Community Release: Sonic Xtreme

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by ASSEMbler, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rika_chou

rika_chou <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

If I PM you, is that a comintment to send $60?

2. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

So just to get this straight, the fact that people aren't throwing themselves at your heels and pledging $60 sight unseen for something that, as far as research has shown, doesn't exist, means that they're "failing spectacularly?"

Based on your description, for all I know this is something a 16-year-old made in VB.

But...I know and trust you, so PM is coming!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  3. Sally

Sally Guest

Eh, what do you know about sonic Xtreme? :110:

4. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Kevin asked me to clarify here so:

This topic only serves as a way to see if there is any interest in a community dump. He will not reveal any more information about the build until enough interest is shown to satisfy him.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  5. Sally

Sally Guest

Might want to pop this on the main page if you're looking for a massive response...

EDIT: Damn, only 17 people at $60 each? That's only $1020 for a "prototype" sight unseen... that's almost half of what the last guy got for a Sonic Xtreme proto, and this time, there isn't so much as a platform listed, let alone a screenshot... What kind of response is the "seller" looking for? So far, the response seems more than reasonable...

I'm not in a bad mood today, i swear...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2006
  6. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I don't want a mass of people from news sites, I want people who know what the deal is with something like this.

7. KaL_YoshiKa

KaL_YoshiKa Commandent Lurker

I'm not sending a PM yet, I don't really have the cash to just throw money around, it's not a trust issue though. For example, I personally don't own a Saturn so even though speculation says otherwise I have to wait until a little more information is released.

I also suspect that many people are holding out for more details like me.

8. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

At this point given the response I will entertain offers from individuals as the community thing doesn't seem to be working at all.

9. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

You can get a Saturn afterwords or by the time this actually completes. Its not like they are Katanas you know. Anyone with a job whos a member here should be jumping on this. Where has the passion gone for unreleased games?

10. rika_chou

Perhaps it would work better, and get a better response, if there were more details about it?

Meh. I know I shouldn't bother.

11. Sally

Sally Guest

$1200 bucks in 12 hours isn't too bad a response... It might take people some time to evaluate their finances. i'd give it a few days before you give up. Unless the seller demands the money by tomorrow or something?

12. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

I think its more the fact that support has tappered off since then. The first 17 was raised fairly quickly. Since then its been null. Its sad to see it come to this but hopefully someone from here can scoop it up.

13. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

Thanks for screwing it up guys. $60 was reasonable until now. I just found out about this thread and its already 3 pages long. I'm sure this will show up on slashdot in the next few days. oh boy, here we go again.

back on topic.

Assembler, please bear with us and ignore those who just joined just so they can get a copy of this and are pestering you with questions trying to get a deal.

How many people do you need to chip-in in order to do a community release?

And for those wondering what "version" this might be, well it could be 2 out of 3 versions as far as I know. That's all i'm gonna say.

Other than that, IM me at mdhtter256, just log under a different name. There are many things I need to talk to you about.

I'm gonna send you a PM to show you that I am interested in chipping in for the release!

14. KaL_YoshiKa

Yeah, I'm of the mind that the reason the other previous demo had so much interest was the fact that there was photos of it, which spurred a kind of primal desire in the community. It made it more real I think, I'm not saying you should but at least give the community some time to realise what they'll be missing before just selling this away to a hoarder.

15. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

All this is just proving that releasing 1.5 is futile. If the Sonic fans cant muster up then how on earth can the RE ones?

16. KaL_YoshiKa

Don't give up hope so quickly :p.

17. rika_chou

Well, to be perfecally fair, news of this really hasn't gotten to many Sonic fans.

18. madhatter256

Thank you for thinking of me.... I will think before I post ;).

19. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

Disclaimer: No offense to the Sonic community, because most of you (at least the ones we get over here) are really nice guys...

But remember what happened last time the wrong Sonic fan got involved?

20. madhatter256

Please lets not dig up old wounds....[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.