Anyone know how to manually patch a Shadowboot ROM to allow ProductionNet?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by AS347, May 28, 2018.

1. AS347

AS347 Spirited Member

Does anyone know the process (not specifically what to do, just the general steps) of making a ProductionNet Shadowboot ROM from a vanilla Shadowboot ROM?

2. kebob

kebob Rapidly Rising Member

This is why we can't have nice things...

XboxSurgeon, Falcon, Stipo360 and 2 others like this.
  3. begallegal1

begallegal1 Spirited Member

Not trying to be a jerk or bash on this thread in any way, but isn't Pnet dead? I mean 360 is, and release submissions I assume would have to have been stopped by now.
    Also, though I cant seem to find it in the currently posted rules I am pretty sure any talk of exploiting internal systems is not allowed.

4. AS347

AS347 Spirited Member

@kebob I'm not talking about PartnerNet, that's whitelisted and is stupid. I'm talking retail LIVE. Some people on YouTube made accounts using XDKs on Retail LIVE, and this was done using a shadowboot rom. I'm asking how to make such a ROM

5. kebob

lol Yes I'm aware of the differences between the words "Partner" and "Production" thank you. Just for the record, Partnernet is not stupid and a great place to do development using the xonline sdk.

The whole reason this technology was withheld from the public was for this specific reason. You want to use the limited supply of development hardware to screw around on an online service just hinders useful research and development and tools that could have been released almost a decade ago. Instead you just want to use it to "get free live and accounts" and bring unwanted attention to the homebrew scene.

If you'd like to do this you can find out yourself or go pay someone for it. I'm not sure if these forums are still moderated but this post imo should have been locked. Not trying to be rude but you didn't have to assume I had no idea what you were talking about. You're also the reason the internal groups try to keep this private since no one wanted it to be used to get on live; which ultimately prevents people from using it for a lot of really useful tools. Looking forward to the day they shutdown 360 servers so we can move on with public development of stuff like this.

6. wanszai

wanszai Rising Member

There is no advantage over having an xdk online over a RGH or Jtag. You cant get free live accounts (at least no more than you can on a retail). There are also thousands upon thousands of xdks in the wild now, many of which are not owned by developers.

Ive never understood why people feel the need to preach to others how to use their kits. Ive got two collecting dust on my shelf, there only use is decoration.

bowser22 and TheNew like this.
  7. kebob

Yeah I'm not trying to preach how other's are supposed to use their kits, I have some that collect dust as well right now. Just not a huge fan of using some of this software to hurt Microsoft's business and other people's fun online. I think there's more appropriate ways to mod games with friends and to test out online stuff. Sorry for the over zealous attitude, just disagree with how he went about this.

8. AS347

AS347 Spirited Member

@kebob It's fine. I'll pursue this research on my own. Rest assured it won't be for exploitation, but for fun. I didn't mean to cause controversy

9. R07

R07 Member

It’s not nearly as cool a people make it out to be in those videos. While there are many great uses for being online with a devkit, a great deal of people just does it to show off. For the average person that just makes mods for games or just plays them, it’s not really all that great to be online with it. I find myself spending more time fixing normal functionality, like games not working correctly, than I do working on stuff. It's really not worth it if you just want to show off. ;)

10. Dwack

Dwack Active Member

Open IDA and have at it.........if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't be on...