Announcing the Prototopia project

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by DevHackr, Jul 9, 2014.

1. NexTheReal

NexTheReal Just call me Nex

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. Cerv3ro

Cerv3ro Member

Hi there, excellent work done here, thanks to all that make this real. I´ve seen in several forums that the Clockwork knight puzzle proto (Saturn) was released back in 2006. Does somebody knows where to find it?. regards

3. seandc02

seandc02 Rising Member

4. nitroflamebird

nitroflamebird Time Traveler

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Chagosan likes this.
  5. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

PS1 -> Silent Hill (USA) (v1.0) [BETA][SLUS-00707] - broken?

If mount this iso in DAEMON Tools - then recreate it with IsoBuster - this error will pop-up in the process:
    sh-beta-error.PNG
    Does it mean that file or archive is broken or IsoBuster can't understand specific Psone file system structure? ("Silent Hill [Prototype]" from the same category has no errors)

6. dj9mhz

dj9mhz Cool, can I hack it?

I'm sure you already know this, you can copy another cue file from a different game and edit it with the correct ISO name and it should work. I've had to do this with many Saturn games from prototopia and they have all worked with this method.

Cheers!

Chagosan likes this.
  7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Already found my way of doing it.
    I just mount the image, use imgburn or equivalent to make a bin/cue, and go from there.

8. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

First of all, I want to say thanks, lots of thanks for all these protos, betas, and demos!

Second, is anyone else having problems accessing the files and/or looking through the folders? I've thought about creating a torrent for easy downloading, but perhaps someone else has already done this?

9. Joel

Joel Newly Registered

Test Drive Unlimited BETA.
    Platform: PSP
    UMD title: Testdrive Unlimited ULET v3580
    Game ID: ULET-00386
    Disc version: v0.01

Download link:
    https://www.ulozto.net/xWm8Jnn/psp-test-drive-unlimited-cso

This beta build is from october 2006, while the final game is from february 2007. I have not tested it enough yet but I already saw some differences in the game menus/screens. This is the ONLY working download link I have found for it, please re-upload it to Prototopia for archiving purposes.

As a side note, I have a dump of God of War Chains of Olympus UCET-00844, which is supposedly a "beta". I will take a deep look at it to see if it's worth upload it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Chagosan, Digmac, Yoti and 2 others like this.
  10. DartPower

DartPower Member

Re-uploaded (russian cloud filehosting, just click a button, nothing to do another)
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9zWe/rzHeGiQBs

11. Wolfcarnage

Wolfcarnage Active Member

Thank you so much releasing these to the assembler games community for those that are not rich and cannot afford getting their hands on some of these other hard to find betas!! :)

12. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

@DevHackr - I see you've been online since I PMed you. Could you please ensure you read my PM and reply as a matter of high priority.

CodeAsm likes this.
  13. Wolfcarnage

It depends on the method i think..I can see the files on my slow computer internet and on mobile it dissapears and reappears you figure it would be the other way around..

14. Hiccup

Hiccup Robust Member

If people are having trouble with the mediafire interface, they should try an external tool (e.g. a command-line mediafire tool)

15. Wolfcarnage

Being a Newbie here probably dumb question too most but I have downloaded a lot of the beta alpha demos on protopia, I have a rgh 2. How can I play files that request Xbox live? Like the black ops,beta or black ops 2,Beta? Or even the crackdown alpha there is no xex just exe. Do I need a Dev kit just to play these? I switches to retail and the files do not even show up so the idea of playing them from USB under storage will not work. Thanks for listening to a Noobs questions please go easy on me :)

16. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

You need to patch out the live check which is not exactly the easiest thing to do and no an XDK wont run that crackdown build since its for Alpha kits iirc.

EDIT: Oh right xextool does have an option to remove checks like the live check so that might work but more often then not it wont :/

Wolfcarnage likes this.
  17. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Crackdown works on retails. Its a so-called alpha build, but not an alpha kit build. I dont know that it is truly and alpha, didnt look closely hah

finalkillcams and Wolfcarnage like this.
  18. Wolfcarnage

This is so darn gone confusing lol I figured I would just need to get my hands on a expo xna Dev kit and I would be all set lol. Sounds like this a lot more complicated than I thought.. If only I was content with just modding games and trainers lol..now I know that these files are out there I have to have them and experience it..the dead rising e3 all these canceled games like Stargate and marvel no one has been able to see..its a definite headrush!!!

19. richterw

richterw Rapidly Rising Member

Just an observation:
    The unreleased Oblivion builds are missing from the PSP folder, they should be added there.

20. ImDaPap

ImDaPap Member

Thanks for sharing!