Bored with life

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by coal stepping, Sep 19, 2017.

1. coal stepping

coal stepping Site Supporter 2014

So I feel like I've pretty much done everything, under legal and dabbled in some illegal substances(got high) ect, I used to really love video games but I've played pretty much all of them, studied , even dabbled in programming and information on cpu architecture, I've been all over the world and even have a Jamaican wife( she's cool af and my everything) been skydiving driven some of the fastest cars been in a punk rock and also a dubstep group, I guess what I'm saying is I'm getting bored with life , anyone else ever feel this way? Pretty much all I ever do these days is drink beer and fuck my wife which is pretty nice I'm still young looking as I've taken care of my health and diet through the years mid 30's 6'2 180 still get id'd not great at growing facial hair so lol, I really don't know what to do with myself these days

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

Join the military then normal life seems like a permanent vacation.

If you have money travel. You can travel europe cheap if you stay in hostels.

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Well Known Member

Military
    Make a business startup
    Commission things
    Work (i mean like something not trivial)
    Get a PhD in some field that normally doesnt have such a qualification
    Spiritual journey
    YouTube clickbait with low (or high) production value

4. coal stepping

Already done the traveling africa, europe and asia. too old to join the milatary, I think after age 27 here in the USA you can't join , even so I have been an scout so the outdoorsish part of milatary I get , also I don't want to be put in a situation where I have to take someone's life as I am a man of GOD. I did start buying guns lately as I now live in Arizona clapping is pretty fun tbh.

5. coal stepping

I did all that except the college part, it's amazing I make around 100k a year with no college degree, I always sucked at math but though being a psyschist would be dope, shit I'm even an English speaker and I can't even do proper Grammer lol

6. PixelButts

Have you tried mechanical engineering yet?
    Learn Solidworks or Autocad, learn to 3d print, then go til you hit making you own injection molds. I taught myself to use Solidworks and handle various 3d printing materials and specifications just because I was bored and could use it to fuel a second hobby

lwizardl and coal stepping like this.
  7. coal stepping

Bro good idea I think I'll do that

MrMario2011 likes this.
  8. PixelButts

I mean this hobby is already something to begin with by itself, whether you dive into CAD or not so theres another suggestion I guess.

Attached Files:

9. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I know you have travel and driving fast cars on your list, but have you combined the two?

Something about a good road trip just seems almost spiritual to me (if you have a fun car to drive). Driving through the Rocky Mountains is freakin epic. Don't make hard plans or anything, just explore what the planet has to offer.

10. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Robust Member

>not living on mars

11. PixelButts

Get in line. Some of us are tired of the shit on this planet

12. coal stepping

Yea like I said im 35 , I grew up in Baltimore City Maryland which is probably one of the roughest places in the world, I grew up in an port city where break beats and grunge was taking off, my brother and I used to go to raves in Massachusetts and Philly and brung jungle and drum and bass back to bmore, we even had lines with loni Fisher who ran the starscapes festivals (the biggest rave on the east coast) than there's the other things I told you, I'm just out of options to thrill me, other than my loving wife. But cad and 3d modeling sounds fun

13. coal stepping

[​IMG] [​IMG] thats my real face, upload some more later, pictures of me and my wife and my pot farm in Jamaica (which is completely legal)

14. Stipo360

Stipo360 That Dead Rising Guy

[​IMG]

15. TriState294

TriState294 Site supporter 2016

I think the allure behind the 3D printing hobby is that you get the immense satisfaction of having made something tangible (almost) immediately. Making stuff that you love that otherwise wouldn't exist is extremely rewarding.

If being a creative type isn't your thing, then use your resources to become a pivotal contributor to a community you identify with. Like video game prototypes? Be the next drx and go find the holy grails and dump them for all to enjoy. Does anyone actually know who Simon Wai is? Not really...but his name will always be remembered in the Sonic the Hedgehog community for discovering and publishing details on the first known Sonic 2 prototype. Have some skill or trade? Start a wiki or YouTube channel and teach the technique of your craft. Whatever it takes to be the head of the community you love, go do it. Be the "Kevin/Assembler" of your passion.

One further thought given your age and implied stability...ever thought of having kids or adopting? Maybe even get involved in a "big brother" program? If you've seen most of what this world has to offer, why not share your experiences with the next generation? I would find that personally rewarding to share.

coal stepping likes this.
  16. PixelButts

I have fucked up really bad before. It has given me a much better understanding of the literal usage of "room for error". My goal after that was to make existing puzzles but to their absolute smallest size possible and still function (with reasonable stability).

The satisfaction I got out of making the still current smallest 8x8x8 around is a great feeling. Granted the reason is "why would you want a small one?" and the answer stems from "Because maybe I want one". I know for a fact it can be smaller, I just chose to be more moderate in that attempt, as at the time it was a 200USD price tag to print. Now it's 600 due to pricing model changes. If I had the money I'd pursue making the second version but it's just not in my budget anymore.

Fixing up flawed designs however for some ego stroking is much more reasonable and shows there's almost always room for improvement.

17. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Robust Member

Become a Shaolin kung fu master. The spiritual side won't interfere with your Christianity and will help you find perspective, and you will learn some badass skills. There are plenty of great (and lots of not so great) schools in the US. You clearly have the ability to do well at whatever you put your hand to.

Durandal and coal stepping like this.
  18. Flash

Flash Dauntless Member

Get a pilot license and buy a small plane, they are not much more expensive than average car or just join a flying club to make things even easier - flying is fun, just be careful.

19. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

How about local charity work? It seems like all the things you've done have been for yourself (I don't mean that in a selfish way) - why not try dedicating some time to helping others? Strange as it may seem, I suspect that might be a reason why you're bored with life.

When you're done with that, my wife suggests this:
    http://www.endurorally.com/pages/the-peking-to-paris-motor-challenge-2019

...although you will need a vintage car... car restoration also an option? Mechanic in two years?

and.. yeah... let's see some snaps of this legal pot farm? (and do you need a gardener?)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  20. coal stepping

[​IMG]

Me a nd my wife