Conker 12 Tales and Ura Zelda. 64DD

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ma777, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

"The dinosaur"? As in, Berri (Pre-Crisis Berri)'s little purple partner? (Looked more like a velociraptor than Barney, for those wondering.)

2. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

I recall reading an interview around the release of Bad Fur Day, that said that Twelve Tales was "completed mostly" and it was sitting somewhere in a drawer etc o_O IGN it was I think.

3. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

I'd prefer that reality, thank you very much.

Hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope...

4. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

Indeed mate! I can't wait for the next one!! :)
    Here are some questions your threads putted in my head :
    a) Did the Marigul Team had something to do with Conker / Ura Zelda?
    b) If I recall correctly, the N64 Ura Zelda is not the same as the one that camed out on the GC?
    c) Re*0 was planned for 64dd initially? And if so, do you think you could get more information about it?

I can confirm it, I have magazines that show screenshots of an almost complete version of TT, when it was shown at eiter EEE or Space World and got a sh*tload of critics..:lol:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  5. Nintendomad

Nintendomad <h3><I><B>REST IN PEACE<BR>IN MEMORY OF<BR>A TRUE<

LOL Drama indeed, ok so I concede that Twelve tales bore a little rembalance, and no kammedo Marigul didn't have anything to do with twleve tales unfortunately, or we may have seen some sort of leak if it is complete as you guys say it is.

I thought they stopped development right after the e3 show, and then took the game in the totally different direction, but I guess that it's plausible that it was completed, and if yakumo says they said it was completed in an interview, I'll go along with that. It's just I know a guy who used to work at rare and as far as he knew, though he wasn't involved in the project, the game changed direction at around 50 percent mark, he could be wrong though and he said that to me. The only reason I said it bore no resemblance was because other than reused textures and models, the game was acute platform game that turned into a foul mouthed adventure game based on scenarios.

As for n64 Ura zelda, completely different game than the released gamecube game.Refer to my earlier post for the differences, but the main differences, were more dungeons, rearranged dungeons on each play through, new enemies, gameboy camera, and capture cartridge support, through mario artist, and the world would stay as you left it every time, like if you broke a sign it would remain broken, and if you completed a dungeon, it would remain the way you left it. Same applies for pots etcc.. There was supposedly a dungeon editor in there as well, but that has not been fully confirmed, so I'll leave that as rumour for now. Though the gamecube version was just Ocarina ran through the dungeon randomizer part of the 64dd program, and then pressed. They couldn't port over the features of the dd disk it wouldn't have been possible at that time.

Randnet testers did play the final version of the game Darthcloud, and they were gearing up for it to be released before the whole randnet project was canned. It was going to be at the randnet booth in spaceworld 2000, but Nintendo cancelled Randnet and 64dd for spaceworld 2000 and the rest is history, and the only reason it never got a release is because, Nintendo refused to make any more disks once Doshin and Japan pro golf had been made. So it forever remained completed in it's true form but unable to be released by Randnet.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  6. c_rpg

c_rpg Spirited Member

This might be a bit off-topic, but I saw this screenshot some time ago and I was wondering if anyone out here knew where it was from. Is it just a mockup or a fan video or something? Or is it something official (I doubt it...).

[​IMG]

7. DarthCloud

DarthCloud Fiery Member

mockup

8. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

So: a finished Ura Zelda exists; a finished Twelve Tales might exist.

Dammit! They'll never make Nintendo or Rare any money; I wish some employee would realize this and let something slip...

9. DarthCloud

DarthCloud Fiery Member

Nintendo are so well organized that they will probably have no difficulty at all to identify the leaker of such binary. I think that employee all know this and cover their ass.

10. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

Would we even be able to play the ROMs if dumped?

11. Flyinghigh

Flyinghigh Peppy Member

a rom from Rare probably no...

12. DarthCloud

DarthCloud Fiery Member

An image of Ura Zelda would be the only think that will motive some coder to finaly emulate the 64DD.

Their is no emulation now cause most game do not deceive the trouble of trying to emulate them.

Btw, I don't think we will ever see an 64DD ura-zelda image tbh..

If you was referring to conker them if a rom exist it can be played for sure. But again we are not going to see that either anyway...

13. kammedo

DD is a great console! >_<
    This is only true in part. The other fact is that its really not so easy to reverse engineer all the libraries (due to the complexity), but never say never ;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  14. Nintendomad

Ura Zelda is definetly finished, and according to randnet fan magazine and the Randnet DD magazine, it was due on their schedule for release at one point under the name: Zelda No Densetsu: Toki No Ocarina URA 64DD, now everyone knows that this was TOKi No Ocarina URA, but the name didn't have working title beside it like alot of titles, so the 64DD version even has a different name to the gamecube version, with the 64DD lettering being in the title, and the title was definetly complete, tested and ready for release, and was much bigger, diverse, and used the 64dd's unique features, unlike the Gamecube version, but I have explained that in earlier posts. It does exist in disk form, on blue disk though, and possibly in grey disk at NCL. However the Super Mario team and Randnet testing team tested the game on development drives in the blue disk format, and played the complete version of the game.

