NOTICE All journeys have an end

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMbler, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

As far as I know, no new owner. I've been offered a higher position, but I want to make sure that I have the answers that everyone needs first. If I can't answer the questions, then that is an issue. If I'm going to help keep this place going, then changes need to make sense and be up front.

2. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

I'll echo what I said in the other thread. ASSEMBler owes us nothing. 20+ years of running what began as a personal website and developing it into so much more. I remember seeing versions of the site on geocities or something similar. Remember the shitty website you had when you were 12? Imagine if that evolved into this. That's probably, literally, a one in a million shot. Yeah, we've all built this cool place together, to some degree, but ASSEMBler is the cool kid who invited us over and provided us with a place to do it.

Have fun, sir. Like you said, go play some games. I ran across your thread in the MSX section from about a year ago, recently. Go play some MSX games like I've been doing. Get a Megaflashrom (https://www.msxcartridgeshop.com/) or Carnivore (https://www.8bits4ever.net/msx) and just play a ton of cool ass games that we never got here in the U.S. Sheet. I recommend Maze of Galious. Holy shit that's a good one.

Everybody needs some time to play games. Life is hard, I've gotten so jaded about games for long periods of time that I barely played any for a year. I seem to recall times where we didn't hear from ASSEMBler for ages, yet he kept it all going. Kudos, thumbs up, thanks for selling me a cool thing one time which I have no business having, but it's still my favorite thing in my collection. Have fun, thanks again, see you soon.

Also, people, Jesus, breathe.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  3. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I think that the faceless @Admin is a good idea. I'd guess the most prominent Moderator(s) would get access to the account, and the facelessness would mean that the person behind the job is separated from the Admin function.

What started this whole ordeal is that Kevin tried to share stuff with the community and he was met with completely off-topic criticism about his managing of the forums. I can understand it can get very bothersome when your position doesn't allow you to partake in the community as a regular member anymore. To use the previous metaphor: Being a landlord to your friends sucks.

I hope you can still be a part of the community here Kevin, under a new secret account if need be.

Zeigren, Keiji Dragon and zzattack like this.
  4. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

Assemblergames has been a beacon for this kind of information for years, good luck to Assembler in the future, and I sincerely hope this site continues to stay as great as it's always been.

5. Segafreak_NL

Segafreak_NL v2.0 New and improved. Site supporter 2012-15

That.
    [​IMG]

Arcadia and sabre470 like this.
  6. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

Thanks for the hard work man. Don't feel you dont' deserve to rest if you want to step away.

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  7. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

Thanks Kevin for all the hard work you've poured over the years and for making this place so awesome!

james2452 likes this.
  8. drx

drx BLAST PROCESSING. SITE SUPPORTER 2015

Ave, Tribune, te salutant.

CrAzY, MBMM, Charels and 1 other person like this.
  9. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I know this isn't really contributing anything new to the thread, but I'm just so grateful to Kevin for giving us such a great forum... I've genuinely lost count of the prototypes that I either downloaded or discussed through this place over the years, and it's crazy to think how long some of us have been members here - we're probably closer than most families!

Keiji Dragon likes this.
  10. WorldGenesis

WorldGenesis irc.worldgenesis.net

Thanks for all the fish! :D

MBMM and americandad like this.
  11. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

I just want true leadership and not banter and weirdness of the side switching hands and what not.

CodeAsm likes this.
  12. Stipo360

Stipo360 Dead Rising & XDKs

I just want everything back to normal.

13. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

I myself have been steadly moving away as I'm getting old - selling off most of stuff I've accumulated over last 20+ years - hence why I'm no longer active for last several years.
    still thanks mate for the great time and I really enjoyed it. Now I think about that was probably one of best time after I graduated. :)
    Wish you the best and all the best with new Admin team.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  14. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Thanks for everything, Kev. You will be missed for sure. Enjoy the extra time :)

15. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

Thank you for providing us with the framework that allowed such an amazing community to grow and thrive for years and years.

Keiji Dragon and MBMM like this.
  16. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

Good luck Assemblr. Can we get the black background back? White is bad on my eyes!

17. james2452

james2452 X360

Thanks for this site and all the hard work you have put into it. You will be missed..

18. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

Lower left corner. Set it back to black

Greg2600 and james2452 like this.
  19. Zeigren

Zeigren Robust Member

See you Space Cowboy

20. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

Thank you for providing us a space to discuss such a niche in this sector of video games, Assembler. Good luck with whatever you decide to do from here on out.