Beta Rent a Hero #1 XBOX

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by chris5687, Oct 8, 2005.

1. chris5687

chris5687 Guest

I have a friend that got a hold of a beta copy of Rent of Hero for XBOX. the game was going to come out but got canned. He asked me to do him a favour and check the interest of the game here. here's what he said on another forum

-
    Have recently acquired the E3 demo build of this unreleased game with a friend, which is the full acts 1-3 (out of 1-5) and functons fully. Not the full game sadly, but those with fullr eview copies are known to be notoriously tightfisted and have stated they will never release it. Until such day as the full game is somehow miraculously made available this is the best we can experience of this game in English.

Is there an interest in seeing this 'released' publicly?

As with other releases in the past this would be a donor system preceding release first to donors online then publicly. Not looking to recoup costs but to create the value for the game which it deserves, a free dump of which would create the exact opposite.

-

I suppose you can PM me or I can give contact info of him if interested.

Here's his original topic if interested: http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dreamcasting2/viewtopic.php?t=1404

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2005
  2. Szczepaniak

Szczepaniak Robust Member

I would absolutely LOVE to see this released commercially. I've been following it for what seems like years now, since the DC version, through to AIA's collapse. I wish someone else would pick up the publishing rights.

Sadly I am utterly broke right now (Live Publishing collapsed taking 3 months worth of mine and other writers wages with them), and so won't be able to donate anything right now (emphasis on the "right now" bit).

How much would he sell such a thing for, if at all?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  3. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Very nice, maybe you should post on the Community Dump thread?

4. Someone just had Rent-A-Hero beta build up on ebay a few months ago. It didn't reach the reserve. He was a member of these boards. If he wants to sell his I'm sure he will mention it. I always wanted a US version after playing the DC Jap version.

5. The Dreaming Eye

The Dreaming Eye Spirited Member

This is the one I had, about 60% complete. The owner didn't get much interest and decided to keep it unreleased.

6. tonyvortex

tonyvortex Rapidly Rising Member

i just had my house robbed last week of over 100 xbox games,so i was scrolling through gamestops xbox list looking to remind myself of what they stole and i chuckled seeing rent a hero listed at a used $24.99 price.

7. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

wait, that wouldnt be the unrelated pc game would it, if not then that hilariouis, or does this lead to suspicion that some actually got made, sorry to hear about the games, that really sucks.

8. tonyvortex

tonyvortex Rapidly Rising Member

thanks man,they actuelly stole abot $5000 worth of stuff and it sucks.i went back to gamespot and found the link,im assuming they forgot to take it down and its just been sitting there on the site in limbo.

[​IMG]