(CBT) HDLoader game installer

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by sp193, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

This appears to have helped a lot. I did however run into some "Games not installed properly" prompts after the progress bar reached the end. However the games does appear to boot just fine. I just can't rename them in HDLGameinstaller. Is this a problem?

2. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Oh, so it still exists as a problem? :/
    Then it's another one of those issues that I could not replicate. Does it happen to all games you install or only a few? If it is only a few, which games are they?

Since the installer somehow could not open the game to write the title information, it is a problem because no game loader will accept them as valid games.

EDIT: So they work? Then maybe the data left to be written are those icons and title information. Since those files are missing, the installation will appear in the browser as corrupted data. Even if you might not care about that, I would still like to know why it happens because it should not.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

I can give it another shot later as I can't remember precisely the games that had issues. But Metal Slug 5 (US) for sure. It does boot fine though.

4. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Unfortunately, I cannot replicate this. The game (SLUS-20990) installs fine, with no issues.

5. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

HDLGameInstaller v0.820 released!

Changelog for v0.820 (as of 2018/11/25)
    • PS2SDK update: fixed timeouts causing an overflow of the SetAlarm tick parameter.
    • Reordered code for disconnecting clients, to prevent the possibility of disconnecting a new client that reuses the same client slot.
    • (NEW 2018/11/25): Fixed the problem with semaphores not being freed when the client disconnects.
    • (NEW 2018/11/25): Fixed the problem with PlayStation discs being accepted as valid discs.
    • (NEW 2018/11/25): Fixed the problem with the error message for unsupported discs not getting displayed.
    • (NEW 2018/11/28): Fixed incorrect logic for handling disc types.
    Changelog for the PC client
    • Attempted to fix the problem with compatibility settings not binding at installation time.
    • Added timeout for the data connection, to prevent the software from getting stuck if the connection gets blocked.
    Downloads/Links
    HDLGameInstaller project page (downloads at bottom): http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/HDLGameInstaller.htm

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    AlGollan84, Jolek and svotib like this.
  6. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

HDLGameInstaller v0.821 released!

Changelog for v0.821 (as of 2018/12/09):
    • Disabled pad input when a PC client is connected, to improve performance.
    • Network status will be displayed when a PC client is connected, every 10s.
    • NEW 2018/12/09 - Fixed the problem with the soft keyboard not waiting for the circle/cross button to be released before considering the user's intended input.

Changelog for the PC client
    • Increased data connection timeout to 80s, to allow the server's connection attempts to be exhausted before the PC client indicates an error.
    • Added a prompt to delete the game if it was already installed, when the user adds a game to install.

Downloads/Links
    HDLGameInstaller project page (downloads at bottom): http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/HDLGameInstaller.htm
    psx-place resource thread: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/hdlgameinstaller.20787

I think this may allow us to get closer to the maximum possible speed of 8.6MB/s. Usually, I get 5.7MB/s due to the network here, but I could reach speeds like 6.9MB/s with this.

I got this idea of disabling pad input from what Jimmikaelkael once commented in the OPL HDLDump server: performance of the server in OPL seemed worse than when it is a standalone product. Since HDLGameInstaller does not actually do much with the pad when the PC is connected, this was not too difficult to do.
    @wisi first noted that the performance of the SIF was being worsened by the SIF completing its transfer before the IOP can do anything else. And it did get better once before, when I grouped incoming frames together.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Vedita BR, svotib, AlGollan84 and 3 others like this.
  7. Jolek

Jolek Spirited Member