Biggest Disappointments of 2015

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MBMM, Dec 30, 2015.

1. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

I never expected MKX to come to PS3 and 360 anyway and as for the segways,they'll be dead within the summer of next year

2. BomberDino

BomberDino Robust Member

Operating system, watches, and unreleased games... we need to make up some rules for this thread.

But since there aren't any, I will also join forces with the resistance: boo to Windows 10! MS, you can keep your free upgrade. And while we're at it, boo to recent OS X releases, I want Snow Leopard back! (Too many hardware SKUs, Apple has, not as solid, they are now.)

3. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I did say in the original post that the thread was related to disappointments in gaming. I guess unreleased games would directly related. Also, Windows 10 does have some incompatibility with a lot of older games. Let's just go with it. I would have put it under Off-Topic but it probably gets more eyes in this section anyway. Make of it what you will!

4. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I propose naming threads correctly with the actual topic.

My suggestion, "biggest gaming disappointments of 2015"

No one reads the op :)

5. M. Bison

M. Bison I'll see you all at 3:15!

-Corrin being one of the two final DLC characters for Smash Bros 4, when franchises such as Zelda/Donkey Kong/Starfox are grossly lacking in representation in comparison (I'm super surprised that Zelda didn't even get a new fighter at all for Sm4sh)
    -Zelda: Triforce Heroes being three-player instead of four (y'know, like in the popular FOUR SWORDS spinoff series)
    -Zelda U being pushed off to 2016 with Nintendo continuing to show off practically nothing to make up for the delay (a 13-second rotating shot of Link on horseback doesn't cut it, especially when the first trailer was fairly exciting)
    -Minecraft WiiU, being way too little too late (MC's pretty much at the tail end of its hype), more expensive than other versions, and launching with no touchscreen features, and its announcement being grossly overhyped by a Nintendo rep
    -me learning that there's gonna be a goddamn Angry Birds movie
    -Hideo Kojima getting buttshafted at the Game Awards

6. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

It's called TRI force heroes for a reason

DSwizzy145 likes this.
  7. M. Bison

I know. They axed a player just for a shitty pun.

8. mairsil

mairsil Officer at Arms

But the trailer looks epic:

:D

9. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

and because it would make sense
    player 1:Triforce of Power
    player 2:Triforce of Wisdom
    player 3:Triforce of Courage

10. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

True. But the title would have carried more weight had Link, Zelda and Ganon been playable characters. The lame fashion themed storyline wrecks the game despite the few gameplay changes.

M. Bison likes this.
  11. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Fallout 4 being released

@MBMM ;)

In all honesty - DLC for Smash Bros U was taking the piss, nothing of what has been added has made me want to even turn on the Wii U any more.

12. M. Bison

Oh. Here's another one: the Smash Bros. Brawl hack, Project M, being suddenly canceled in early December due to incredibly vague legal scares, especially when the newest version was supposed to release in mid December or so (although it and a couple more interesting development builds got leaked after the plug was pulled). Six years culminating in the most polished Brawl back by far and it gets flushed down the drain. Considering I don't like Smash 4 all too much, there's very little left to look forward to for Smash Bros for me.

13. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

My biggest disappoint of 2015 was getting Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 for christmas!Was

14. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I must be the only one haha. I certainly don't mind it just being in general. More input that way.
    Can't let that die, can you?

I find Smash Bros to be pretty overrated, but I've heard a lot of criticism directed towards Nintendo relating to how they handled that DLC from people who really like SSB.

15. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Literally, they'll all explode!

Of all the game movies that got canned, this is the one we actually get. I had heard about it when they optioned it (along with PLANNING TO BUILD A THEME PARK (Rovio thought way too highly of Angry Birds)), but assumed it died the quiet Hollywood death.

Yeah, some of the Smash characters are kinda ehh. All the Fire Emblem people are basically interchangeable, so why not pare them down? Ryu was nice, even though it's not like there's fighting games with him.

I hope the actual movie looks like that, it would fit right in on SyFy.

16. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

:D

I believe so too, it seems nothing is really being done and all 'new' characters are taking the piss, ever since sonic in Brawl.

17. rtv190

rtv190 Robust Member

well tbh,Nintendo has pretty much added all the 1st party IPs they can by this point (but i'm still waiting for Reggie to be added)

18. mettleramiel

mettleramiel Robust Member

I was really disapointed that smash bros did not come with an adventure mode like brawl.

19. M. Bison

Why have that when we can have Smash Tour, clearly the Cadillac of extra game modes? (Real talk, Smash Tour blows and I would've even settled for a Melee-style Adventure mode.)

20. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

I'd rather have Chibi-Robo or similar lesser known Nintendo character than Ryu, Cloud or Bayonetta any day. Speaking of Chibi-Robo, one big disappointment for me was that the new game went from the unique premise of the GC game to a run-of-the-mill 2D platformer (as if we don't have enough of those already...)