Best Carts?

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by Millionaire2K, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Millionaire2K

Millionaire2K Rising Member

Hey.New here.. I was wondering what carts you all feel to be the best flash carts for the N64, SNES, NES and Genesis? Ive been doing a lot of internet searches and I keep finding new stuff all over. I'm looking for the easiest carts to load as many roms as I can and then play. I have all real hardware to play them on. However when I go on vacation my kids have me bring the Retron 3. I would like to be able to put 3 flash carts in the Retron for Vacation use only. I understand that its hit or miss and that its not always the same results with clone hardware. I was just wondering what Flash carts should work best for a clone. I could also buy a new clone if another works better. Thanks for the help!!

2. Tricky

Tricky Robust Member

Genesis - Mega Everdrive
    SNES - SD2SNES
    NES - PowerPak currently, Everdrive soon
    N64 - Some say Everdrive 64, some say 64drive. The latter has a big update coming soon, could tip the scales.

3. Millionaire2K

Thanks for fast reply. Most options I see are just boards. I have no skill to create my own shells. Is there anyone on here or any link to someone making and selling just shells? Thanks.

4. Tricky

Tricky Robust Member

Some resellers, like StoneAgeGamer and DragonBox, offer versions with carts. Alternatively, you can just buy a cheap copy of a game, take apart the shell of that and put the flashcart board inside.

5. Millionaire2K

How does the SNES PowerPak compare to the SD2SNES?

6. Tricky

Tricky Robust Member

7. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

AFAIK Stoneagegamer does not ship outside USA so if you're outside USA, better find a relative or trustworthy friend in USA who can buy the deluxe version that comes with cart shell and labels, check and make sure it works, then ship it to you.

I've bought from him, he's been great.

8. Millionaire2K

I'm in the USA. Thanks for help. Problem now is finding these in stock. As I mentioned, making the shells is a no go forme.

9. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

You are mistaken, we ship all over the world. About 30% of our business is international.

10. Millionaire2K

I would like to give you business ;( but every cart is sold out.

11. Mack

Mack <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

They have a couple in stock , you should sign up for their site and select the notify me when available option. Their product is awesome and I am still waiting on a couple more from them , so I just check back often and the carts pop up all the time.

All and All I am very happy with Stoneage gamer and their products , just ordered a Master Ever Drive Deluxe Edition.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  12. StoneAgeGamer

SD2SNES Universal are actually in stock, but won't be for long. Like Mach702 said we have a stock notification system on every product's page. There will be a link that shows up if the product is out of stock.

13. Mack

The American version went very fast lmao , I received the email .... Had it in my cart then the woman was bitching at me so I took it out of my cart. Refreshed and gone!! Damn her!!

But it's all good I just received my Super EverDrive Deluxe Edition in the mail yesterday and it's amazing ;)

14. StoneAgeGamer

Yeah, there are actually hundreds of people who have signed-up for SD2SNES Deluxe notifications. I would have taken more orders, but still waiting for more from KRIKzz.

15. Mack

Ya I see that on FB all the time people waiting in line for that bad ass cart , now the Gold one is going to be something!

16. StoneAgeGamer

Gold one is only for a give-a-way we will be doing once our new site leaves its beta phase. It won't be a normal color we offer.

17. Mack

It looks great man , once beta is over I will be all over you're FB page lol Whoever wins that one is going to be one lucky sob.

18. Millionaire2K

Just bought the Universal SD2SNES Deluxe. It says its a tight fit for NA systems. Will this not work for me? Now I just need the Mega Everdrive and 64 Everdrive to be in stock.

19. Mack

I think you can just clip the sides/ remove the tabs of you're snes console where the cart goes to make it fit smoother , someone correct me if I am wrong though.

20. Millionaire2K

Don't sound fun.