Anyone know about this wireless NES Controller?

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by KuD, Jul 20, 2016.

1. KuD

KuD Member

It's similar to the one by Akklaim, but this is IMC Videoline. I've showed it to a few people, looked online and haven't been able to get any information about it, so I'm guessing it falls under the obscure category. Just trying to learn its value or basically anything at all because I have nothing at this point.

Attached Files:

2. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

It looks indeed like the Acclaim one (I have one). But I can't help a lot about this model as I haven't seen one before.

Did you tried to look for ZBS industries ?

About the value, third party hardware isn't really valuable.

KuD likes this.
  3. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Wow see something new , never seen that controller.

jamespoo and KuD like this.
  4. KuD

KuD Member

Not sure what ZBS Industries is. I've posted this in another forum but it was completely ignored, so I'm just happy I got a response in general.

The most I know is IMC Videoline made a carrying case for NES games...and that's it. I found this controller in an old video store I got access to. I actually found an Akklaim controller with it as well.

kennypecheur likes this.
  5. kennypecheur

ZBS industries is written at the bottom of the box. It seems that the company still exists.

KuD likes this.
  6. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Maybe this was the product pitched to Acclaim and then Acclaim distributed the product under their own name, just the sticker is different.

upload_2016-7-20_14-32-41.png

KuD likes this.
  7. KuD

KuD Member

Wow. Overlooked that xD Holy hell!

Ok, so I looked into it. The current ZBS Industries was established in 2010, so it's not the same one. Did some digging and found very little. It's a video distributor. IMC Videoline is one of their trademarked properties. The most I've found on it is something in an old paper from...84? Aside from that, just the history of when the trademarks were cancelled. IMC Videoline really didn't last very long, so...no idea how many of these controllers actually exist. Definitely an interesting find though!

Also, it would be really cool if they made the controllers originally and Akklaim acquired it from them. Wish I could find more information.

Attached Files:

kennypecheur likes this.
  8. kennypecheur

Acclaim may indeed have acquired the controller patente. Opening both controller and comparing their PCB board may help you identify the manufacturer. And you will also be able to check if the differences are more than just the stickers.

Anyway, very interesting find !

And about the other forum in which you have posted the same thread (Nintendo age), people looks to be younger and pretty much only interested into buying and selling, not into investigations lol. But it is only my opinion.

KuD likes this.
  9. KuD

KuD Member

Yeeeeah. That Nintendo Age was where I went first and I was pretty disappointed. Tons of views, but no replies. One person did message me with an offer to buy it though -_- I may part with it, but I'm really just curious about this one. Not often you find something that you can't find information on.

Opening the controller may be a good idea, but I don't trust myself enough to do that. Taking apart newer things is fine for me, but I hate the idea of possibly ruining anything with age. Although...I am pretty curious...

kennypecheur likes this.
  10. kennypecheur

So you came in the right place to get informations :)

Taking appart a such controller will be easy and less dangerous than opening a smartphone. I can take appart my controller to check if it is easy to do it, but I can't do it before next week end.

KuD likes this.
  11. KuD

KuD Member

I knew of Nintendo Age from podcasts (which also talk about how shitty it is) but came across this place when I watched a video about the N64 DD that was found so...this seemed like the right place to look. I'll look into taking it apart to see if there's anything unique within soon.

kennypecheur likes this.
  12. kennypecheur

I am also on Nintendo Age, for Nintendo prototyoe buying purposes, but the prices are way too high !

Ok, let us know what you will found inside this controller. Thanks a lot !

KuD likes this.
  13. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    KuD and kennypecheur like this.
  14. kennypecheur

KuD likes this.
  15. LainPW

LainPW Rapidly Rising Member

Ah, a fan of Pat the NES Punk! :D

KuD likes this.
  16. skyway1985

skyway1985 Enthusiastic Member

KuD, it doesn't have the 15pin port on it right? The akklaim ones don't either, even though it's shown in the box art.

17. KuD

KuD Member

I'll have to look at it when I return from vacation. Will post as soon as I find out!