Asuka 120% BURNING Fest.

Discussion in 'Fujitsu FM-7, Towns and Marty' started by 1983parrothead, Jul 8, 2013.

1. 1983parrothead

1983parrothead Rising Member

This game is very sought after (or should I say quite rare), and I am still finding it. My goal is to play it before proceeding with the later releases in its franchise. Denymentanol has it, but doesn't want to dump it online due to how risky it is to accidentally damage it. My only choice is to repeatedly find it here and play it through UNZ using a USB floppy drive:

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search/あすか120%/0/

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

The Sega Saturn version is much better but even that isn't too common.

3. 1983parrothead

Of course, if you mean LimitOver, which is a doujin patch for Limited created by Fill-in-Cafe staff after bankruptcy.

4. Paperweight

Paperweight Active Member

I don't understand, what do you mean he doesn't want to dump it because of how easy it is to damage it? I have dumped several FM Towns floppies like Darwin's Dilemma and have had no issue.

I have both versions of Burning Fest for the FM Towns (120% and Limited). I think they are copy protected which is the only reason I am unable to dump them and play them on UNZ.

If anyone knows how to copy of copy protected floppy id be interested to know. There are several other floppies i'd like to backup like cameltry and columns but cannot due to copy protection. They seem to successfully copy just like any non-protected disc but they just won't run in UNZ.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  5. 1983parrothead

Limited is the Saturn version. You mean the Excellent FM Towns version. The KryoFlux might help you dump them online.

EDIT:

Denymentanol has tried numerous dumping software, but hasn't used KryoFlux nor the HxC floppy emulator.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  6. Shou

Shou Gutsy Member

I have had the Towns versions before and currently have the X68000 version, all of them play so slowly that I don't see the point of going back to them nowadays when they have much more refined versions on SS and PS. OF course, if you're a collector than playing doesn't matter much...

7. 1983parrothead

I would like to play the FM-Towns version before proceeding with successors to see what has been added and / or removed in the franchise. I would also like to rip background music from it, even if I can only rip it with sound effects being played. There is a lack of gameplay videos of it online.

EDIT:

I'm also planning to create a Wikia site for the Asuka 120% franchise.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  8. Paperweight

the game does not play slowly, it just loads really slowly. I don't really see why either, because there are other more impressive looking fighters on the FM Towns (like blandia and Queen of Duelist Gaiden) that load much faster.

DiscFerret and Kryoflux look cool but a little on the expensive side just to back up a few floppies... I have already copied non write protected discs like D-Return, Darwin's dillemma .etc but it'd be nice to use something like Discferret to ensure as much data integrity as possible. It's too bad that these devices aren't a little more affordable. I dont really have any interest in backing up Cameltry, Queen of Duelist and other write protected user discs, burning fest .etc unless it was hassle free tbh. not to mention there is no assurance these devices will even work if i should shell out for them.

9. 1983parrothead

Of course, there are better fighting games on the FM Towns, but try this:

-> Try to connect a 360 RPM drive to the PC to use the hxc software.

OR

-> Connect the HxC (with the lastest firmware) & the drive in the same time on the FM town and make a copy from the drive to the HxC. (... If possible with the FM town...)

If that isn't affordable enough either, then shall I purchase them myself and donate them to you?

10. Paperweight

i'll look into this stuff a little more this weekend. it'd be nice to work out a way to dump all my towns floppies without a major hassle. i have a bunch of discs that are worthless (bunch of japanese text-heavy games) that I can test copy so it doesn't matter if they get damaged in the process. Let me further look into the stuff you're talking about because this is the first mention I've heard of it.

11. Shou

Shou Gutsy Member

Are you sure? The game is as slow as the original SF2.

12. 1983parrothead

It's been a week since you scheduled to check out the dumping tools. I created a Wikia for the Asuka 120% franchise, but it still needs more work. Any support is allowed.

http://asuka-120.wikia.com/wiki/Asuka_120%_Wiki

EDIT: I noticed that Family Soft's website is down. Family Soft was the main distributor of the Asuka 120% franchise.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  13. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

I have the Saturn and PCE version of it. Lil' cute game. Prefer the PCE version.

14. FireAza

FireAza Shake! Shake!

Tatsujin prefers the PC Engine version of a game? Didn't see that comin'!

15. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

16. 1983parrothead

Interesting! What makes the Saturn Limited version so good is that it was the last title of the series that was developed by the original developer Fill-in-Cafe before their bankruptcy. Success Corporation, the same developer of the SNES Makeruna! Makendou 2 fighting game, worked on the Final and Return editions of Asuka 120%. Fill-in-Cafe also worked on the PS1 Makeruna! Makendou 2.

Anyway, I'd like to at least see gameplay footage of the original FM Towns version, and add it to my Wikia site.

17. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I know what I'm getting on PSN next...

18. 1983parrothead

Now it's been three weeks. I'd like to at least see even a camcorder footage of the FM Towns version.

19. 1983parrothead

20. 1983parrothead

Can someone rip the OST of the original FMTOWNS version?