Asuka 120% BURNING Fest.

Discussion in 'Fujitsu FM-7, Towns and Marty' started by 1983parrothead, Jul 8, 2013.

1. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

Have you checked to see if NicoNico Douga has any gameplay videos of it?

2. 1983parrothead

1983parrothead Rising Member

Not a single gameplay video of the very first original FM Towns 3-disk version has been uploaded on the Internet. This March 11th, it will be the 20th Anniversary of the Asuka 120% franchise, so if anyone that owns the game can afford something like the KryoFlux, the DiscFerret, the HxC Floppy emulator or something like them, then please do so.

3. 1983parrothead

Happy 20th Anniversary!

4. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

I do have the PC-9801 version of the game, it's still slow but it does have lots of topless pictures of the beaten character when you win...

5. 1983parrothead

6. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

Nope, I was thinking of Variable Geo. Which was on the 9801. In my defence it is easy to get thm both confused as they are both fighting games with similar traited girls...

7. 1983parrothead

However, Asuka 120% doesn't have erotic scenes nor anything like that.

Asuka 120% Limited is the last game in the franchise that was seriously developed by Fill-in-Cafe, while Final and Return were developed by Success Corporation, which is why Limited is arguably the best in the franchise.

If you are a fan of Treasure, you should check out Mad Stalker titles, because Masaki Ukyo (Treasure) and Masatoshi Imaizumi (Fill-in-Cafe) worked together on it. Not only that, but according to former Treasure designer Tetsuhiko "Han" Kikuchi, Fill-in-Cafe's Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force and Capcom's Alien VS. Predator arcade game were the main inspirations for Guardian Heroes' design. It is unknown whether or not that Ukyo worked with Imaizumi on the original FM Towns version of Asuka 120%.

Later on after Mad Stalker, Ukyo went on to become executive director of Guardian Heroes, while Imaizumi later created the PS1 Mad Stalker and Panzer Bandit.

Since December 19th, 2005, Ukyo and Imaizumi joined once again to establish R.U.N and created the fighting game Phantom Breaker, which plays similar to their previous works.

Here is a double-faced poster with the FM Towns versions of Asuka 120% BURNING Fest. and Mad Stalker: Full Metal Force being advertised on them.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. 1983parrothead

*bump*

I won the bid on the original 3-disk FM TOWNS version of Asuka 120% BURNING Fest. I would like to know as many safe and secure suggestions on how to dump it online.

9. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I have video of The Saturn version on my You Tube Channel (PopetherevXXVIII) on one of my Retrocade specials. I also have Burning Fest final on my PS3 off of JPSN. When I can find time I'll do two dedicated videos on both.

10. 1983parrothead

Sorry, I'm not interested in researching the sequels, yet. Because I am wanting to learn more about the one that started it all.

11. 1983parrothead

*bump*

mona_jpn of Know Your Meme said "According to this database which has a checklist for over 1000 FM Towns titles, unfortunately Asuka 120% Burning Fest can’t run on UNZ. And it seems there are no alternative solutions."

This sounds confusing. What other methods can we do to dump this very rare game? I ordered both a working FM Towns computer + these two USB floppy drives. Should any of these help:

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Floppy-Drive-FL-UDRV/dp/B00E9MD700

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PCGA-UFD5-VAIO-Floppy-Drive/dp/B00006HNH0

12. fluxcore

fluxcore Spirited Member

I have absolutely no knowledge about your particular enquiry, but I have been meaning to get into this game on the Saturn. Any suggestion as to whether it's better to play the commercial release, or the 'patched' version? Primarily will be playing competitively 2 player.

13. 1983parrothead