Any unleaked Dreamcast games in circulation?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by americandad, Aug 8, 2015.

1. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Thank you for that information. That clears that up then. I was wondering whether a build would ever surface.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
    LD likes this.
  2. LD

LD Peppy Member

You might want to loose the gmail details my friend shown on the above post, spammers might take advantage :)

But on a lighter note, i really appreciate the info/views from Treyarch on the DC, sad as the news is, it gives yet more understanding of how the platform was viewed.

3. Tomleecee

Tomleecee Spirited Member

4. LD

LD Peppy Member

Wow.Very 1st i've heard of such a port.This opens up all manner of possibilities as, i believe the game was powered by a (moddified version of the...) Quake III Engine and whilst both the PS2 and Xbox versions (i had the Xbox version) both had exclusive content, the PS2 version lacked any multiplayer options, so this would of been a shot in the arm for the DC version.

I think different studios handled the PS2 and Xbox versions as well, Gray Matter Interactive doing the PS2 version with Nerve Software doing the Xbox version, so a third developer handling a planned DC version would of made perfect sense.

The other possibilty (and this is pure speculation on my part) is that this might of been a spin-off game, maybe just the multiplayer aspect, designed to showcase the online side of the Dreamcast and get more users playing online via the DC?.

What ever the answers are, this is a fantastic find and thanks for sharing.

The TRUE Star Raiders II on Atari 8 Bit i saw running yesterday and now this on Dreamcast.

What an end to a fantastic year for Lost games being discovered....

Daffy Duck on C64, news of 7800 Paperboy being finished then delivered but sadly lost, 7800 Toki and now these 2.

Fantastic.

arnoldlayne and xaeroxcore like this.
  5. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

Maybe somebody here knows a Tantalus insider or ex insider and can try to ask if knows something about this.

6. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I love all of these DC games coming out after so many years of next to nothing. Even if we can't play them it's excellent to know and see the games.

7. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Agreed on all counts - great to see these games surfacing, even in video format. As before, I'm puzzled as to how your contact got all these discs? ... but very grateful he/she did and is happy to share these videos :)

I would have loved to see Wolfenstein get a DC release, I have fond memories of completing the PS2 version when I was living in China - one of the few PS2 games I can say I actually completed.

Again, definitely too late in the DC's life-span to warrant a release - I don't see there being any mystery as to why it wasn't completed.

LD likes this.
  8. LD

LD Peppy Member

Does anyone know IF Toby Gard ever started any coding on DC version of Galleon?

I did email him, months ago, but sadly never had a reply :-(

He's quoted in Aug'98 issue of Edge saying he'd recently spoken to Sega, thought the DC was a very nice machine, but would have to wait and see about developing for it.....

Then in April 2000 DC-UK have an interview with him, he talks a lot about the concept of Galleon, but there's not a lick if DC specific info, yet mag had game down for a summer 2000 release on the DC.

9. LD

LD Peppy Member

Not a shred of evidence pointing to any DC coding of Galleon from my end.

99 it starts out as PC only

2001 it's listed as platform:TBC

Shown at 2002's E3

2003 Xbox only title.

In between 2001-2003, UK Press have it down for DC, Ps2 plus as a launch Game Cube Title.

10. LD

LD Peppy Member

Bungie had told Edge magazine there was a possibilty of bringing ONI to the Dreamcast, i guess in the end it never recieved the green light and instead they went with the PS2 as prefered console for it?.

11. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

This Shanghai is confirmed but is not in my hands.

Also once had Dream Dorobo

12. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Is this the same game you're talking about:

13. Buyatari

It's been some time but this is what I recall. Dream Dorobo was looking for something that I didn't have. There were two discs and they each went nowhere. Perhaps it needed to be online or it required some other type of interface. All I saw were rolling clouds when I booted it.

americandad likes this.
  14. ShaunMurray

ShaunMurray Active Member

I reached out to Basil looking to see if he still had Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and he said he never owned a copy. Hopefully it shows up eventually. TD Cycles was a very early demo as well with not much of anything to do.

15. Buyatari

There may be at least 2 builds of test drive cycles. Neither one was very complete but I remember that one version had the Lincoln memorial in it and I don't think the other version I played had this.

Two versions of worms pinball out there for sure. Both deal with the problem of the scoreboard obstructing the view in a different way. One allows you dim the scoreboard so as to see through it. The other allows you move it anywhere on the screen.

arnoldlayne and japanese_cake like this.
  16. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Buyatari, first of all thanks for your detailed replies - this is the first time I've read any detail about how the discs play - thank you!

A question, if that's okay? - Aside from Shanghai Dynasty, HOMAM3, TD Cycles, Dream Dorobo and Worms Pinball - can you think of any other unreleased GDR's that passed through your hands way back when? (I know it was a long time ago, so I'll understand completely if you can't remember!)

LD likes this.
  17. Buyatari

For sure there were others but I don't recall them right now.

If you care, there were also a few unreleased PAL versions of released NTSC Dreamcast titles but I'm not sure which as PAL was never my thing.

Most of the playstation discs I still have somewhere but all of my Dreamcast discs are gone. Still somewhere there is a trail. Old pictures and emails etc. If I remember or find anything else I'll post it.

arnoldlayne likes this.
  18. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

I know i´ve asked for it 1000 times but...Does anybody have any info about Dreamcast Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2? Apart from what´s available on the web, sure....

19. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Still mad I missed out on the FFTactics.

20. Buyatari

Did I sell it? I don't recall.
    Thought I still had that one somewhere.