Any unleaked Dreamcast games in circulation?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by americandad, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

As one of the first Dreamcast games shown off to the public, it wouldn't surprise me if Geist Force was developed at the point Sega went from using its own interim Dragon libraries to the eventual Katana SDK, which included packages called Ninja and Kamui - I'm fairly sure I once saw reference to this game using some of the earliest Ninja tools from before these were finalised, perhaps helping to explain why it was so difficult to get this running properly on retail hardware.

2. slayer2k8

slayer2k8 <B>Site Supporter 2011</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Interesting i thought that part of the code might have used Win CE as it was a standardised target that early development could at least be shared between studios rather than waiting for the Katana software to be developed. Does anyone actually know the internal Sega of America team that was behind development?

3. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

More unreleased DC games exists!
    28336320_1014738072025541_1548784855219164095_o.jpg 28337628_1014726825359999_560784489097263596_o.jpg

4. Laurent

Laurent Spirited Member

Always about Gheist force:

-As far as the Geist cancellation it was due to the game going over budget. Japan was not happy with the progress after 18 months of development so they pulled funding and also canceled all other in development Sega USA games.

-Yeah Geist Force was being developed by a new internal team of developers at Sega headquarters in Redwood City, CA at the time. They were new and inexperienced so that is probably why they took so long and why the game was not very good.

5. slayer2k8

slayer2k8 <B>Site Supporter 2011</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Laurent i'm not too sure it was the American 2nd party development teams that made the 2k series of sports games (Visual Concepts) so stateside development wasn't canceled. Although apart from localising software i'm not aware of what titles Sega USA actually developed.

6. KGRAMR

Since i was not active on the site for like 1-2 months, i found even MORE cool stuff in regards to unreleased stuff to the Dreamcast (from one of my favorite magazines of the past decade) so please look foward to them ;)

Mrneo240 and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  7. KGRAMR

Mrneo240 likes this.
  8. Esppiral

Esppiral Gutsy Member

What happened?

9. LuizNai

LuizNai Spirited Member

fafadou likes this.
  10. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

11. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Header for ... ?

A PC port for DC?

fafadou likes this.
  12. fafadou

fafadou Gutsy Member

Do you have the entire script ?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  13. LuizNai

LuizNai Spirited Member

There is also another build of Half Life that have appeared on TDJY Facebook group, the guy said he will dump it on this month.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    fafadou likes this.
  14. Anthaemia.

If that really is a Half Life prototype, the date suggests that it's just over a month earlier than the build we already have, so it's almost certainly not going to be as complete. However, it might yet contain features that were removed later in development - we'll just never know until it can be preserved and its contents fully analysed...

15. Esppiral

Esppiral Gutsy Member

What does that mean?

16. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

It's source code for Woody Woodpecker. Might be missing stuff though

arnoldlayne likes this.
  17. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Peppy Member

I heard Grand Theft Auto 3 may have been half way or really close to being done on dreamcast. Just something I heard

18. Anthaemia.

I was under the impression that Grand Theft Auto III was cancelled for Dreamcast at a similarly early state to the original in its planned Saturn form, but wasn't part of the problem also that Sega's 128-bit system lacked the necessary VRAM to load each of the game's three main areas into memory at once, possibly requiring these to be split into smaller parts with more frequent intrusive pauses for loading? Also, there's little chance Rockstar would have continued to support the Dreamcast going into late 2001, as Sega had already made the official announcement that it was pulling the plug on this hardware at the start of that same year. If anything does still exist, I expect it will be highly incomplete, and Rockstar isn't exactly known for its prototype leaks, so we can probably rule out ever getting to play whatever may remain of this one.

19. Tomleecee

Tomleecee Spirited Member

I doubt it was ever officially started. I spoke to Bernie Stolar recently for an interview I did, and he said that he was really pushing to try to get a deal for GTA III on the DC before he left SoA. Apart from that, there's no evidence to suggest DMA ever even started a DC version. Although I'd love to be proved wrong!

arnoldlayne likes this.
  20. Esppiral

Esppiral Gutsy Member

Even a tech demo of a car running on an empty road would be awesome...

Tomleecee likes this.