Best Version of the Playstation?

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by retrorgb, Jul 20, 2013.

1. FireAza

FireAza Shake! Shake!

You didn't write that, I did! :p I wanted to know if there was still a difference between the early model PS and the later models that have the separate AKM brand DAC, just like the early models do. Like maybe the early boards used a different version of the AKM DAC that's better quality or something. Since from what I've been reading, the reason the early model PS is so praised for it's audio is due to the AKM DAC, so I would have though that any board that has the separate AKM DAC would be just as good audio-wise as a launch model.

2. master991

master991 Enthusiastic Member

OPS language misconprension. Sorry.

3. parahaber

parahaber Newly Registered

ps 1 hd versions

hey there no one is going to tell you straight . if you want to play hard an fast gaming backups, audios,

originals scph 7502 , 7501 , 7503 . scph 101 are the best models .but they are simple and plane quality models.

NOW scph 1xxx , 3xxx , 5xxx , 700x ARE HIGH DEFINITION MODELS BECAUSE THEY USES CXA1645 for video and AKM OR PCM AUDIO DAC IC IN IT.BUT THERE

IS TIGHT SECURITY CHECK FOR BACKUPS AND MOD CHIPS EVEN COPIED AUDIO CD WILL NOT PLAY PROPERLY IN THESE MODELS BECAUSE THAT ADM

LASER. THE DEFAULT LASER IN EACH MODEL IS SET TO READ '' ORIGINAL DISCS ONLY '' .

NOW PLEASE PAY ATTENTION IF YOU WANT TO PLAY EVERY MODEL PROPERLY HERE IS MY FINEST COMBINATION OF LASER FOR EACH MODELS...

KSM 440 AEM , BAM . BEST FOR SCPH - 5000 AND 7000 SERIES THAT MEANS PU-18 AND PU-20 BOARDS.

KSM 440 ADM ,ACM ,AAM , BAM BEST FOR SCPH - 9000 SERIES AND 7500 SERIES THAT MEANS PU-22 AND PU-23 BOARDS

AND FOR MINI PS1 COLLECT 2000 M0DELS THEY WILL HAVE PM-41 BOARDS SAME AS SCPH - 900X. SERIES. BUT PS ONES ARE SIMPLE MODELS THEY

ARE NOT HIGH DEFINITION .

4. Chacranajxy

Chacranajxy Member

Uhhh... what, exactly, do you mean by "high definition," in this case? There were some screenshot comparisons earlier in the thread that demonstrate that there's little to no difference in video quality between models after the 100x series.

5. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

This entire post is nonsense.

6. master991

master991 Enthusiastic Member

shhh.... Why so loud?
    HD playstation? oh my god ahahahhahahhaha

7. MaxWar

MaxWar <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

The Sega Genesis had High Definition well before the playstation.

8. Jei

Jei Rising Member

This