Anyone with software tools for DC please send me a PM

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by ASSEMbler, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I need some hlep getting some unreleased games off the 7 dc dev I got from you know where.

2. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

It will depend on which version of the SDK they used to make the games. If say the project files were made with SDK R9 but you had R10 installed on the PC and updated the firmware to R10 spec then the project files won't load with GD Workshop or most other programs for that matter because of the older version so you would have to go back down and reflash the firmware/bios back down to R9 to get the project files to load. If you're wondering where the games will hide on the DC Dev, when you're viewing the partition via SCSI-II hookup on the PC there wil be a series of folders in the root directory - they can have pretty much any name the user desired, but inside the folder should be a series of files with names including 01 - 05 (minimum), They represent the different tracks of the GD-ROM and store information linking to the project files for the relevant tracks. I don't have any of the SDK's anymore (no drive space and no CD Writer :smt022 ) except for R4 (which is no good to you without a Set 4 :smt096 ) but I think I have a disc knocking about somewhere with parts of R9 - fortunately the parts you will be needing IE: GD Workshop. adam-james probably has SDK R9, R10 & R11a though so speak to him :smt023

3. kortex

kortex Rising Member

assembler, the sdk R9 is in the emule, and the wince for dreamcast too ;) the files name are:
    Dreamcast_APP_Sega_Dreamcast_Katana_SDK_r9.zip
    DC.-.Dreamcast.-.WinCE.SDK.-.by.kupra.rar
    Cheers.

4. bigsexyolli

bigsexyolli Gutsy Member

Got the win ce, the R9 the R9 europe release(2 disc version) (dont' know the difference) and the R 10 as far as I know. I got icq and am able to send files...

:smt023

5. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Hummmmmm.....could we know what games are they? :)

6. Tachikoma

Tachikoma Officer at Arms

My psychic powers say no.