Archive of the original 09/11/05 Sonic Extreme for sale thread

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by ASSEMbler, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicola

Nicola Gutsy Member

he will have to make his copies unique, maybe with a sonic-cult label or something similar...I fear a Thrill Kill syndrome...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  2. LocalH

LocalH Guest

I don't see why, unless he's burning his copies on Mega CD-R media.

Also, I don't see why he'd put a CulT label on it, since CulT is down right now, and he's already mentioned Simon's site. If anything, it'd be an SWS2B label.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  3. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

4. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

The bids remain the same right now, with this mysterious guy no one has ever heard of at $3,000 and a very well known, trustable (and completely anonymous) collector at $2,500. If anyone wants to outbid either of these, or even bid something in-between in case our high bidder doesn't follow through, you have exactly two hours.

5. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

cross your fingers guys!! Hope the mafia doesn't get in on this business.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Very tempting, but I'll leave this one up to the Gods of the Internet.

7. madhatter256

I just hope the seller read through this thread and the other thread to have a good laugh at the mayhem this sale thread caused:smt042

8. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

[​IMG]

Uhh, is this our seller's hand?

If so, it would appear Sega already got to him... he only has 3 fingers!!!

Was this developed by Sega US, then?

9. LocalH

LocalH Guest

I have another person who says he can chip in $200, so that makes $1900 on the group bid. I told him to post here but he might not see it before the deadline.

10. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Do me a favor, for the sake of security please post a pic of it running with "assemblergames.com" on some paper in front of it.

I've had a lot of requests for you to do that, even at the late hour.

ASSEMbler

11. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Personaly i would be very very careful about dealing with this seller that doesnt exist. Im guessing TRE isnt taking responsability if you get screwed in this deal...

Wouldnt like to see the look on your face if you end up getting a blank cd-r. Be very specific about getting as much information as possible from the seller.

E.g. address, phone number and so on.

12. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Well, seeing as how the "auction" ends in a half hour, and the guy isn't even home before then, that's impossible. "Buy me" was my idea, he originally wanted to put "lostlevels.org," but I said I didn't want to be associated with it. And like I said in the first post, further proof is available to serious buyers. No one has taken me up on that, though.

13. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

I've nearly been screwed in a situation like this before, but didn't... long story...

Perhaps the person's face would somewhat resemble this: :D
    [​IMG]

14. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Well, like I said, this guy is most certainly a ex-Sega employee. He knew things that the general public doesn't. And the game is certainly authentic. The "further proof" I've offered is a video clip of the demo running, which he didn't want posted on the internet anywhere. Hence the "for serious buyers only."

15. madhatter256

show me sonic

16. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Yeah it doesnt make any difference if hes a ex-sega employee or not. He can easily rip anyone off. Some of the people i would least think would rip someone off in this forum HAVE!

I strongly recomend anyone who is interested in buying this to get as much detail as possible from the seller. If he is not willing to give you his name, home phone number and so on DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM!

If you have any doubts POST on the forum or pm someone (mods if you wish to not post in public) and see what we can sugest.

If you get ripped off dont say we dint warn you.

Personaly i wouldnt touch this with a barge pole if he gets dodgy about things. 3rd party sales are never the best idea. Im not sure the reason why the seller wishes to keep it so secretive... its not like sega dont know he worked there.

17. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Yeah, but they don't know who he is, and until they do, can't do anything about it.

18. LocalH

LocalH Guest

I got another person with 200 British pounds, which is around $365. So that's $2265.

Do we have enough people here who are willing to pay $40 for a copy to make $335? If so, then we've got $2600 or more as a backup bid.

19. madhatter256

cant wait to hear who won the item

20. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

No The Red Eye its quiet clear sega can easily identify him if they wish. As your previous post mentions....

Im sure all it takes is a look at some documents or asking around employees.

It seems to dont really reply to my posts either stating that the seller will be providing information of who he is to the buyer or not... which makes me think he might not be doing so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.