anyone interested in a group buy for mega everdrives?

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by jjona5, Oct 29, 2015.

1. jjona5

jjona5 Spirited Member

10+ are 40 dollars cheaper...

2. AtomizerZero

AtomizerZero Intrepid Member

While it sounds like a good idea at first; postage of the other 9 everdrives to those who put money in would probably up the price beyond the $40 saving. Bulk buying something like this is only worth while if you're selling them on for a profit.

3. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

4. Kappa

Kappa Peppy Member

Thats not how group buys work, you ask for the money + a little extra for shipping from everyone. Then you send them out, giving everyone a saving off the original cost.

5. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

counterfeit, probably only works with some games, can't be updated to newest OS, and will likely fail in a few days or so. Krikzz will not help anyone with this shit. If you checked some of the old post on Krikzz forum, there are people who bought from Aliexpress and got burned very quickly.

6. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

It probably is a clone. But I wouldn't say what it works and doesnt't work with. The thing with aliexpress is they have a safety net just like paypal and ebay. So if it dies in a few days you'd get a full refund and the seller wouldn't survive very long. We can agree that it would be silly for Krikzz to support a clone product. The description clearly states that you shouldn't try to update the software.

7. jjona5

jjona5 Spirited Member

8. npt

npt Spirited Member

not sure if anyone has talked more about this but i'd be in on a group buy, depending when it happens.

9. jjona5

jjona5 Spirited Member

Well I went ahead and bought one on my own since this couldnt grab any traction. I'm thinking about buying a sd2snes eventually

10. kruuth

kruuth Member

As someone that has owned both a Mega Everdrive and a knockoff, I'll tell you right now that the knockoff is junk. Cheats don't work, saves get corrupted, and there's less compatibility. The build quality is a lot lower and may or may not work in the clone consoles. Good luck with support too. I'd rather spend a little extra $$ and get something that I know works.