Biggest Disappointments of 2015

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MBMM, Dec 30, 2015.

1. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

In a sea of indie crap (except No Man's Sky),sequels to franchises we stopped playing years ago,AVGN clones that try to pass themselves off as "game jounalists",Skyrim clones with fanbases that can't take criticism,and constant barrages of idiots trying to ruin other people's fun some 2d platformers is actually good to see incase you don't feel like waiting 2hrs for GTA Online to load or you don't feel like digging out an old copy of Forza

2. mairsil

mairsil Officer at Arms

Bitter much?

3. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I think there might be too much positivity in that rant. Like, not everything should be unicorns and rainbows. Talk about seeing the sunny side of things to a fault...

4. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

still can't believe they actually gave you that title

5. MBMM

I gave myself that title. I take it as a compliment. Watch Dog-ing volatile and belligerent users since August 2013. Nintendo Seal of Quality approved.

One big disappointment was not receiving Uncharted 4 this year. Naughty Dog had it pushed back to make the ending better. Let's hope for a stellar release in 2016.

HEX1GON likes this.
  6. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Every time I hear that game I think of this:

Also, you can give yourself titles?

7. MBMM

Click on your username in the top right, then click on 'Personal Details.' It's the third or fourth field down. It's called, 'Custom Title.'

8. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

Lack of games. Games came out but nothing that lit the world on fire. Even Halo 5 didn't sell AMAZING, I think after the initial hype fucking NEED FOR SPEED outsold it. Mortal Kombat X came out this year and I keep forgetting it did as I'm waiting for a Komplete edition.

9. piplup10036

piplup10036 Gutsy Member

Chibi Robo Zip Lash. Looked fun, started out kind of fun, then I came across a game breaking glitch where during a cut scene the game crashes. Came out in October and there still isn't a patch for this.

10. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Halo 5 and Fallout 4. Also even though I didn't buy the retail game, the Rainbow Six Siege beta played like turd on my xboner. It was pretty much locked at 24 FPS and I could only get one game in per day before the servers locked me out for no reason.

11. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

LOL That's rich thinking you were awarded the title hah.

Though, would be G if you were a Mod.

12. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

I would say halo 5, and the gaming industry going to sh*t.

13. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

I think certain aspects are almost looking up. Yeah most Japanese publishers are taking the piss, but I'll gladly take a 3-6 month delay for a game instead of getting it released somewhere between alpha and beta state.

M. Bison likes this.
  14. K7Sniper

K7Sniper Robust Member

Cancellation of Silent Hills - Especially in the manner in which ti was done by Konami.
    Order 1886 - So much potential falling completely flat
    Arkham Knight on PC - Still doesn't work.
    FF7 HD Remake - Went from super awesome to the "let's completely screw over the battle system with the FF12 crapstain style we're also forcing into FFXV" bullcrap
    WWE 2K16 - As a wrestling fan, 15 was god awful, and 16 was just more of that. I miss fun wrestling games
    MGSV: PP - Storyline was dull, multiplayer was a forced microtransaction pile of bullcrap. Insurance? What the hell. It's like 1920s NYC mafic protection payments...
    Nintendo's lack of presence at E3 - Granted, they have their Nintendo Directs, but I was hoping for something more than the announcement of a horrendous-looking spinoff of Metroid
    Konami - Just, in general. They beat out EA for biggest bullshit in gaming overall this year.
    $60 Multiplayer-only games - Evolve, Battlefront, R6: Siege... Not that the MP was all that bad, but seriously... $60 for ONLY MULTIPLAYER. No campaign at all...

You're welcome :) (Also, I've changed my youtube channel. Fixed the link in the quote for you)

sonicsean89 and M. Bison like this.
  15. MBMM

Luckily VII is my least favorite of the ones I've played, so I'm not too concerned with how they handle it. Now, if they screwed up a VI, VIII or IX remake, then I would be all kinds of disappointed. It's going to be SE's most profitable game but will easily be their most divisive.

16. K7Sniper

K7Sniper Robust Member

7 is in my top 5 for FF games, and I'm a fan of turn-based combat in RPGs. I loved the ATB system.

Them moving it towards what looks like the FF12 battle system (my absolute least favorite system) really irks the hell out of me.

M. Bison likes this.
  17. darkspire17

darkspire17 None

the force awakens

18. jp.

jp. Be Attitude For Gains

So, there are two ways to look at Yoshi's Wooly World:
    An Epic Yarn game
    A Yoshi's Island game

Yoshi's Wooly World, while not a BAD game, fails at both.

Epic Yarn game - A large part of the brilliance of Epic Yarn was the way the developers made the cloth aesthetic actually FEEL like a part of the game. Playing through Epic Yarn is a delight because the manipulation of cloth in levels is just so creative and interesting throughout. Wooly World? No. In Wooly World the whole cloth aesthetic is just that, an aesthetic. It's just how the game looks and rarely meaningfully factors into the actual gameplay, which was a huge let down.

Yoshi's Island - What's one of the most important factors of a Yoshi's Island game? The bosses right? So what if I told you that of the 12 bosses, 6 of them were the same things except with different patterns. Pretty sucky right? Yup, and that's exactly what they did.

Don't get me wrong, Wooly World is still worlds better than YI:DS and Yoshi's New Island, but it was still a disappointing game.

Also, I'd like to add Triforce Heroes to my list. Making a multiplayer Zelda game that insists you have three people (as opposed to being able to play with two) is, quite frankly, one of the worst ideas I've ever heard for a videogame. Sheer stupidity on that one and I refuse to buy that game.

BLUamnEsiac, BomberDino and M. Bison like this.
  19. K7Sniper

K7Sniper Robust Member

Triforce Heroes... I haven't played it yet, but when I saw it at E3, my first thought was "Great, another one of these Four Swords piles of junk". That, combined with that Metroid spin off game really gave them one hell of a weak E3 performance.

20. Billden55

Billden55 Robust Member

Let's have a game crash so everything can be cheap and I can actually buy newer games for once. I also hate the newer feel for games, battlefront feels so weird, BO3, and probably more have the same weird feel, I just don't like it.