The only reason it never got released, as I have said before, is Nintendo had stopped manafacturing 64DD grey disks by the time Randnet had it on their release schedule, and this game along with Wall Street (another finished 64DD title, known to exist on blue disk at NCL, and was tested by randnet and Super mario Club) were due to be released at the end of 2000, early 2001 for the people who had stuck by Randnet. Unfortunately the userbase became so low at the end of the year 2000, Nintendo refused to manafacture any more disks after Kyojin no Doshin Kaihō Sensen Chibikko Chikko Daishūgō and japan pro Golf Tour 64.

Perhaps it would have been wiser for Recruit and Nintendo to have organised the release date's of Ura Zelda, and other Nintendo titles during the middle of 2000, therefore enabling randnet to release the titles, and actually keep the subscriber list high until the very end and sell many more copies of released titles than they did. I am positive, if they had announced Ura Zelda for release, people with a 64DD would have kept their randnet subsciption until that was released, and would have made alot of sense, and actually may have lengthened the life of the 64DD. Because if they had high sales of Ura Zelda, then there would have been demand their for the other unreleased NCL titles, and Recruit and Nintendo may have seen reason to keep on going.

The whole debacle is puzzling really, many people stuck with randnet because they were promised more Nintendo based titles after the subscription titles, and Ura Zelda was still on the release list until late 2000, it would have at least been a nice gesture for Nintendo to release a complete, tested, and debuged title for the loyal subscribers who bought into randnet DD and stuck with it until the very end. To release a an extremely cut and dumbed down version of the title on gamecube, which was not Toki No Ocarina URA 64DD is just an insult to people who bought Randnet DD subscriptions, and the 64DD accessory for the nintendo 64.

It's even more of an insult to the Zelda fan's intelligence to tell them this was Ura Zelda, as anyone in the know, or had followed the development of the disk based title knows this just is not the case. The real 64DD title should have been released on it's native system the 64DD, hooking up with the original cartridge, and giving the Zelda fan's the full experience. It then should have been left at that, and not been released as some rehashed gamecube bonus disk which is just a shadow of the real title.

It's highly unlikely the game will ever be leaked. Nintendo's in house titles have rarely been leaked before, and Zelda title imho would never be allowed to be leaked. Starfox 2 was one of the only high profile leaks to ever come out of nintendo and even then, it was not the final version of the game. It was near enough, but still wasn't final. After that leak, Nintendo also tightened their security measures for archived games, and any employee who may e in possession of Ura Zelda will be known about, and it's more than their job, and life is worth to leak the title, as the legal repurcussions would be massive.

It's just a shame that 64DD nut's like myself, and Zelda fan's alike will never get to see the title in it's full glory.

15. kammedo

Hm. Could it had been just a plain commercial move? Btw, could you gather information on whom provided Nintendo the disks for the 64dd (in case it was not Nintendo itself obviously)?

16. Nintendomad

Yes 64DD disks were all made at Nintedno themselves, well what used to be R an D 1 and is now called Intelligent Systems and the Nintendo assembly lines. Apparently, IS made both the blue disks and master disks, and at the factory where the machines were produced, there was a special machine for putting the master disk into, and then the retail disks were then made, similar to the cart line, except much smaller. But apparently, they only manafactured so many actual grey 64DD disks at the factory, and nintendo thought it not viable to make any more.

At one point, you could order more blue disks and development hardware from Intelligent systems as needed, as Randnet and others at Hal and Nintendo were using more than five blank disks, it's just the basic kit only came with five disks.

17. kammedo

Wow. Intresting. Do you think there will be a chance to get our hands on one of those mastering machines?

18. yatsuyo

yatsuyo Member

Update to an old thread, but the rumor of an ECTS cart of Conker existing actually sources from the guy who owned (or once owned?) the N64 Toon Panic prototype which is now dumped. I am not sure if even he knew the name of the guy who allegedly owned that Conker cart, but he claimed that this guy was involved in the VB community, or something along those lines.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  19. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

I've heard already that the cart was sold off to a collector, or something like that. If anyone can track down the original owner and somehow get info on who it was sold to that could help, though I doubt either way we'd be getting anything out of it.

20. Flyinghigh

Flyinghigh Peppy Member

This Conker was not 12Tales, it was normal Conkers BDF, just ECTS Version