Boxed Doctor V64 N64 Backup Unit

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by fathertime, Jun 4, 2012.

1. fathertime

fathertime Rapidly Rising Member

Anyone have an idea on what this would be worth on ebay to the right person? It's a boxed Bung Doctor V64 complete with:
    256 MB RAM (maximum memory with 2x128 MB)
    DX256 add-on card for eeprom saves
    DS1 add-on card for sram saves
    Running the final bios v1.94
    Original Box

The sun has yellowed the front of the unit (Would you recommend using "retrobright" to clean this up?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks!

2. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

You own a Version 2 of the V64, so unboxed they head around the US$240 mark, so boxed I'd add another $30-$40 just because of the what it comes with.

DX256 cart can go for US$50 alone, so do the math...
    Since it's sun faded which really won't effect value TOO much, but for a picky person like myself I'd avoid the whole sale, so consider making the cleaning an option for the buyer.
    Although you haven't mentioned if it can load and play games for hours, which usually the V64 can start to crap out as the RAM just loses power? How well does it perform?

To be out right and give you a figure I'd sell it for $280-$330. Some people will say they're worth less, but complete like this is hard to come by.
    If I had the money I'd buy it from you right now, sadly mine stopped working last month...

3. fathertime

thanks for the reply. It plays fine - we did a long 3-4 hour session on bangai-o a few weeks ago. If the DX256 goes for US$50 (for 4k eeprom saves), do you know if the other card DS1 for SRAM goes for the same?

4. Wvisions

Wvisions Rapidly Rising Member

I'd have to disagree with this valuation. This may have been the case a year or so ago, but when the everdrive and 64drives came out the value of N64 copier units took a nose dive. Recently I grabbed one of these off ebay with both game save carts, original power supply, an n64 system and around 7 games for £60. Admittedly it was unboxed, so you may be looking at around £100.

5. fathertime

Thanks for the feedback. That makes sense and good to know.

6. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

It's rather silly to even mention that, firstly maybe it wasn't a well seen auction... I bought my V64 last year unboxed with an N64 and it was AU$200+. They go cheaper on eBay usually cause not many people are on the hunt for them. Even though you mentioned it in pounds so...

The condition this person's is in, I'd still sell it for what I said... They don't come like that very easily.

7. Wvisions

Wvisions Rapidly Rising Member

I don't think it was 'silly' at all. Simply sharing my experience.