[Code Source] Mr Nutz 2 MD

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Clad-, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

Hi

I have been able to get the sources codes of the game Mr Nutz 2 for Sega Megadrive but i cannot compule thoses sources. [​IMG]

Because to create the Rom it's quite Hard!!

1 file is missing and i can't find it in the archive to make the whole ROM, file SEGA.OBJ must be transformed into SEGA.RAW and inluded in this file.

The assembly is quite difficulte and take place about the cli of 1200 or 4000, and necessite a good knowledge of the amiga.

However, with the source code of Mr Nutz 2 there is also the whole code of TURRICAN III for Amiga. All the graphics, the ASM 68000 code is commented in German and are inside the archive.

Mr Nutz 2 is the Megadrive Version of Mister Nutz for Amiga but better. More colors, and more levels.

So i need an Amiga to assembly the rom with Scripts and the CLI.

Here it is, if someone wants to try [​IMG]

Mirror 1
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E54BOQUN

Mirror 2
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E54BOQUN

Mirror 3
    http://rapidshare.com/files/195434721/Turrican_III___Mr_Nutz_2_Source_code.zip.html

Mirror 4
    http://rapidshare.com/files/195434693/Turrican_III___Mr_Nutz_2_Source_code.zip.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
    skavenger216 likes this.
  2. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

3. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

no idea. I do not know.

4. Evangelion

Evangelion Spirited Member

How to code on ST or Amiga without Devpac ? :)

5. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Thanks very much! I'll give this a look.

6. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Always great to see releases of this kind of stuff! Thanks.

7. Ed the Nerd

Ed the Nerd <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

I dont know why, but its always fun looking for errors in the developer's code!
    (and altering it to my advantage, Heheh)

8. WaSTeD

WaSTeD Active Member

The links exceeded the bandwidth. Any mirror please? :crying:

9. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  10. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

Mr Nutz 2 links are also dead to me. Any other way to get the game/source?

This interests me a lot. It's actually a port of Amiga "Mr Nutz: Hoppin' Mad" and that game is way better than the well-known SNES "Mr Nutz", the one that did got a release on Mega Drive.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  11. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

link added on the first page

12. Cauterize

Cauterize Rising Member

Oh my god. This has made my day. Thank you so much!
    Just recently I had been discussing to someone how awful the SNES/MD Mr Nutz is. They werent aware there was an Amiga version.

I cant try/test the files now, but the screenshots in the emulator look so promising! Mr Nutz is one of my all time favourite games!

I have very little knowledge on the technical side of things, so please educate me... If it runs in an emulator (as shown above) why does it need to be compiled into a ROM?

13. TmEE

TmEE Peppy Member

14. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

The screenshot posted with Mr. Nutz on emulator Gens comes from the developer of the game!!!

A French member of a forum contacted one of the developer of game by email.

in their answer it provided us these screenshop.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  15. Clad-

Clad- Active Member

If have asked him the rom but he did not want to give it to us

16. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

I guess the source code hasn't come from him, then? Seems pretty illogic to free this game source code and then not accepting to release an actual compiled rom at all.

And how come Amiga Turrican 3 and MD Mr Nutz 2 relate each other? Did Factor 5 tasked Neon to do the MD-to-Amiga porting, instead of developing it themselves?

17. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

Ah, so they relate each other indeed. I know about the original Amiga Turrican 3 plans, I actually meant the final Amiga Turrican 3 which is indeed a port of MD Mega Turrican.

Mega Turrican was completed in 1993, even if it had to wait for a release in 1994 because of publishing issues. The Amiga Turrican 3 port was in fact published in 1993 by Rainbow Arts. Since Mr Nutz Hoppin' Mad is a 1994 game (and was going to be released in 1995 for the Mega Drive), isn't it the other way around? Mr Nutz Hoppin' Mad used the game engine from the earlier Mega Turrican/Turrican 3.

So that means the Amiga Turrican 3 port is technically a Neon development? Or was it done by Peter Thierolf while still in Factor 5?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  18. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

That's not what Factor 5 states:

http://www.factor5.com/secrets_mega_turrican.shtml

Mega Turrican has a convoluted background, emphasized by the fact that we finished the game in spring 1993, shortly after Super Turrican, but it did not see a release until 1994. Mega Turrican started out in the fall of 1991 as Turrican III on the Amiga computer, but nothing more than a working prototype of the new "plasma rope" feature and some graphics of the first world were completed before the project was moved to the Genesis/Mega Drive. Thanks to the hardware efforts of a good friend of ours working at the German Secret Service, we built our own development kits and software environments for the Super NES and the Genesis/Mega Drive which became fully operational in early 1992. Subsequently the Factor 5 company focus shifted towards console game development with Mega Turrican spearheading the effort on the Sega front. Our last encounter with the Amiga eventually became Turrican 3, which was a port of Mega Turrican that ironically came out before the original.

Mega Turrican was finished in spring 1993, and was then subsequently ported to the Amiga as Turrican 3, managing to get a release in 1993 (notice the 1993 copyright in the game) because Factor 5 still had Rainbow Arts as the supporting publisher in the Amiga front.

Mega Turrican, on the other hand, was intended to be published for the Mega Drive by Konami, but the Japanese giant resigned from this intention (strange since Konami was a strong supporter of the Mega Drive back then, and even published the also foreign Zombies Ate My Neighbors by Lucasarts) and left the game without a publisher, until Data East signed for release in 1994.

That's why the original Mega Drive game actually came after the later Amiga port.

I believe this Mr Nutz retooling of Timet came out because of the Ocean publishing deal. Ocean already had the console Mr Nutz being developed within their internal studios, which came out in 1993 for the SNES (then subsequently ported to other systems). Guess they came out to the conclusion that the Timet game would be more popular if reusing their brand new mascot-wise-character for this specific Amiga game, which finally came out in 1994.

However, Wikipedia states that the Timet game was actually originated from an earlier company named Kaiko, which was eventually sold. Who was the one that did this particular purchase then, Neon or Ocean?

That makes sense. This is something Factor 5 never clarifies when concerning the nature of this Amiga port. Pretty logical also since Factor 5 had already left the Amiga development and shifted towards console game development at the point both Mega Turrican and Super Turrican were created.

Shame. Guess we have no chance to get the game this way then, and as long as the full ROM within developer hands isn't coming out to public domain.

19. Cauterize

Cauterize Rising Member

:banghead:

Did he give any reason as to why he wont release it?

20. ccovell

ccovell Resolute Member

Thanks for posting the sourcecode! The IFF files are fun to browse through -- on an Amiga is better, because there are a few animations in there as well. The TFMX music is also playable on the Amiga or Windows/Deliplayer if you remove the ".o" extension from the .mdat files.

There's also a couple of different revisions of the music!
    ...And how about those images of Mario and Sonic encased in Carbonite on the 1st level? :)