ave's collection

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by ave, Nov 22, 2007.

1. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

hahaha, that's dope!!!

2. Juste

Juste Fiery Member

Hehe, I thought it was real, but you tricked me. ^_^

Nice pictures, though (the Sega Saturn is real, right)? ^_^

-Please, don't support piracy. Please don't support the sale of the 2012 Sega Dreamcast game Geist Force. Don't support piracy in any form. Please respect the work of others.-

To report piracy or show your support, please visit: https://reporting.bsa.org/r/report/internet/add.aspx?src=us

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  3. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Heheheh, yeah, the Saturn is real! I didn't even photoshop the background, it really was lying on the ground at this very spot - about 500m from Col de Turini.

4. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

I just received a big seamail box with some nice goodies, but I only really felt like taking pictures of one particular item: "The Ninja Warriors" soundtrack by Zuntata, on vinyl from 1988!!

[​IMG]

The main reason I wanted this is Daddy Mulk:

One of my absolute alltime favorites in terms of video game music!! That solo at 3:30-3:45, man, how amazing is that for a video game theme?? Holy crap. I always wondered how I could get my hands on a prestigious hard copy of this favorite of mine and I didn't want to buy the more common CD-version because I dislike to listen to CD's. And then I discovered this by accident and won it eventually.... yeeee. :D

[​IMG]
    Track List also includes the amazing Cosmic Air Way from Darius. Not sure if it's the full track, gotta check later.

Cosmic Air Way:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPTj0I2aTQ0

[​IMG]
    Super mint condition....very satisfied with it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  5. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

One of the most amazing game soundtracks ever, after seeing this I listened to the Daddy Mulk video like a hundred times xD

Congrats on the finde ave, and cool collection as always ;)

6. undamned

undamned Spirited Member

I have that CD! :D
    -ud

7. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Thanks Tchoin! Glad I could get you hooked to Zuntata :D

@topic
    Some recent news:

[​IMG]
    A Japanese Nintendo shop sign from the 1980's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Picked up this bundle for $30 locally. I didn't have a JPN PlayStation 1 yet, so I bought it. Some trash came with it, but for the price it's pretty good I think.

[​IMG]
    Some games. Thanks to the user I got them from!

[​IMG]
    My mint 1975 Japanese Epoch Electrotennis that I already wrote about in another thread.

8. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

You got Ridge Racer.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDGGGGEEEEE RACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

9. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

I read your post 3 times now and I'm always pronouncing "RIIIIIDGE RACEEEEER" like the "Daytoooonaaaaaaaa"-Jingle. Sorry, I can't help it. :p

10. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Now that I did the same, it's rather comical. lol

11. cez

cez Site Supporter

Hah! Did you notice that it reads "entaateimento" instead of "entaateinmento"? Nintendo of today would hardly make such a mistake. Very cool find.

12. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Yeah, I noticed that. It's pretty strange because the N would make perfect sense, but apparently it's a bit uncomfortable to pronounce for Japanese people so they frequently drop it and say "Entertaimentoooo" instead. Even the Japanese Wikipedia-Page for the NES calls it "Entaateimento Shisutemu" (maybe an inside joke of the authors? hahah)! I love the sign, although it's not super rare. But the style is beautiful and it represents the Famicom era. :)

13. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Unpacked some stuff again... sigh, life of a nomad. I didn't add the games from my boxsets, but those are all my regular jpn PS1/2, jp+us GC, pal Xbox, jpn GB/GBC/GBA games.

[​IMG]
    My minions are playing on my miniature arcade cabinets. :p

Also got me another Japanese GB Pocket, this time in classic grey with red buttons:
    [​IMG]

Grey GB family (the one on the right is my phone :p)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  14. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Cool GB Pocket :)

I love your collection and how tidy it always is!

15. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

That Epoch Electro tennis is super cool. Where did you get that and for how much if I may ask? :)

16. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Thanks Tchoin! I just moved into this room so it's pretty tidy. Of course it'd still be tidy 10 years later, I'm a little bit OCD about that ; D

@Tatsujin
    It was on Yahoo Auctions from a seller who sold a ton of new old stock from an old toy shop - the same where I got the Nintendo shop sign. It has been labeled as brand new/unused as well, but I think it might have been used once or twice but definitely not more often than that: no dust on the unit and only 1-2 identifiable scratches on the antenna connector. Maybe the scratches are even from internal testing prior to delivery, who knows.
    Given the condition it came at a high price tag, I paid 三万円. But man, it's the first Japanese video game console, 38 years old and it's brand-new! Considering that people on ebay these days ask the same price for every mediocre sealed SNES-game, I think it was a almost a steal.
    I'll never let it go, that's for sure. My most precious dust-catcher :) I love it for the manual score-count. It goes like real tennis from 0 to 5, 15, 30, 40, A :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  17. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

Yeah that's not a bad price considering its age and condition, and it's same old as I am..lol.

Any chance of firing it up on one of your available TV sets, to see how it runs?

18. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Well, it's still new and I wouldn't wanna unwrap the antenna! I think it would be massively difficult to get it running, though. When Japan-Games sold his unit, he even had to buy a 1980 TV set to show it because any TV that is from the mid-80's and up would not support Electrotennis's obscure UHF-signal.

Pretty sure this is the only gameplay-video on the web. I searched everything in both English and Japanese, but no videos except for this :(

What's pretty cool is that it actually does have an A.I.
    Pong didn't really have one, neither in the Arcade nor Home Pong.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  19. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

Lol, derisoba and dev. SS too, did you recently won the lottery too? :congratulatory:

20. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

No lottery win, just spent some money from my savings account :p
    And Delisoba is like Darius Alpha for you. I always knew I was gonna buy it sometime and then when I had the chance and the funds, I just went for it. It's similar to Alpha: An ok game that's even enjoyable, albeit not worth the money in any way. ;)

New stuff:
    [​IMG]

Sunsoft Memorial Series Vol. 1-4 and 6. Gimmick & Battle Formula are clearly the highlights here... it'll take a while until I can find/afford them on the Famicom, but they're better played on PS1 anyways: RGB... woop woop