Cant save with MD ever-drive.

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by rush6432, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Barone

Barone Active Member

I did not ask you about your plans, really. Just was asking about a new OS release and I consider "near future" a very vague expression, so "within a year" could still be "near future" depends on who reads it.

I think that you overacted and I can't understand why... I was polite in my post and expected the same from you.
    Also, I've ALWAYS recommend your device AND said very positive words about your support service. Just check at Sega-16.com. I even started a bad fight with a guy that was blaming on you 'cause he had a DOA case with his Everdrive MD.

I admire your work and think that Everdrive MD is a wonderful device. Really, I have nothing against you and was just making a very simple and reasonable question.

Exactly.

Did you ever try to finish this game without saves? It's an RPG, you should think a little more before start talking about something that you don't know...
    A RPG game with a broken save function is like a racing game with directional pad not working...

"Supported" is a very vague concept. For me, it should mean that I I'm able to play the game using all its functions.

Also, this thread was not created by me and it's for games whose save function does not work, which is exactly my case.
    Any problem with that?

I don't know about the other people and I can't speak for them, but I was just asking about something that you said you'd look. It was more than 1 month ago (I'm not complaining, just explaining my point), so I think that would be "acceptable" to ask for news, right?

Thanks...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  2. goldenegg

goldenegg Active Member

No problem. It was the line "don't ask me about my plans" that came across as really harsh.

3. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

Guys , the game in question will be supported someday I'm sure. We've got 29 OS updates so far.

Krikzz probably sounded rude because he tried too hard to explain himself , it happens to some non - native speakers when they try to get the messages across.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

ok, i tested king of colossus and saves works fine for me.
    my setup: firm v13, OSv29, and King Colossus (J) [h1C].gen ROM

5. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

I confirm that king of colossus (J) works, don't know about the translation patched rom ,will try to night.

Megadrive 1 , FW 12 , OSv.29

By the way , where can I get Firmware V13? I only see V12.

6. Barone

Barone Active Member

Can you guys load the game saved? 'Cause for me, as I said before, it saves but it disappears after that so I'm not able to load the game.
    I tested with the rom you used (King Colossus (J) [h1C].gen), not translated.

Megadrive 1 , FW 13 , OSv.29

If you guys can load, what could be my problem? Should I try to format the SD again or try another SD?

7. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

I can load the game just fine , save in the first slot at the first house in the game with oldman and woman.

Do you have save problem at the very begining? or the problem only occurs after you progress to certain part of the game?

8. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

but all other games can save ?

9. Barone

Barone Active Member

I did exactly the same and the save just disappears. It was in the very beginning, yes.

Sonic 3, Exile (another RPG) and Ys (Master System RPG) can save perfectly.

Could you PM the exact file used for test purposes, please?

I've tried another SD and the same occurs.

10. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

That's weird. Can you manually save the .srm into the SD card using Tool Box function? or the save file disapear as soon as you turn off your MD?

11. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

v13 supported only with pcb 2.4 and 2.5 and already preinstalled on all of them

12. DC_Lov

DC_Lov Rising Member

OK , thanks for the info.

13. Barone

Barone Active Member

The save file stays in the SD, the save disappears from the game. Even if I save the game and just reset it, the save game is no there anymore... Furthermore, just after saving without resetting, just a moment after, if I go to the save menu it is not there anymore.

Thanks, KRIKzz for your efforts and I've tested the files you have sent me. Nop, sadly... Seems like something goes wrong when my everdrive should relate the game with the .srm file... The save game never appears in the game itself, but a file is always generated in the SD...
    Weird...

Any other guess? I can try anything you say...

Anyway, many thanks, 'cause I'm almost giving up.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  14. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

i only can check your cart if you will send cart to me

15. Barone

Barone Active Member

Thanks KRIKzz, it was a nice offer but I love the thing too much to let it go... And I need it to test my WIP hacks on real hardware.

I'll try to hack the rom. There has to be a way, since many other games do save and load perfectly.

Thank you once again.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011