Any known "Commercial" N64 source code out there?

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by jonwil, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jonwil

jonwil Robust Member

Is there any known source code out there for any commercial games/demos/whatever for the 64 (as in, made by companies with licenses from Nintendo and with the official devkits)?

Be it for games that hit the shelves, tech demos, unreleased stuff or whatever else, anything that could be compiled and played on a 64 with the right flash cart/mods.

2. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

Knowing the Big N and theyr ND acts, somehow unrealistic...in the light side of the world. In the obscure - aka here - you can get lots :lol: (if you have $$$)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. zappenduster

zappenduster Familiar Face

uhm assembler did release something or was to cant really remember some engine or so if iam not completly wrong

4. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

Check the sample code which comes with the SDK.

5. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I have a load of it, which will soon be sorted and torrented.

A complete engine I hope, it should make n64 scene a bit more exciting soon.

6. olivieryuyu

olivieryuyu Robust Member

:clap:

i am looking forward to seeing that.

7. MindChild

MindChild Rising Member

I have a bit of source/resources (images, models, etc) for Tony Hawk on the N64. I obtained it a LONG time ago when I got my SN Systems n64 dev kit. The code is nowhere near compilable, but the models and such are nice to look at.

8. Haruglory

Haruglory Spirited Member

Do like much Tony Hawk game series, would be cool to see these !

9. marshallh

marshallh N64 Coder

I'm all over anything N64-related ;-)

10. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

Here's another one! :)!

11. Chell65

Chell65 Active Member

Ooh what happened with Assembler's torrent? Where might I find it?

12. Amorri40

Amorri40 Active Member

Has there been any leaked N64 source code in the past 10 years since this thread was started?
    N64 source code seems to be incredibly rare which really is a shame as it would be fascinating to see how commercial N64 games were developed in comparison to other systems of the time.

13. udkultimate

udkultimate Rising Member

I only know of the recently discovered Turok 64 Source Code and NBA JAM 99 from that guy which brought a bunch of silicon graphics indy worksations from Acclaim`s bankrupt stuff. I know aswell of the Quagmire Engine for N64 which comes also from acclaim sports division which was used to create some american football game and others. I don`t have any of those, however I would love to play with Turok 64 Source Code.

14. Kneesnap

Kneesnap Member

I don't know if I'm allowed to link it, so I won't, but there are several N64 games with publicly available source code:

upload_2018-10-22_20-26-54.png

upload_2018-10-22_20-33-3.png

Amorri40 likes this.
  15. Durandal

Durandal Spirited Member

Is the Turok source code not still online? I've got it too.

16. Kneesnap

Kneesnap Member

It is online, but not in a very mainstream place. You'd need to do some digging to find it as it stands right now.

17. Amorri40

Amorri40 Active Member

Wow! Waited years for some Official N64 source code and then two come along at once, thank you so much! :)

18. udkultimate

WOW, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I just googled the name of the file turokfinal_cracked.7z and found the source code! I am downloading it right now, however, has anyone been able to compile the source code and get the game running? Is this the full source code or just an early development build? I mean, is possible from this source code create a complete new n64 game? Does it comes with the 3d assets, so I can import them into a modern 3d package (3dsmax, maya, blender) to use them as a base for creating some new assets? Does it come with a kind of model converter to convert the models and animations to the turokengine format?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  19. Amorri40

Amorri40 Active Member

I can get it compiling but I just can't seem to get the game to run in any emulator, will need more investigation. Although I am getting a few linker warnings which will probably be the cause of this:
    Warning: type of symbol `osWritebackDCacheAll' changed from 2 to 1 in codesegment.o
    Warning: type of symbol `osInvalICache' changed from 2 to 1 in codesegment.o

It sadly does not come with 3d assets in editable format that you can just import into 3dstudio this is purely the programming source code as far as I can tell.

20. udkultimate

Hello there

Hey, your website is a pleasure for my eyes!!! It's like a candy pot for any game fan from the 90's :D

I have grown playing N64 whenever I was young (now I am 34), and N64 is the reason why I am now working with game development. I am always fascinated with games making offs, however, seeing making off's from old consoles is a trully delight to my eyes and my heart bro!!!!

WOW, this article on your site:

https://www.retroreversing.com/turok64sourcecode

Is fantastic!!!!

However, is a shame that the original models are not present, so this is more for preservation than production, right? I was trully thinking on creating something like Half Life 64, by porting the original half life models to 3dsmax, reduce polycount and texture size, and get these assets running on Turok N64 Engine.

However I think this will not be possible to do :(