BEWARE! Sweetsstuff4u is a MASSIVE THIEF!

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by Adol, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Adol

Adol Resolute Member

This bast*rd stole me $400 of jaguar factory sealed games!

He won on early december 6 games from me,including Factory Sealed Iron Soldier 2,Zero 5,Worms,etc..$388 total!

I shipped the package by International Tracked airmail,and online tracking shows that it has been delivered on 9th January (why it has been so long i have NO idea)

And this SON OF A B*TCH dared to put a paypal claim on 23th December or so (should be his christmas spirit for sure)

I did everything Paypal asked: online tracked shipment, i faxed them the shipping receipt,matching the tracking number.
    They saw online tracking, and they saw the package was delivered!
    And YET, they managed to refund him!! UNBELIEVABLE!
    I'll have to phone tomorrow morning to Paypal hotline, and if they continue in such way, i'll probably have to sue Paypal France for being a complice of such scam.

By now,he's enjoying my games,probably reselling them on Ebay since he is specialized in Atari stuff,and never answered ONE email.

His Data:

Ebay ID: sweetsstuff4u
    http://www.sweetsstuff4u.com

Sweets Stuff 4 U / Michael SWEET
    40111 proud mockingbird road
    Zephyrhills, FL 33540
    USA
    Phone: 813-355-6448

Don't deal with him, he'll just get your games AND his money back.
    Thanks Paypal and this scammer.
    If any details needed,my email is adol@club-internet.fr

2. cyberguile

cyberguile Dauntless Member

Hell !
    That's why I don't use paypal ANYMORE to sell stuff.

3. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Like Dot50Cal's thread, I'm not sure putting up a complete address and phone number is a good idea, but I guess that's for the mods to decide.

Paypal is full of shit, which is why I never plan to sell anything using them.

4. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Call the local PD of his town and tell them the entire story. Suing him as well would be a good course of action.

5. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Chripes, is this like the month of scammers or what?!

6. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

Mate
    That sucks.... -___-;;
    I had very similar experience with Paypal and eBay and at the end I just throw away over 500+ feedback and close my accounts. At least luckily my Paypal account was not linked to any of my account and I don't keep the c/c details either. The one I used to open has been long been cancelled anyway...

I dunno the mongrel did get the refund from Paypal or not but at least Paypal didn't get their greasy hand on any of my fund nor eBay. ^__^

p.s. it was my seller account so no big deal as I can still use other account to buy on eBay...

7. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

one case after the other, what is this? Witch hunt period? o_O

8. g_sepp

g_sepp Dauntless Member

why don't we just deal with members who have been on our forum for more than 2 years. that way we only deal with assembler family. or put in our profile the number of items we bought from each other off here. kinda like a trust worthy number. like this

GSEPP
    He hasn't fucked anyone over in 5 transactions

9. Jasonkhowell

Jasonkhowell Well Known Member

The only problem with that is how we would regulate that. Say a person wants to build up a rep by getting several "Transaction" points under his profile and does it unfairly: such as making a fake selling topic then having himself or a friend under another account (Or multiple accounts) "buy" the stuff. You get what I am saying? I think there might be a possibility, but it would have to be regulated somehow (Like limiting the feedback to people with over 100 posts, and so on).

10. g_sepp

g_sepp Dauntless Member

there is an easy way. we look at time spent here and posts. I don't post alot but my time i joined says i am not going anywhere. If you have a low post rate but a high join time your pretty much saying your good to deal with. High post rate friendly in forum short join time then friend in forum will have to vouch. High post time with high join time say your the real deal you can buy and sell. Now for the selling and buying. I think if we are selling and your are the real deal you should have a down payment 90% of the total price you have agreed on with the buyer. for example..

I am selling my 3do system for 100 bucks shipping included. I am a high poster and a high join date plus i have sold before.
    my buyer will send me 90 bucks in earnest for me to hold till he gets the shipment. THen once he gets it he sends the last 10 bucks.

This will not be true on every situation. i think the ratio's could be worked out better but i think if we deal in business like this there will be less chance of us fucking over one another.

11. Jasonkhowell

Jasonkhowell Well Known Member

Another thing to note is price range. People can have good feedback, but at the same time buy nothing but inexpensive things (Granted, this is more on ebay with people buying cheap crap, like coupons). Although, going back on topic for a minute, this is more of a universal internet scammer then a assembler scammer.

