Site Feedback AssemblerGames is closing. Here's your guide to surviving the apocalypse!

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by Nemesis, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

As you probably read here: https://assemblergames.com/threads/this-forum-to-close-in-30-days.71032/, the end of days is upon us, and AssemblerGames will shortly be no more. Here's what you need to know:
    1. Kevin is closing the site for his own reasons. No amount of money or begging will help.
    2. This forum has been doomed for awhile, with no mods, no admin present, and no new members being approved for over a year.
    3. The community already has a new home, and the active membership has already moved over. Join us at http://www.obscuregamers.com
    4. All public content on the site has been archived, including the hidden 0bit forum. Nothing will be lost.
    5. If you want to backup your PMs, now is the time to do it. Instructions are present here: https://www.obscuregamers.com/threa...-conversations-before-the-site-goes-down.288/
    6. Hope to see you all at http://www.obscuregamers.com!
    For anyone who is offended by this post, yes, I'm spamming the forums. You should know that I'm in no way connected with the guys running Obscure Gamers, and I didn't ask for permission, I'm doing this of my own accord to help anyone who might not know what's happening or where to go from here. If you don't like it, feel free to hit the "Report" button, and I'm sure a moderator will address your concerns at their earliest convenience!

2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

This is excessive to the point of stupidity. You could've posted this in one or maybe a few subforums and that would be enough. Obviously Kevin isn't going to do anything about it, but that's not the point. You aren't helping your own case by doing this in such an obnoxious way.

_XBOX_ and Shadha like this.
  3. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

Why do you care? By the timetable Kevin outlined, this forum has around 72 hours before it's obliterated. Maybe this reaches one or two people who otherwise wouldn't have known what's going on/what to do. In exhange, I clutter the forums for a few hours before they're vaoprized. Worth it I figure.

4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

My point is that if you want to "reach" people, being obnoxious isn't a good way to do that. Being annoying gives a person an immediate negative impression of you, which is likely to make them disregard anything you have to say. And like I said, you didn't have to spam the entire forum to do what you're trying to do. It's pointless.

5. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

I'm not trying to persuade or convince anyone to do anything, I'm just sharing information. What people choose to do with that is their business. I was concerned for the people who didn't know all the information I shared in my post, given that it's split across two forums or buried in a 28 page topic. Now it's clear and easy to find, nay, impossible to miss! I guarantee one or two people will appreciate the information I'm sharing. Some people will also be offended, hence the disclaimer in the first post. If that doesn't cover it for you, well, in 72 hours what will it matter?

6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

no, seriously, can you fuck off with spamming that shit into the ground? its been posted multiple fucking times and it only makes people annoyed when they see one user spamming a thread for every section of the site

7. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

If you're just "sharing information", why are you doing it in such a forceful way? That's like throwing a brick with a note attached to it through someone's window and saying, "I'm just sharing this brick with you, what you choose to do with it is your business."

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

I think a better analogy would be kicking in someone's door to say "By the way, did you realize your house is on fire and you're about to die?"

9. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

No, no it isn't. Anyway, I'm tired of arguing with you. Just keep imagining that you're helping people even though you're just sharing information even though you're saving their lives, all at the same time.

10. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

Jeez dude lighten up, it's just a forum. Maybe try some meditation, or take up yoga.

11. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

On a semi-related issue, is it possible some of my PMs are missing? cant find any from the old days (2006-2010)

12. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

My own old PMs (2007) are not in proper conversation format, but I seem to have most of what I sent out and received in fragmented conversations.

I suggest backing up ASAP: https://assemblergames.com/threads/backup-your-pms-with-wget-before-the-site-goes-down.71046/

See Nemesis post for a Windows script. I suggest doing both methods to be sure.

13. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

Where? after extracting with that script?

14. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

My script has the main conversations html file in Final/Conversations/index.html or similar.

The oldest PMs are simply in the latest pages of your inbox.