Blank media for Gamecube

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by AndehX, Jan 21, 2019.

1. AndehX

AndehX You got boost power!

Can anyone recommend good blank media for Gamecube burns? I know RitekG04 is what you want, but I can't seem to find any anywhere. (Bare in mind, I live in the UK, so no US links please)

Cheers!

2. minimaniac

minimaniac Newly Registered

Hi, I had the issue you're having. TDK ones work fine for me. UK also.

3. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I have some Fujifilm discs that are made by Ritek, and they seem to work fine. You can find them on eBay, though I'm not sure if you would want to buy them that way; there might be better options, I'm not sure. I don't know if all Fujifilm mini-DVD-Rs are the same. So, that might not be very helpful, but I thought it was worth mentioning because they do work - and they are made by Ritek, like you mentioned.

4. Nully

Nully Dauntless Member

I use Fujifilm and they work perfectly. They are being scalped lately on Amazon, used to be $6-8 for 10pk now it's $15 last I checked. Once they are gone they are probably gone forever so stock up ASAP.

5. AndehX

AndehX You got boost power!

Doesn't seem to be any on the UK amazon

6. Nully

Nully Dauntless Member

Wanted to bump this because the Fujifilm discs are "officially" gone after quite the price hikes from eBay and Amazon. In the meantime I tried these out and they are working out fairly well, same boot rates as the Fujifilm though I have experienced stuttering/total freezing on video sequences (such as the intro to Smash Bros. Melee and that classic "hang" before the character selection screen loads) where on the Fujifilm discs it wouldn't happen so I can't say they are just as good, but they work "enough" if a drought is coming for established brands and media.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Memorex-10pk-4X-Camcorder-1-4GB-30mins-Mini-DVD-R-single-sided/254042029064

7. Nully

Nully Dauntless Member

Bumping this again to say that I was incorrect, the first 8 discs worked well but the last 2 are defective. 80% success rate it's probably still worth the purchase and hopefully I just got unlucky and they aren't degrading this quickly.

[​IMG]