Your concept is good, though. My idea would not be a point system, but sort of a feedback field where we could see who that particular person has dealt with and so on (Granted, we have to factor in those who don't want to let people know that they have made a deal with someone, and so on).

12. Parris

Parris I'm only here to observe...

PayPal is bollocks and has NO security either for a buyer or a seller. I personally think it is a farce! They should be exposed as a shoddy, lack lustre and easily abused 'banking' (laughs!) system.

If it goes well, it does it's job, but the second it doesn't (and it is frequently not) then it just fails miserably to provide sufficient checks and protections.

I NEVER USE PAYPAL! I get complaints on my eBay items for not accepting it, but I really don't care as I'd rather get the money in my hands and into my account and then ship. I have had people try the scam on me recently and I was amazed.

One guy left positive feedback stating "Fast Shipping - many thanks" or words to that effect. I ripped up all the proof I had of posting (as you do) as I shred everything going out of this house into our bins, and several weeks later he started a claim against me, probably knowing I'd no longer have proof. Even when you DO have proof and fax it through to PayPal, they take ages to accept it and can / do often find in favour of the scammer!

When are people going to realise that PayPal is NO substitute to a REAL banking procedure?

13. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

We have a feedback topic for reputation guys ;) If someones too lazy to check it out then they deserve whats coming to em.

Barc0de, Im curious why you'd think its a witch hunt? Please dont tell me you sympathise with scammers :eek:h:

14. Nicola

Nicola Gutsy Member

first thing, ever: go to the police.

15. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Dot50cal, we also have a feedback FORUM... wouldn't these posts be better suited in there?

I know they're about transactions and trying to stop people from being scammed, but I think they should check out the feedback forum as a matter of course, rather than have to find a topic in the already busy For Sale / Trade forum. This will all die down in a couple of weeks, the topic will drop, and noone will read it.

Keep the Marketplace for sales, help it become less cluttered by posting such threads in the Feedback forum, where they really belong.

If you REALLY want to mention it in the Marketplace, why not post a closed sticky about reporting scammers, and request users do so in the feedback forum?

16. NES-a-holic

NES-a-holic Rising Member

Dang man, sorry to hear. It's weird they refunded all the cash though, let us know what they say when you've called them.

17. Dr_Slump

Dr_Slump Intrepid Member

You can say that again!! I got scammed too, first time ever. I won't make it public though...

18. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

One thing i dont get:

I've used eBay/PayPal for over 2+ years without any trouble (buying or selling). For ANY big purchase it just seems common sense to make sure you have received the payment and waited for it to clear - before - you send the items. At least in this case the seller could have avoided any trouble. Move the money from PayPal to your bank account asap...that's my advice. It's also normal practice; you can quite easily tell the buyer you are waiting for funds to clear and then send the goods, they cannot get upset about this.

I should add that this doesn't excuse his actions...this guy seems to have ripped you off 100% - and there's no defense for that.

The only thing that gets me with PayPal (as i have recently experienced) is people NOT reading the auction properly. I sold 100+ vhs tapes recently and at least 5 people asked (after the auction) if i could accept Postal Orders/cheques even though auctions were all clearly "PayPal only".....The tedious prospect of queuing in a bank for 30+ minutes to pay in a £3 cheque just doesn't register with some people does it?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  19. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

This sort of crapola is the reason why I never sell on eBay...hell...it's why I rarely buy on eBay. Sure, people will say that "Ebay/Paypal only cares about sellers" or "They only care about buyers." The point is that they don't give a dick about anyone. They just want your money.

If I do use eBay, I try to buy locally...(buy on eBay, but pick it up at seller's nearby house...allows for inspection, etc). If I can't do that, I try to buy from well known and trusted sellers.

I still think I prefer to deal with people over forums though. At the very least, after they screw you you can drag their name through the mud over and over and over, so everybody will know it. I imagine its a lot more satisfying than a piddly little negative eBay feedback.

20. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

retro, I totally forgot about it! I think as long as the person isnt a member here it should be posted up there, but if it pertains to a user who is on the boards its probably wise to post it in the marketplace as thats where most people who possibly do business reside and are the most open to attack.

I've moved the topic to the feedback forum, but left a shadow link here in the marketplace which will slowly melt off the page.