Anyone in michigan need a bunch of parts?

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by piratebox, Jan 10, 2018.

1. piratebox

piratebox Spirited Member

I have muscular dystrophy, I have a bin full of xbox, xbox360, n64, ps2's and random parts. I sadly can not solder or use my hands like I used to. I dont have much money to ship all of it but if you live in michigan I'd be happy if someone used some of this stuff. I'll take pictures soon if anyone is interested (hands are shaking)

Bearking likes this.
  2. VerticalE

VerticalE Robust Member

What a nice gesture! I don't have much time anymore to play around with game-related stuff or else I'd offer a trade of some sorts for something you could have use for instead.

3. begallegal1

begallegal1 Rapidly Rising Member

Hello, very sorry to hear of your troubles, living with health issues I can relate with and it is the worst. I live in southwest Michigan about midway between Kalamazoo and Benton Harbor, what area of the state are you in?

4. s8n

s8n Gutsy Member

bad luck mate on the condition , i have some mental health issues so i can also relate. Very nice of you to offer your treasures to someone.........hats off to you for the consideration of others , you can take comfort in making someone really happy.

5. piratebox

piratebox Spirited Member

I live in midland not sure If it's worth it. mostly just old cables and motherboards and controllers, most of the ps2's work fine. Just thought people could use parts lol I kept them for perserving good consoles that people trash.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. begallegal1

begallegal1 Rapidly Rising Member

Ah, yea that's quite the drive from here. You might try something like the "LetGo" app in attempt to find people locally. I found a few good people on there who came and helped me clear out some household stuff I just wanted rid of. But on the other hand I had quite a few jackasses stand me up on scheduled pickups (of listed free items they contacted me about, and set up the time THEY wanted for pickup) . Keep in mind I live in a really crappy area where people basically expect an item to be brand new in the box and that you will not only give it to them free, but deliver it to their door as well. I can't imagine it is like that everywhere. There was one person who contacted me about a lot I listed of 35 x360's I was taking offers on. I did not expect much for a bunch of broken 360's, maybe $50-75 for all seeing as there was not just the consoles but about 25 power bricks and av cords etc,,, guy offers me $5 and is a complete dick who gave me a 1 star rating after I turned him down. But as I said some people were very cool and very grateful for the items I gave or sold them. I can say that overall as bad as all the above sounds it was still better for me than trying to sell and ship items on ebay.