Are PS4 Pro devkits different than DUH-T1000AA?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Development (4,Pro)' started by Half Mile Ride, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Half Mile Ride

Half Mile Ride Rapidly Rising Member

I'm asking because since SONY released the PRO they pretty much has to ask/beg some AAA devs to support it. I'm thinking that the companies that pledged support had to order some new kits to optimize and update their code for the spec enhancements to make any difference on their game.

Does this mean that newer devkits were made to accomodate the new PS4 SKU?

2. smf

smf mamedev

3. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Pro Devkits should be DUH-D7000AA (and T7000AA for Testkits)
    If you disregard the beta kit model numbers then this is what they should be until something changes.

Min Version is 3.700.000 (may be .001) just like the retail counterpart shipping with 3.70. As such, now downgrading to 1.76, so unless another more accessible kernel exploit is available you wont be seeing much happening.

Stipo360 likes this.
  4. Half Mile Ride

Great info, I'll be on the look out for that big black box. looks more like a CPU than early PS3 Devkits, still I'm hoping someone deals with the activation check when these become more ~mainstream~

5. Half Mile Ride

After checking that last picture again I noticed something I hadn't noticed before, behind the Pro Devkit there is apparently a DECR-1400A.

The only games "United Front Games" ever developed for PS3 were ModNation Racers, Sleeping Dogs, LittleBigPlanet Karting and the last & most recent one for PS3 is Disney Infinity 3.0.

Anyone guessing what is on that DECR-1400A yet?