Community Dump: Deuce (UNRELEASED) for Playstation

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by LeGIt, Jun 18, 2005.

?

Should I dump Deuce?

1. Yes you idiot! Here is my $$$!

29 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Yes, but I'm a deadbeat, I'd rather freeload like a whore via P2P.

43 vote(s)
    50.6%
  3. No, you're an asshole if you do.

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. No, let the unreleased stay unreleased.

9 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Well guys I'm tempted to dump Deuce in exchange for 'donations'. I originally had no intention to dump any of my collection, but Deuce wasn't too expensive ($200) and it's on Playstation which I don't care for too much, so it's a bit of a black sheep in my collection, though the game itself is not too bad :) Don't hold your breath for my non-black sheep stuff though - Dreamcast and xbox stuff I'll be clinging on to unless tempted otherwise :p

For info on the game check here: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/deuce/

I'm only asking $100 in donations for the release, it's half of what I paid for the original media so it's not really an attempt to get the original for free etc etc etc blah blah blah.

Anyhow, once the $100 is met, I will release the link for download for a few days only. It's the only way I can imagine getting ti to the people who donated yet minimise the chances of assholes selling it on eBay / it ending up seeded on every P2P network known to man.

If the game ends up on any bittorrent sites and whored out all over the net, I will not dump any other unreleased 'black sheep' so it's in everyones best interest if they would like the chance to play other unreleased titles to minimise the 'whoring out' and keep the dumps within ASSEMbler.

There are still a few kinks need ironing out yet before any release is made - so far only the original media works in real hardware - burned copies so far have been coasters and the image has only worked in an emulator, but atleast it's better than nothing.

I'm now taking PayPal donations to:

Current pool: $100/$100

Current contributors: (If I forgot you, slap me!)

Borman
    the_steadster
    Fabrizo
    Benedict Arnold
    TheRedEye
    sabre470
    gaming247
    idc
    mairsil
    haliway
    Fire-WSP

The download link will be provided via PM to donors only - a public torrent link will follow in a few weeks time after the generous chaps get their chance to play it 1st. If a torrent etc appears before a public release, don't expect any more unreleased game dumps from me any time soon.

The game will be supplied in .NRG format.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. the_steadster

the_steadster Site Soldier

Have you got a paypal address for donations?

3. LeGIt

Yeah :) But I was going to see how the poll went before posting it :)

4. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

And here I just bought a PlayStation :p I voted for the first option but then again I don't really care about PlayStation either.

Yakumo

5. the_steadster

Ahh, Didn't notice the poll ;)

6. GigaDrive

GigaDrive Enthusiastic Member

never heard of Deuce before this thread - it looks pretty nice for a PS1 game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LeGIt

hehe the 1st pic is from "Heart Castle" and the 2nd pic is from "Heart Lands". There is also a "Poker Forest" area :) My version (21st July '00) was made only weeks after the E3 2000 demo :D

I'm still surprised at the number of people who voted for it for free though, it's enough to put me off not even bothering with a release :( The moolah isn't so much as a ransom for the release but more like assistance with the original purchase cost, of which I still foot half the bill. The forum has over 1000 members - that's like $0.10 each, or 100 people @ $1, hardly going to break the bank :p

8. wombat

wombat SEGA!

at this moment I'm rather skinned so I can't donate.. however I am willing and It wont take that long to donate about $10.. then only 9 others are needed.

9. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Im not sure. Dont personaly wish to get into this paying people to release things and let them keep the media stuff...

I guess it might make some other people release games but yeah....

10. Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01 Officer at Arms

same here, if you are going to release something just do it, just hope fansubs dont start to ask for money too :smt022

11. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Legit: i am not voting, since i want to be neutral in this matter.

12. LeGIt

Not like I'm a millionaire though - I gotta make some of my money back, I can't afford to spend spend spend $£$Thousands just to give away stuff!! Maybe one day when I'm loaded I will, but when there are bills to pay and earning minimum wage, it's nice to get half my cash back and everyone wins.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  13. XerdoPwerko

XerdoPwerko Galaxy Angel Fanatic Extreme - Mediocre collector.

"You must do what you feel is right"

Obi Wan Kenobi, Episode IV.

But good luck doing whatever you think is right, mate.
    Nice of you to consider dumping it.
    Thanks.

14. Rabid Peanut-Butter

Rabid Peanut-Butter <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I'd gladly donate... but am in an extreme shortage of funds for the next month. I hope this goes well for you. Once I get some cash I can hopefullty donate some.

15. I'm torn. I'd donate, but I would really like the real version. I would have even paid $250 plus s/h for it. Is this made by Midway games? I know someone who works at Midway....I wonder if he could get another one. (or are there any other Midway unreleased games I should ask for?)

16. LeGIt

Yup it's by Midway games :)

A bootable version which is not on the original media has now been tested working on a modded PS2 - now it's just a matter of slipping in markers here and there to get it indentifiable if/when it eventually does appear on P2P networks and the guilty culrpit for taking it out of the community identified :p

The "don't dump" is currently winning the poll with 10:9 so far though (freeloader yes also counts as a no - can't expect to get everything for nothing :p) hehe so maybe a dump still won't happen - I guess by tomorrow evening after more people have voted it shall be decided.

17. the_steadster

I think you'd easily get $100 for it. Perhaps a release for those who paid first e.g. you send them a private link) and then one for those who haven't donated a few weeks later. Then those who donated could play first, as they probably should be allowed to, and those who didn't pay can still play, just later.

EDIT: I'd also donate, and i don't even have a way to play it other than an emulator...

18. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Ill donate, I like how the_steadster suggested it

19. LeGIt

Updated with PayPal address for moolah :) Once $100 is hit, the PM's go out with download links to donors. A couple of weeks later I'll update the thread with a public link. If anyone still wants to donate after the $100 barrier has been broken don't let me stop you :)

20. If I donate, you won't release it to the non-donaters right?

EDITED-I just noticed that you will release it to non-donators after a few weeks.

Question, if you have 10 people wanting to donate, would you tell us to donate $10 each then? And then ONLY release it to us?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012