BEWARE! Sweetsstuff4u is a MASSIVE THIEF!

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by Adol, Jan 31, 2007.

1. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Good idea! Forgot you could do that, hehe!

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I'm thinking of starting only bank transfers now after reading the shit Paypal put on it's innocent users. The problem with real bank transfers is the amount of commission they charge :(

Yakumo

3. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

yeap, bank transfers suck badly.

4. sh3-rg

sh3-rg Spirited Member

Makes no difference waiting for finds to celar or whatever. When the buyer says he didn't receive anything & PayPal finds in their favour for whatever mystical reason thay decide that's it, they can take the money from your bank/card/whatever. I sold a gamegear with loads of games to the US some years ago. The fuckwit who bought it complained to PayPal saying I didn't send it, next thing I know PayPal send me an email saying in 3 days time the money is coming from my registered funding source. Of course I closed the PayPal account after being ignored OVER 20 TIMES by PayPal via email. No idea how safe it is these days with ebay/paypal and I don't really want to find out either. All I know is if I kept that PayPal account open I would have been scammed from the first time ever, in the end I believe PayPal scammed themselves.

5. Adol

Adol Resolute Member

And now,the bastard put me negative feedback..Nice!

6. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

You know what i hate the most. I tried to buy an item off some dude on a site here in the uk. Got nothing. (dude was pretty good at the scam he said ok ill take your offer. Gave me a phone number and i spoke to him 3-4 times).

Filed a claim with paypal and they tell me its gone my way but they cant get any funds from him.... WTF?!?

7. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Had a guy in Italy buy an item off me, I shipped it but via a service that wasnt trackable. Next thing I know the guy claims he didnt get it, and files a claim. I eventually get the post office to admit it was delivered over the phone only via the customs slip.

I tell paypal this, and they said they wont call USPS, and that it needs to be online only. Wow. He got the money and the items, scumbag.

8. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

Dot, now is the chance to summon Fabio!! xD :love:

[​IMG]

PS: I loved that game as a kid (as if most of you didn't know already ;p )

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  9. Japan-Games.com

Japan-Games.com Well Known Member

I've been doing some research about Paypal recently. Usually I just complained without really knowing what the situation is.

As a Seller, you're basically at the mercy of the Buyer's credit card company. They have the final say. If they authorize the chargeback then they are allowed to take the money from Paypal, and at that point Paypal is allowed to take the money from you. Paypal can't do anything about it.

One of Paypal's selling points to Buyers is that their credit card information is kept private. So the Seller never knows the credit card company or number. This is a horrible situation because if a chargeback is done the Seller can only rely on Paypal to fight the chargeback. Paypal says that the "vigourosly" defends Seller during this process but I suspect they are just the transfer service of information between you and the credit card company. Paypal asks you for proof and information and they hand it over to the credit card company.

This is the biggest problem with Paypal IMHO. The Seller is never able to make his case directly with the CC company. Paypal won't give you that information. You are forced to rely on Paypal to fight for you, but they're protected in the end. If you lose they don't lose.

If it happens to me again I doubt I'll even bother with fighting through Paypal. Instead I'll call the proper authorities and have the person investigated for credit card fraud. That's what it is in the end. You have their name and address and contract (ie eBay transaction). Depending on the amount of money it might be worth your time to choose that path.

I'm wondering to what extend Paypal is able to continue to hide the identity of the credit card company. I doubt they'll tell you if you ask. I'm wondering if a call from the authorities saying they are investigating credit card fraud will do the trick. At least you'll have more of a fighting chance if you're working with the CC company direct. You can do this while investigating the Buyer.

Anyway, if I find any more info I'll post it. Good luck.

10. Adol

Adol Resolute Member

Thanks

11. Cheese007

Cheese007 Peppy Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  12. Mundocombo

Mundocombo Spirited Member

This is exactly what happened to me. But at the end paypal returned me the money on hold

13. Candycab

Candycab Guest

Having been in Law Enforcement I can tell you that calling the persons local PD is pretty much a watse of time and will most likely go nowhere.

That said if for some reason they want to pursue the issue all they will do is take a report and submit it to the local District Attorney's office, after that they are pretty much out of the loop. The DA is the one who will actually decide weather the case is worth investigating and go from there. I would say 99 times out of 100 the DA wont have any interest in it unless you are a member of the community they serve and most of them will tell you that directly.

If it was a violent crime they would probably be all over it, otherwise youll probably be on youre own.

If you are going to call someone the DA's office is one to call, just dont get youre hopes up.

Hope this helps a bit ;-)