Cheapest/Fastest way to play/emulate 5 Player Super Bomberman 4

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by StriderVM, Apr 12, 2018.

1. StriderVM

StriderVM Robust Member

My apologies for the word salad. But that's the crux of my problem.

When I was much younger, my classmates / friends have always played Super Bomberman 3/4/5 on original hardware using a multitap. I want to do it again, cheaply if possible.

However, I'm not sure if current emulation setups could do this easily.

- A netbook with 5 USB controllers is doable, but I'd prefer a more elegant / dedicated solution.
    - Orange Pi / Raspberry using emulation is possible, but can it support 5 controllers?
    - Modding a Super NES Mini is possible, but I think there's no way to plug 5 controllers on that thing.
    - A CFW PS3 with an SNES emulator, does the current SNES emulator support 5 controllers synced to the PS3? Will it even run full speed?

2. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I'm assuming you don't have a SNES or anything? Cause honestly that would be the easiest, just plug and play, no configuring bullshit, and the stuff you need isn't really a ton of money. Otherwise I'd say a computer with 5 usb controllers is your next easiest solution. I don't know much about the Pi emulators, but the other two options are going to give you hassles if it is even possible.

3. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Intrepid Member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018 at 1:00 AM
  4. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

What everyone else already said. If you already have the Super Nintendo and game, just get the multi tap.

5. StriderVM

StriderVM Robust Member

To be frank, the real hardware is a no go since we are using my friend's SNES controllers, and they don't have those anymore.....

Well, yeah, if it's gonna be 5 PS3 / USB controllers on a Netbook is the easiest way to go. That will be it. =P

6. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

What do you mean? Your friend doesn't have the controllers anymore? It isn't hard to find SNES controllers.

7. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Original xbox does 4 player no problem. I dont know if a usb hub with an adapter would allow more or not.

But if you are having the buy the whole setup, it's probably the cheapest. If you already have some stuff, it's best you mention it and we can recommend on what you have available already.