Battle of the Ports

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Yakumo, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Which format would you prefer for Battle of the Ports?

1. Text bar (like I've had since the first show)

15.2%
  2. Voice over, only

22.8%
  3. Voice over and text bar (for non native English speakers)

62.0%
  1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I did actually film both deep scan and periscope but in the end left them out of the video to avoid some idiot asking "where is the Arcade version" or have a comment like Dave from game sack saying they don't get why deep scan is included.

2. Yakumo

A classic with a surprising amount of good ports. This week we look at Pang! on Battle of the Ports. Note that the SFC / SNES version is Super Pang!, Not regular Pang! so it's not featured on this video.

3. Yakumo

This week on Battle of the Ports is one of the very few wrestling games I actually like - Muscle Bomber from Capcom!

4. Yakumo

Sega were always a company for coming up with crazy ideas. Baku Baku Animal is just one of them. This week on Battle Of The Ports.

Anthaemia. likes this.
  5. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I know that quite a few Sega PC games are typically based on their console versions (rather than the original arcade counterparts), but there are virtually no differences between the ST-V and Saturn editions of Baku Baku, so why did PC owners get such a horrible treatment? Saying that, just look at how Sega Swirl was massively downgraded for the PC - there was no excuse for such a rush job!

Yakumo likes this.
  6. Yakumo

Another Atari classic on this Weeks's Battle of the Ports.

7. Yakumo

Over the many years of making Retro Core there is one game title that is requested time and time again. that game is Tetris. Tetris would be a very trick show to produce due to the many clones and versions but one day I will get around to it. For now though please enjoy the excellent Tetris Plus.

8. Yakumo

Athena, one of the most talked about female Gods. Surly a game based upon her must be good. Right?

9. Yakumo

Pink elephants, women's err.... well let's just say in japan culture is very different. Pr.Li.Ru.La on this week's Battle of the Ports.

10. Yakumo

Hi everyone,
    I'm a little late this week due to the busy nature of this time of year but I got there in the end. Here is this week's Battle of the Ports - The King Of Fighters '98.

11. Yakumo

Known as Sonic Wings Special on consoles, this arcade version is quite rare. So rare many people don't even know about it. What's more odd is that the original games ran on Neo Geo Hardware while this one does not.

12. Yakumo

Its Trojan and no, not the Trojan you are thinking of (^_^). This week on Battle of the Ports. Note that the Capcom Arcade Classic versions are not covered since they are just the arcade rom being emulated on different platforms such as the Xbox 360 and PS3

Arcadia likes this.
  13. Yakumo

Said to be the first ever arcade game to feature parallax scrolling, Moon Patrol is something of an industry innovator but how is it as a game? Let's take a look at Moon Patrol over many different formats.

14. Yakumo

Long long ago Capcom made many different types of games from shooters to platformers and racing games. These days they seem to make only fighting or action survival games. Let's take a look at an experimental title from them that combines driving with shooting. This is Last Duel.

Johnny likes this.
  15. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

Hey Yakumo, i know haven't been around as much lately but i wanted to say i keep watching your videos.

I really appreciate the time and effort you put in making those. It's always top quality.

Yakumo likes this.
  16. Yakumo

Hey Johnny. I don't blaim you not being around these forums much these days. It's a shell of its former self. Still, I'm happy to hear from you and that you're still watching the shows. This coming week I'll be showing Death Brade and Hang On the following week.

17. Yakumo

Known as Mutant Fighter, this very obscure fighting game from Data east (Must be obscure since I only knew it as Death Brade) actually got a few ports with one being almost arcade perfect. Let's take a look.