Cancelled 2001 Dragon Ball Z game

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by xaeroxcore, Jul 7, 2015.

1. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

Greetings to everyone!!

Roaming on the web i´ve discovered this video from the E3 of the 2001. A Dragon Ball Z from Infrogames, which looks different from the first Budokai.

The video shows several parts of the TV series, with some segments with something that looks like gameplay...Graphics seems to be Cel Shaded, in there are some segments of third person action, similar to Sagas...

Does anyone knows what happened with this game? Became Sagas 3 years later? or it was something else..

I remember that i´ve read in some Spanish console magazine 14 years ago a few data about a cancelled Dreamcast Dragon Ball Z game by Infrogames? Could it be this one?

2. OniLink99999

OniLink99999 Rising Member

You're right, it does look closer to Sagas than Budokai - but it's still pretty different to both. This feels more like a console-based Legacy of Goku game to me (the first of those came out in 2002, so I imagine it was in development at this time), and I don't think Sagas was in development yet. The graphics aren't very impressive, but I know I'd love to see more of this game - if more exists! =D

3. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Not really showing you a whole lot there with that video, are they? Looks like it had the potential to be pretty decent, though.

I try to forget Sagas exists.

DSwizzy145 likes this.
  4. Gemini

Gemini Retro developer

Looks awful, and I mean Final Bout awful. I love how they filled the whole teaser thing with a million scenes from the anime and only a bunch of in-game sections, just to hide away the fact that the game feels terrible.

DSwizzy145 likes this.