CDi - Heart of Darkness

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ItsMeMario, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

So I stumbled across this link, because I found a press kitt DEMO CD cover of Heart of Darkness, but the CD is missing......

It says it was in development for 4 years on the cd-i.

So if there are even rumors about protos of GBA and Saturn version...maybe there is a prototype of Heart of Darkness cd-i out there as well ? Does anyone have some more informations about it ?

http://cdii.blogspot.de/2007/06/cd-imagine-7-heart-of-darkness.html

finsterhund and Keiji Dragon like this.
  2. LD

LD Peppy Member

Just posted what (little) info i know of it in another thread, ie it was being funded by (Phillips, to be published by Vigin, i think, along with Lost Eden and Creature Shock,as a CDi game), but funding cut as it was taking so long, rights then put up for auction, game switched platforms etc.

3. finsterhund

finsterhund Active Member

Oh man what a shame the CD was missing. I'm really curious about this now as it's the second time I've seen a CDi version mentioned. If it's no trouble I'd appreciate if you could possibly scan this cover/slipcase thing as it is something that really interests me. Like was it released as a promotional thing or is it straight from Amazing Studio/Virgin themselves?

4. LD

LD Peppy Member

It's currently all speculation on the CDi version with un-named tester and un-named spokesman from Virgin being quoted, which makes it a bloody nightmare to look properly into.

I do have questions regarding the CDi version sat with a tester on the versions that did appear, but until i get any info back (and i'm very doubtful he'll know anything), i'm not holding out much hope.

I intend to keep looking, but so far have found nothing to confirm claims.

5. LD

LD Peppy Member

I have found and emailed the games UK Producer at the time, but..wether he replies/wants to talk about the game is something else again...

Fingers crossed eh?.

6. ItsMeMario

ItsMeMario Gutsy Member

Nice !

Just read it in your "heart of Darkness - GBA" thread. Fingers crossed indeed !

7. LD

LD Peppy Member

These always take time, just had response from a key player at 3DO back in, should be up soon, got another still in proof reading stage and a 3rd confirmed for hopeful delivery in 2-3 weeks time.

People i contact are very busy with projects/deadlines etc.

I work mixed shifts so time a luxury sometimes, plus had no net last few days, but rest assued the Q's are out there :)