Assembler Vinyl collectors: What are you collecting?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by GodofHardcore, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Yeah, you dont need to go to ridiculous levels of expense to enjoy your records. You can get great players for 200usd. No need to got stupid and blow a few grand on a player.

Sorry, I couldn't get the video made today as I had to go out and I'm 's out now. I'll try and get it done tomorrow for you.

2. SpooferJahk

SpooferJahk *Insert title here*

No worries, take as much time as needed. I appreciate just the basic notion of going that mile for me, thank you.

3. SpooferJahk

Double post (sorry) but after reordering some LPs that I damaged using REALLY dangerous cleaning methods (I fubared on the wood glue method and tried the evils of sandpaper thanks to a rather promising guide) I can safely say I have assimilated into the record world knowing what and what not to do.

Still waiting on a couple of LPs (Reordered E.G. Daily's Wild Child and Face Value by Phil Collins), here is my modest collection so far:
    [​IMG]

4. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

[​IMG]

One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
    Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
    If you guessed this one is not like the others,
    Then you're absolutely right!

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Spirited Member

:cool: All I can say is:

"So what's the matter with you?
    Sing me something new...don't you know
    The cold and wind and rain don't know
    They only seem to come and go away"

6. GodofHardcore

Be here now hasn't aged as well as Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory has and everything after Be here now is only just OK until Dig out your own soul.

Noel's Solo stuff however is AMAZING

Although Fade in out and D'ya know what I mean are timeless songs.

7. Yakumo

Some quality buys this week.

Billy Joel Greatest Hits. Double LP set with gatefold cover and something extra special also on double LP with gatefold, Zuntata - Taito Sound Team Arcade Classics Volume 1

[​IMG]

The Billy Joel records were pretty grotty but a quick clean later with these vinyl wipes
    [​IMG]

Turned this mess
    [​IMG]

in to this lovely clean record that sounds fantastic after drying.
    [​IMG]

8. GodofHardcore

This is just the begining I'm recording a Rap Album so expect A LOT of Rap on my end for a while.

Animals is my favorite Pink Floyd Album BTW so I'm glad it was reissued
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SpooferJahk

Just got this in the mail as an early Christmas gift to myself, this reissue of Scientist Rids the World of the Evil Curse of the Vampires:
    [​IMG]

It's under a different name, but is an official reissue from Greensleeves and definitely sounds like it, it is thick, clear, and great sounding. Those who played Grand Theft Auto III heard tracks from this album if you listened to K-Jah in the game.

10. SpooferJahk

Double post, but I felt like uploading an image of my modest collection so far that I built up since I started this hobby in November.

[​IMG]

The Alan Parsons Project's I, Robot was a recent purchase and got Queensryche from my folks as a Christmas gift, which was a rather cool surprise to me since it was brand spanking new.

Still working and learning how to defeat some of the dreaded surface noise issues with many thanks to Yakumo, but only one or two have a consistent issue with them but I will get it down sooner or later. For now they sound fine, and I can always fix it digitally since I do digitize my music for on the go listening.

Yakumo likes this.
  11. metalman

metalman Rapidly Rising Member

Metallica hardwired 3 lp plus bonus cd.

12. Yakumo

While in the UK I picked up a few new records, being the new remastered Queen's Greatest Hits 2 and Madonna's True Blue. I was also planning to bring back a load of compilation albums that I had stored away in my parents attic but it seems that one of my brothers have had them. All that was left were some of my mum and dads stuff plus these two, Do the Bartman and Spin The Wheel from the original Turtles movie :)

[​IMG]

13. GodofHardcore

Some real cheese there........But I'd kill for Do the Bartman

14. Yakumo

A trip to my local record shop resulted in the flowing.

[​IMG]

Madonna - Like a Virgin, Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters 12" and Wham - The Final

Some may say they're cheesey but I say they're classic 80s pop. All in mint condition too.

sayin999 likes this.
  15. dark

dark Dauntless Member

@GodofHardcore

Can you share any of your raps? I dabbled in rapping and beatmaking for about 8 years in the 2000s, always interesting to hear someone else's style.

16. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

I have the original US soundtrack on vinyl, surprisingly has a good selection of new wave songs. Didn't even realize they used Thompson Twins in the movie until I got the soundtrack!

17. Yakumo

The soundtrack is great. I have it on CD which is designed to look like a mini record. It even comes in a record type jacket :) I think the only reason I got the CD version was for the bonus tracks.
    While at the record store I was actually looking for some Thompson Twins and Human league stuff but they had none. Maybe next time.

The Thompson Twins track in the Ghostbusters movie plays in the background while Ray, Egon and Peter are eating their dinner just before they get their first call to the Sedgwick (sp?) hotel.

18. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Yea I realized it after getting the soundtrack. It's just so subtle I didn't notice. It's like the fletch soundtrack. The Fixx Letter To Both Sides is played while Fletch is driving but the scene is so quick you don't really notice. Next soundtrack I want to find on Vinyl is "To Live And Die In La". Wang Chung made a lot good songs for that movie.

Yakumo likes this.
  19. GodofHardcore

Once I have something worth sharing that doesn't suck I absolutely will. When I made my old stuff I didn't have anything that resembled a flow, Then I got one and my lyrics made no sense. So I'm in a spot where I think I know what I'm doing. I found a few beats I'm going to mess around with throwing rhymes over and see how they come out.

20. SO Remixer

SO Remixer Lovely Sweet Dream

While visiting my uncle he gave me YMO's self titled album and a few CDs of artists I've never really listened to before. Not pictured is the album "Killing Time" which he also gifted to me
    [​IMG]

Yakumo likes this.