Community Release: Sonic Xtreme

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by ASSEMbler, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

That's a shame. It would've been nicer to hold back that scepticism in a thread that was clearly designated to generate PMs of interest. Hardly your fault though.
    Excellent site. You list a game I wasn't aware of Jurrassic Boy 2, it looks interesting...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  2. liquitt

liquitt Site Soldier

well, you may be right, maybe wrong, who knows, but fact is that i overreacted, sorry about that

3. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

WOw. So much has happened in the past 10 hours I've been asleep. Sucks that I won't get to play this gem.

Before you close this thread, I suggest that from now on, when it comes to high profile games such as this, then just create a special forum where only certain members can view the thread, whether it be via number of posts or contributions. Have it where you can control how this information spreads so that it gets to the right people who know how to handle these types of situations and not let it get all fucked up like this did.

Like if you are looking for a buyer, since most of us probably can't afford such games, then some members can get a hold of on and not cause any commotion while they're doing it. And it all stays calm and clean, no flame wars, no bickering, nothing.

I'm not bitching and moaning now like some secret sonic fans are right now since the seller backed off because of what has happened. If the game was released to the community then that is wonderful, if not, then oh well, there will always be a next time; it's not the end of the world!

THink about this though.... this site would not be able to handle Saturn Shenmue if it is done the way Sonic Xtreme was just handled...

4. Borisz

Borisz Guest

I'd like to ask one thing, regardless of the outcome of this topic.
    How was this a "near complete version" when about half dozen former devs already said that the game was never that far in developement?

Also, did the seller honestly think that it would be possible to not cause a public uproar with this? News of an existing prototype of such a big title go around the internet easily if you put it up for sale. Dump it in bincue and upload it to a guy you know you can trust and can share it to others and presto its released without everyone jumping on you. You stay anonymous, people get the goods, the site is not flooded with all the 14 year old idiots you keep mentioning, and so on.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2006
  5. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

Sorry if I didn't elaborate properly there, what I meant was like a forum topic setting (kinda like a sticky, news, locked, etc..) that restricted who're allowed to post inside that very topic somehow.

First of all, just stop putting yourself up on a pidestal as if you're some sort of supreme being or something, atleast as long as you go on with the "would you blindly give 60 bucks to random stranger" thing.

I've probably said it hundreds of times, but you probably ignore it for reasons unknown to man, so I shall give it a 3rd (?) attempt now:

This topic did was never a "give me your money" thing.
    It was a simple question if people would be willing to pay a certain amount of money, for something that obviously is VERY WELL known to you.

Would you pay $60 if this game became available?
    YES or NO.

Simple as that, and in this case, if enough people would've read and understood this very simple question and said yes, chances are that you'd have the chance to pay and get your hands on the game.

How hard is that to understand?

Most likely, yes, atleast if the forum had a community the size of this and doing quick searches on the community and key people involved gives rather positive results/impressions.

6. _skitzo_

_skitzo_ Guest

Ok, so it appears people are wishing upon a star here...

If this is real, Im posting $3,000 USD for this, i have had diffrent offer for another version which I feel I shoud buy, but I want to see how serious this seller is...

7. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

As far as I understand Assembler comments above, he apparently was in contact with somebody in Japan and considering the history of SEGA I wouldn't be surprised if Sega of Japan and Sega of America were running 2 separate projects for the same title at the same time. We only heard about the US people involved in its development. Japan is far more secretive about their projects, so maybe it's a piece of history we don't know about. And bear in mind that SOJ was pretty pissed off when SOA tried to use the Nights engine for Sonic Xtreme. So communication between these 2 entities might not have been the best.

Correct me, Assembler if I'm wrong, that is just my assumptions.

Sabre

8. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

As far as I know, Sonic X-treme was strictly an american project right from the get-go.

9. _skitzo_

_skitzo_ Guest

I could careless about what people are going back and forth on...I would like the seller to read my offer...if this is real $3,000 usd...I will wait for a responce

10. How damn mature. Edit my post. ...Wow, that's a new low.

You can't counter me, so you outright *change what I said*. No, not even a modded post, which would be biased enough considering the flames from others, but an *editted* post.

Jesus christ, how can anyone defend immature, childish actions such as just fucking with someones post rather than counter their points intelligently?

11. sabre470

That's my understanding too, but you never know with SEGA, Saturn Shenmue anyone? Or this could be a pre-sonic adventure title renamed Sonic Xtreme.

???

Sabre

12. sabre470

The answer you are looking for is "We don't care" or "waft :shrug:"

Sabre

13. I'll get back to you on that, as those are good, intelligent, mature points and I'm glad to finally get an adult in here, rather than the children I've been dealing with.

But it'll have to wait, as I'm posting from school and I have to get to class now. I'm just posting this so you know I'm not just ignoring you.

14. A "talk to the hand" approach, eh?

Nice.

15. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

I have to say I'm really curious about what this is.
    Even though Sonic Xtreme is far from the "most wanted" on my list, it's still an interesting piece of history and certainly something that've opened lots of weird questions in my mind that I'd really like to see answered through setting my teeths into a sample of this title.

@Nack

Drop it already, atleast if you're going into the field of immatureness, intelligence and such, as it's almost as if you wont admit to misunderstanding the entire topic.

16. Szczepaniak

Szczepaniak Robust Member

Oh good lord, I feared this would happen.

I think a private forum, for established members, would be a good idea for such things. While I love the open policy nature of this forum, it does allow for random people to turn up and cause trouble. A private section should in theory ensure that people are at least aware of some expected etiquette.

17. FaZyCrUcK

FaZyCrUcK Spirited Member

Lets keep the interesting posts, lol

Why so many new kids biccering?

18. _skitzo_

_skitzo_ Guest

This is very nice how people are talking about Sonic X, it really is..mind doing your bullshit flamewar somewhere else? I would like to bring Sonic X to Assembler... with that being said.. once again..I wish for the seller not to miss my post due to you clowns crying over whatever ever it is you may be...

$3,000 for Sonic X the seller of this appreantly new version

19. sabre470

Kind of ... yeah!!!

Look mate, I think it's got dirty enough for today, excitment turned into frustration and verbal violence, flaming.

I don't think we can get the whole planet to agree together. So let's stop this.

Maybe there are other topics we can discuss and get to know you better.

How's that for a start?

Sabre

20. A. Snow

A. Snow Old School Member

This thread is FUBAR. I suggest we lock it and all move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.