bought a Neo Geo AES and it's faulty , need help getting a refund

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by s8n, Sep 14, 2017.

1. s8n

s8n Peppy Member

hi members , i need a little help with a situation i'm having. I bought a Neo Geo AES from a shop in Japan on ebay and there's a problem with it. I have spoken to a member on Neo-Geo.com forums and he says he's seen it before and it's a part that is going to fail or a sync issue.

so yeah i want to return this Console and get my money back , i have been communicating with the seller and his english isn't 100% and some of his responses are way off as in suggestions what is the problem. Anyways i have made a 2nd video showing the problem which should show him what the problem is.

i plan to start a dispute on Paypal if this continues as it's been lingering for a couple of weeks , what i want is my money back including shipping and if he wants his Neo Geo back he can pay for shipping back to Japan.

is that ok ?......can i do that ?......i don't want to pay for sending the Console back to him.

chat soon

2nd video for anyone interested in seeing it................

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. sanni

sanni Intrepid Member

You could stick a game into the slot and try if it plays.

3. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

Return shipping is the buyers expense.

If its faulty, this depends on local laws (and possibly Japans laws). Would need to see what ebay say

4. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Robust Member

Fortunately for the buyer, EBay are more supportive. They will usually refund your original cost and shipping but as Bad_ad84 says, return shipping is usually buyer responsibility. Sometimes the seller agrees to pay it to save face or refund without asking for item back (bonus). Depends on item cost, shipping and how persuasive you are.

5. Bad_Ad84

In the UK, if the item is faulty - the seller has to cover postage. But this is local/EU laws.

6. Gizmo613

Gizmo613 Member

Go through eBay first and see what they say. I just recently sent back an item that a seller had shipped wrong. Even though it said that buyer is responsible for return shipping, eBay saw that I did not get the item I paid for and gave me a return label, no charge.

7. s8n

s8n Peppy Member

thanks for all the info guys , i can say the AES plays games fine (Video and Audio) it's just that initial cold boot where the black lines pop up. A very reputable member of Neo-Geo.com forums said he's seen it before and it's a failing part most likely Ram or a Sync issue (dirty).

8. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

Out of curiosity, what would be the failing part?

9. s8n

s8n Peppy Member

10. s8n

s8n Peppy Member

hi guys i'm back and need some more help. I started a Return Request through ebay and when i got home today there was a email from Paypal for a full refund including shipping. Also there was a ebay email which says the below............

if i'm correct i can keep this Neo Geo AES Console and not have to return it ?........

11. Bad_Ad84

Yeah, seller has said to keep the item instead of them having to pay the return shipping costs to get back something they can't sell (as it's faulty).

Looks like a win, get it repaired and you have a great deal

s8n likes this.
  12. s8n

s8n Peppy Member

holy shit that blows my mind , i have a Thread on Neo-Geo.com forums about the issue with this AES hopefully we can find a solution for it.

today is a good day !

13. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

So, you got a system that still works and plays games fine, but has a minor issue that only happens on boot that could potentially be hardware failure in the future and you want a refund over that?
    That seems a bit unreasonable, as it was listed as working. And it works and plays games fine so you say yourself.
    No offense.

14. Bad_Ad84

Its got graphical issues soon as you start it up, while it may display games - its certainly not working perfectly.

Working to me = working perfectly. Any fault is counter to this.