it with a huge grain of salt. During these times magazines would print anything.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  18. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

ZOMG Timber 64 ;-)

But I agree.
    Actually if asked to me I would say it is probably fake the content of that article ( sadly ).

One thing I was wondering about the first image posted by Gilgamesh is that , if what we know is true, about the existence of only one level then that test level was said to be (2) multiplayer but doesn't look like that in that screen ...

EDIT:
    Also I'm wondering if Super Mario 64 II and Super Mario 64 DD could have been two different titles.
    One meant to be the sequel to the N64 game and the other meant to be a sort of stand alone add-on in a similar way of Super Mario 64 DS.
    Just speculation on my part.

19. JamesMichael

Haha you might be right on Timber 64 but still I'm not giving up on it yet ;-)

You could be right there actually. I think most of what Super Mario 64 2 was meant to be went in to Super Mario 64 DS when they got chance to use it. Maybe not all the functions but a lot of the multiplayer support was there and new levels were present.

20. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

Shiggy said they never achieved implementing 2p support for Mario in a way that was fun to play. That's why you still don't see split-screen Mario or Mario and Luigi running around a la DKC.

I loved what they did with New SMBros on the Wii though, great stuff - certainly not possible on the n64/snes due to the dynamic camera and 4 player calculations.

Galaxy 1 and 2 offer second person interaction but it's not a Mario experience for the second player. That said, it's awesome when I have a girl over since she can help me out while I kick ass anyway.