Archive of the original 09/11/05 Sonic Extreme for sale thread

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by ASSEMbler, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicola

Nicola Gutsy Member

ratman, you have my money for a copy.

2. Tomcat

Tomcat Familiar Face

$3k????

3. So is this legit? And ppl, pls don't try to talk him out of it if it's for real.

4. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

WOW thats amazing. Good luck with the purchase !

5. LocalH

LocalH Guest

Dude, I fucking love you. I go to bed thinking that this will end up in a private collector's hands, and I wake up to find someone this generous?

6. ratman221

ratman221 Guest

I'm making sure that dosen't happen. :) You see I own my own computer business, which will allow me to buy this item. I have loved Sonic ever since Sonic 1 was released, I thought at the time that I was witnessing history, and I was. I even have a Sonic tattoo on my arm (screenshots later). When I saw that a prototype version of Sonic 2 was found....I literally screamed (because I have the magazine with the hidden palace zone pictures in it.) And I was really happy to see HPZ in 1 form or another. The Sonic Community has been soo good to us all because of those hacking Sonic 2/1 and allowing every day persons to make hacks of Sonic games. What i'm doing here is giving back something to the Sonic Community. The money being spent is well worth it, and perhaps in time we will see hacks made of this game (There are rumors the Kega author is creating a Saturn emulator.) I am a hardcore Sonic fan to the death, and it is my pleasure to give the community this gift. I love you all!!!

7. ...A Sonic tattoo, are you serious?

8. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Stretching it abit calling it a gift arent we...

9. ratman221

ratman221 Guest

Yes, a Sonic tattoo. (Sonic from the S&K cover) Well it is a gift, I want the scene to have it and be able to do whatever they want with it.

Hopefully there is a Saturn emulator soon so we can play it on a computer. :)

10. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

A gift doesnt have a price :)

11. ratman221

ratman221 Guest

Yes, thats why i'm gonna give free copys/download links to the Sonic elite.

12. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

And how many of the members here form this sonic elite? Specialy how many of the people who are praising you for your generous act are getting this gift...

13. ratman221

ratman221 Guest

I don't know the exact number, i'd say between 20 and 30. They would get the most use out of it. They might be able to hack it and find stuff. They shouldn't praise me for that, as i'm just buying the item to perserve it forever....And for others to enjoy it. :)

Others besides the Sonic Elite will be able to buy copies for $40 each. (I will have a site up soon where people can buy copies when I get the game and mass copy it.)

If somebody was able to find a Sonic 1 Beta or another Sonic 2 Beta and was selling it on here (with proof it was legit) I would proceed to buy it as well to benefit the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  14. ...Is it compulsory to have a Sonic tattoo to become one of the Sonic Elite?

:D

*jk

15. ratman221

ratman221 Guest

Well, I got the tattoo because Sonic is sooooo UBER COOL!!! :) I'm willing to show pictures of the tat if anyone wants to see it.

16. Tomcat

Tomcat Familiar Face

I think 146 planes are ace but wouldnt have a tat done of one...

17. ratman221

ratman221 Guest

I love the tattoo. Everyone that knows me knows that i'm obsessed with Sonic. He is my hero *blushes*

18. babu

babu Mamihlapinatapai

yeah.. but I guess you don't have the same situtation that I have:
    My incomst is just so I can pay my rent (not enough for food). but hopefully that is about to change this month :)
    I've been in this situation for atleast 3 month
    I have borrowed money from my parents so I have a debt to them of around ~1300$

so that is why I don't know until I get some money in the end of the month..

19. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Don't push him. Jeez. $40 is extremely fair. He will no doubt take a loss if that's all he's requiring.

20. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Agreed. Besides, if he's giving out copies to as many people as he says he is, it will find it's way out somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.