Announcing the Prototopia project

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by DevHackr, Jul 9, 2014.

1. DevHackr

DevHackr Enthusiastic Member

A handful of people and myself have been working together over the last five years to amass the largest collection of obscure gaming materials we possibly could. We've been alerting each other of newly dumped prototypes, devkits, etc during this time in an attempt to preserve and redistribute them to prevent them from being lost. Some stuff is rarer than other, and some of it is common. However it's time to bring the public in and allow their input.

If you see anything missing, poorly named, duplicates, or plain ol' unneeded, let me know. It's our belief that having extra eyes at this stage will help us clean the project up. Feel free to snag whatever you like, feel free to mirror it if you like. No credit is needed, more outlets of preservation is thanks enough.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8r4xe46lt1exu//Prototopia

Added by admin ----------------------------------------
    You can use Jdownloader to download all the files at once.
    http://filehippo.com/download_jdownloader
    tips:
    set downloads to one at a time.
    In options select "create subfolder for packagename"
    Select "create sub-folder after adding links"
    Select "enable monitor of clipboards", then rich click and copy the links to the que.
    Admin---------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Please don't PM me. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  2. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

Very nice and interesting project; thanks for sharing!

I took a quick look at some of the PS1 and PS2 stuff; may have spotted some duplicates but need to confirm.

In regards to missing stuff, here's a couple of things I shared in this forum that you may want to add (didn't seem them at a first glance):
    PS2 SDK 3.0.3 (July 2005)
    Metrowerks CodeWarrior for Net Yaroze R2
    Metrowerks CodeWarrior patches for various consoles
    (let me know if any of the download links is not working and I'll reup for you)

Also, I see you have the archive that was shared for the Net Yaroze member's site, but couldn't see the archive for the PS2 Linux site.

I'll try to further navigate and let you know if I spot anything else that's missing or duplicate.

3. Lamont

Lamont Site Supporter 2015

4. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Wow, crazy thorough. Can't wait to completely look through this. Awesome job, thanks!

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Dinosaur Hunting looks to be the Japanese version, which was very much released. Might want to remove that ;) Thought we had another build on our hands hah

6. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Very nice collection, thanks for the efforts!

7. ifritaeon61

ifritaeon61 Active Member

Nice idea!!
    Would it be possible to upload some "Registered User Demos" for PSX? I had some back in my childhood, I remember the number 02 in particular, but unluckily I lost all of them...

8. DevHackr

Grabbed those, will add in next update! Thank you!

9. DevHackr

I think I have a clock tower prototype in SNES. Is yours different? Grabbing CT2 trial and DOD 2 trial. What systems are those for. The web materials I don't have the ability to go through and grab them all individually, do you have an archive?

10. DevHackr

I vaguely remember you possibly had a hand in this? I can't recall, but I know this is generally your area. If you're 100% sure I'll remove that on your word. No point in having general retail stuff

11. DevHackr

Sadly I do not have these. I will make an effort to find them.

12. Borman

I have a copy of the English version, which is unreleased. The build on there, while I havent played it, has a build date of July, versus October for the English version. And I havent released the English one. I know the copy I have isn't unique, but I havent heard of it leaking, let alone in 2008 which seems to be the timestamp of when that one was uploaded originally. Plus the region coding :p

[​IMG]

13. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Very good idea! Thanks for sharing!

14. NetYaroze

NetYaroze Robust Member

the most impressive and massive download center ever seen on this forum!!! :D ...thank you so fucking much! XD

15. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

great effort.

there was an unreleased FF2 US nes version? didn't know that or i forgot about it lol

16. Borman

Yep, released years ago.

And you can tell who is new when they forget about the FTP or other projects that tried this as well :p

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  17. DevHackr

borman, a bit of an oddball question, but I very rarely deal with 360. I still have never even played one as nuts as it sounds. But I recall a cancelled game called Demonik was in the movie "Grandma's Boy." It got me hyped for it then it vanished like a fart in the wind. Have you heard of anyone out in the 360 wilderness that may have preserved it?

18. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

That would be insane if someone could dig that nugget of a build up.

19. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

I don't think the early soul reaver beta is on there. I downloaded and booted both of them, and checked to see which one didn't have the vampire transformation on the title screen(this would be the early beta). I posted a link to it before in another thread, but the link is dead. I'll try and look for it again.
    I'd also like to say wonderful work! Must've taken a while to assemble all these files and order them :p

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  20. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

This is a great project.

One question, do you keep track of the origin of the betas? Although I know you don't like the idea of having "credit" on releases, I have seen some ROM images be flagged as being hacks rather than legit betas. If you can track down the origin, it makes it much easier to determine the legitimacy of the beta.