Announcing the Prototopia project

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by DevHackr, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I havent heard of a copy being out there. I believe it started life on the original Xbox though.

2. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

This is fantastic! I truly am amazed by how many prototypes you've amassed in one location. Good job.

3. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

I do rename stuff, but I always leave any documentation

Edit: Also I have archives in there of the SNES/Sega Genesis scene which left behind a LOT of documents. You can locate a lot of old prototypes' origins this way.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  4. Lamont

Lamont Site Supporter 2015

Did you get that particular one from Chris at Nintendo Player?

If so, then it would be the same build (full, slightly different to retail - we assume it was a press or walkthrough prototype also due to the factor that it has the longboard case and the HUMAN logo on it in contrast to the other HUMAN ones I've seen) that Chris and I documented over on his site. I haven't downloaded your one as my connection is slightly on the fritz.

I know of two other prototype cartridges of it and a retail sampler cartridge but neither of the three have been willing to go through publicly dumping them or to just sell them to Chris or myself as either of us would happily dump and document differences. So, those other two prototype builds and the timed retail sampler's exact details and possible differences at the current time, remain unknown until I get to look at them.

Clock Tower 2 Trial Edition - PS1
    Drag-on Dragoon 2 Trial Edition - PS2

And an archive with the web materials, Sorry I'm a dumbass! I forgot to upload the whole archive into that folder! Anyway, here's a RAR of it. I also put in a scan of the cover slip and the disc. :) I would've made an ISO of the disc but it relied on an outdated version of Internet Explorer and the HTML was showing up completely and utterly broken, so I just pulled all of the actually useful files from the disc (there was also a small interview sitting on the disc but that was actually published publicly and the video footage from the disc I have uploaded onto YouTube as well as it had to be reencoded to work properly now).

I'll be putting up scans of the DoD2 Trial Edition onto the Drakengard section of my site but if you want the covers and the like of the two Clock Tower demos, I can put those up too as I'm quite sure that the Ghost Head - Dual Horror Experience Trial Edition one currently misplaced in the PS2 section (it's a PS1 disc) is also from my own CT ones.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  5. gallaga

gallaga <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

This is truly an amazing project, thanks for sharing.

6. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

There are two early builds of Major Damage for the Sega Saturn out there, from myself and Segafreak_NL via donation from Mr Saturn. And a second (sightly later) build of Werewolf for the Sega Saturn, from myself and Segafreak_NL via donation from SegaSaturno / fundraiser.

And numerous other Saturn betas on the way....

7. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Active Member

Thanks for this. I didn't even know I wanted a complete Xbox DLC collection until I saw one! Now I have one! And 4GB less hdd space!

8. piratebox

piratebox Spirited Member

It has been a dream of mine to play that, god i bet its gone though.

9. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

Well I couldn't find the earlier build of Soul Reaver, perhaps someone else can upload it

10. gallaga

gallaga <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

When going trough the dev stuff I found that in Protopia->[Devkits]->Sony - Playstation 3->PS3 3.60 FULL SDK the file 047 is missing.

11. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

i am will to up some xbox 360 stuff i just got from my old roommate

12. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Epic collection, thanks! If you have ability - do backups of all this stuff on external memory devices as much copies as you (or everyone else) can, cause it's all may fall offline like always.

Missing:
    Maybe i'm wrong, but i don't see SH 2 E3 build in PS2 directory, that available here: http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2402393
    UPD: no Killzone in ps2? http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?34418-Killzone-1-review
    UPD2: and "Silent Hill 2 - Trial Version [SLPM-61009]" isn't here too! was avaliable here but now is lost file: http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=13880

also, SH arcade in arcade folder?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  13. iCEQB

iCEQB Peppy Member

Anyone ever managed to acquire this?

NEED.FOR.SPEED.UNDERCOVER_PROMO.X360DEVKIT_-XENON

It's for 360 ... and afaik if has some nice differences compared to the retail version.
    I remeber seeing a video of this version, where in the loading screen the game was still called "Need For Speed: The Chase"

Would be nice to have that up there.

14. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

i got that and it will be going up soon

15. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Prototopia /ps2/Silent Hill 3 [E3 Trial Version B].rar
    seems to be broken, trying to unpack with winrar and this is error log plus recovery: http://pastebin.com/gsRiQiD0
    Then i was turn on "don't delete broken files" and got the iso, but pcsx2 won't load this and says on infinity loading screen: http://pastebin.com/Aj1ppEip
    Any ideas? badly extracted iso file is actually not at 100% broken but seems like mostly yes... Here is surface scan of iso with IsoBuster (mounted with Deamon tools lite):

"Following files are located on locations that are unreadable.
    Extracting them might prove difficult and the resulting files may contain errors.

00848492 , L:\X2\HC.MFA
    00847568 , L:\X2\HCGB.MFA
    00853260 , L:\X2\HCHU1F.AFS
    00845495 , L:\X2\TH.AFS
    01012713 , L:\X3\CR.AFS
    01009249 , L:\X3\CR.MFA
    01008331 , L:\X3\CRGB.MFA
    01034550 , L:\X3\CZ.AFS
    01033351 , L:\X3\CZ.MFA
    01032433 , L:\X3\CZGB.MFA
    00921077 , L:\X3\TPEA.AFS
    00900096 , L:\X3\TPEA.MFA
    00875924 , L:\X3\TPGB.MFA
    00981932 , L:\X3\TPSO.AFS
    00970885 , L:\X3\TPSO.MFA
    00886637 , L:\X3\TPWE.AFS
    00876844 , L:\X3\TPWE.MFA
    01052341 , L:\MV0.MFA"

good thing that executable file is readable

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  16. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Any chance for a torrent? My isp intentionally messed with mediafire and mega. My downloads will never complete.

17. BetaMan64

BetaMan64 Rising Member

Thanks!!! I didn't know that there was a second Mike Tyson nes game that was unreleased.

btw the download for that isn't working.

18. Sheimi

Sheimi Active Member

I do not see Crash Team Racing Review Copy listed. Do you want me to upload it?

19. DevHackr

I could possibly, but most trackers are garbage these days. I'd have this on underground gamer if I could =\

20. DevHackr

I have Crash Tag Team Racing - E3 Demo [SLED53442] and Crash Team Racing [USA][Demo][SCUS-94459]

Do you have the sony product number for it