US Collingall's 3D printed parts and printing service.

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by Collingall, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Collingall

Collingall Spirited Member

I haven't looked into making a custom connector for a pico PSU, but I might look into it if people are interested .
    My fan adapter is configured for 5v fans, but if you want a flying lead to use a 12v fan I can attach it and you would just need to solder to a 12v connection point.
    I can do custom colors and I even have orange material in stock that I could run a mock up in to see how it looks. Blue wouldn't be hard for me to get ahold of.

The models are avalible the latch takes my printer about 40 mins to print and the original fan adapter took an hour to print so total would be $10 before shipping.

2. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

Hi Collingall, I was searching all over the internet and I've seen and heard impressing things about you and the things you "print". I am not so good in designing whatsoever. I have come up with an idea for the gamecube, where I try to make a clean build with a wasp fusion installed and a clean lid for the sd card. I dunno if it's possible, but I really really want this. I was actually wondering if u were able to make such a thing. I'll post some pics of what in a good order. I'll start off with,

1) This is how most mods look like on the internet inside the cube:

Attached Files:

3. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

2) This is what I've seen (for the lid)

3) This is the space for inside the gamecube, with some nice holes in it, I can use the same holes (+2 extra ones because the plastic of the dvd-drive fitting isn't there anymore too, but these holes are a bit bigger)

Attached Files:

4. Collingall

I can easily make an insert that can mount the sd card reader and probably the wasp board, I don't have those boards to measure though so if you could provide measurements I can take a look at fitting everything inside. We can work out prototyping costs, but I'm fairly flexible just as an FYI I have a few other projects in the works so it may be something that takes a while to go from idea to useful object.

If you check out the thread Citris3000psi did. He made a mod that allows you to keep the disk drive in the system and use a micro SD that protrudes through the front of the system. It also uses minimal wires and looks extremely clean.

5. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

4) This is my extremely poor drawing skills trying to explain what I mean. It's probably alot more simple to make then I try to show here but basically, when u look at the pictures (from base to final product), u'll see that the orange pillars hold the lid. The green pillar is mean't for the sd card, right next to the hole so you can fit the sd card just like I showed in previous post (but mine's not angled). The wasp fusion is fitted under a lid, so it's nice and snug. I really really really really really hope you can do something here for me, because I am planning on modding around 10 cubes with wasps (5 are mine) and some are for friends.

Thank you for reading and I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Attached Files:

6. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

I'm sorry, I was actually uploading the files as u already replied. That's extremely fast. I'll take a look at his thread right now.

7. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

Ow man, that mod looks amazing, I think u are referring to this thread right https://assemblergames.com/threads/...-fusion-and-hdmi-progress-thread.63129/page-6

but (I feel such a noob for saying/asking this but I'll do it anyways) I don't see a wasp here, but I assume it fits the socket? Does this mod need a megadrive or anything else, and what about the lid switch? These parts don't look familiar to me but if this works then why not!.

8. Collingall

That's the thread, go to the first post and check out the spoiler for the wk/wasp, he has detailed photographs of the install process and you will see a wasp mounted to the board.

I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I think it can be done a little simpler, I just need to open up one of my cubes and take some measurements.
    I would likely you basically want a place to mount the wasp board and mount the sd card slot. Then you want to cover the drive hole and have the sd card protrude through an opening in the top.

My suggestion is an insert for the top that has your sd opening in it. The insert can fit snugly and possibly mount to some existing mounting posts in the top shell.
    Then make a base that mounts to the cube hardware that the wasp board can mount to, which also mounts the sd card portion in the correct spot to line up with the top shell. Should only be 2 pieces and run around $30 to actually print a set.

9. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

1) Precisely, what u say is even better (if there is a spot in the top shell). That's sooo much easier then what I tried. Now that I think of that, I feel kinda stupid lol, I should've known better. There is just 1 problem I can think of, how does one mount the sd-card portion in the correct spot without screws? Or are u referring to the white shell of the wasp (that encapsulates the sd).

2) Now that I see this, I am actually starting to doubt :eek:, I'll give it a little rest and think about what I really want. And ur pricing is also awesome (even though it's an estimate), it's much less then I predicted. Thank you collingall for thinking with me, I really appreciate ur help.

3) One more thing though, sometimes I struggle (as my English lets me down sometimes) to understand the amount of information in the modding threads, which makes me think I am missing out on things. Basically, if I order those boards off OSH Park, I can mod/solder them right away or do I have to assemble these boards also? The nice thing about the mod u were referring to, is that it's all done on the lower part of the gamecube. That means, if I ever need to replace the dvd-drive (for whatever reason lol), I can just plug and play that essentially without re-touching the mod.

10. Collingall

OSH park is a PCB manufacturer, you would still need to order the components and build those boards. Having a fab build those boards would be expensive in such a small order.

That mod is the way I plan to go if I ever get around to picking up a wasp.

11. Newschool2k17

Newschool2k17 Member

Thanks for clearing that up. Btw, there is a forum where someone is selling a wasp fusion for 60$ each and he still has 3 left. I, so far only have managed to get 3 from somewhere else (out of the 10 I need to fullfill everyone's needs). I think it was swiss_kidid who's selling em (the maker of Swiss-firmware I believe) on the gc-forever forum. I assume u live in the States, I'd love to sell you one, but buying it from him is probably better than buying it from me (since I come from Europe, hence the shipping costs will be a bit higher I guess).

EDIT: He lives in Austraulia and the price is 60 AUD, so australian dollar + 25 AUD for tracked Shipping. Just saw it on the forum.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  12. nonosto

nonosto Enthusiastic Member

Hello Collingall
    Do you make same thing:

[​IMG]

But for Sega Saturn I wiil make a pico PSU for my Rhea with Saturn. THX
    [​IMG]

13. Collingall

Unfortunately I don't have a Saturn to make a mount like that for. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a parts/repair unit on eBay. I also have read that there are many revisions so I'm not sure if the power supply mounts in the same way across all revisions or if it was changed so that might be an issue for the mod.

14. nonosto

nonosto Enthusiastic Member